Taboo----any songs you do not like? Honesty is a bitch

• Forum MVP

I hate this topic, as for me, its taboo to talk anything negative about GD!!!

However, I really want to know.  Any songs you guys do not like, or just sort of like, or rather, use that song to take a piss, have a smoke, or go poke around?

Picasso Moon?   Corina?    With in the past several years, I have actually got to like some songs that I did not like back in the day.   Corina---maybe I have not heard it in nearly 2 decades, I might like it now.   I saw so many wang dangs that I just wondered why not play some of your loved classics?

I hate to say this, but I forget now which Hampton show, but was not so happy about the US Blues?  WTF----I can not wait to shake my ass to that tune again.  Can not belive it was not one of my favorties back in the day.  Still, Picasso Moon.....Seems like I got a lot that---but I also got a lot of Dark Stars too, and that was all by luck!!!!   

One more Sat night.   mmmm.........Like that one again!!!     At least the jams in between!!   

It took me a while to warm up to Masterpiece and Desolation Row as well, but I love those tunes silly!!!   Masterpiece being one of my favorites both Jerry sing, and Bobby style!!    

Oh Yea, utube new to me!!    Watched leterman with Jerry and Bobby!!   Bobby always looked like he was tripping!!  Funny watching them Jam with Paul Schaffier, but you could tell Paul was one happy MF!!!

Just curious if anyone has any tunes they never really cared for.  GD was a evolution, and it took some growing on some songs.   Most of melted into intimate moments, and now, I can not understand how I could not see the beauty and poetry of each word----but still to this day, and I admit, I have not listned to it in entirety for nearly 2 decades!!---Picasso Moon/Corina.   

Time to see if my more wise mind can see what my youthful ears missed!!!!

Agreed. the same posts/questions will come and go as new faces appear on the forums. as an answer to your question.. dead songs float on an ever moving continuum. sometimes some songs mean more to me at certain times in my life, then everything changes and so do my favorite songs in the moment. the only constants are love and change.

• Advisory Board

I have no problem voicing my opinion.. There are quite a few tunes that just don't do it for me....

Esau

Johnny B. Shitty

Must of Been the Roses

Picasso

Shoe Fits

Tom Thumb

Long Way

Samba

I have a few more, but just am brain-farting since I left alot of brain cells in Jamaica :)

• Forum MVP

I have no problem voicing my opinion.. There are quite a few tunes that just don't do it for me....

Esau

Johnny B. Shitty

Must of Been the Roses

Picasso

Shoe Fits

Tom Thumb

Long Way

Samba

I have a few more, but just am brain-farting since I left alot of brain cells in Jamaica :)

I have asked this in another thread HG, even tried to send you a message, but to no avail.   Please share what about Roses you do not like?  Not a challenge just a curioustity!!  IF not you, someone else who shares your feelings!!

Thanks, and glad you left some of your cellular activity in Jamaica!!!   

• Forum MVP

Tom Thumbs=   Smiles----oh my-====  I do not like Dylan, but I love Phil.   Someone said Box  as well.  WHAAAAA......   I really find it amazing at what others like and others do not!!  

It took a lot of songs to grown on me.  I am a story man,,  a fan of JCash, and many other story telling singers!!!     Words will sometimes make the music and vice versa!!

Just glad I am not the only one with songs disliked, but some of you all beat me in the numbers!!!!

• Forum MVP

The around and around closer followed by Saturday Night, Johnny B. Goode, or US Blues encores can lose my interest.  Don't get me wrong; I may even keep dancing, but reflection on the rest of the night may begin.  My spaceship may start to land and I may not find myself completely lost in the music forgetting space and time.  I begin to think about leaving, gathering my belongings, and of course, if lucky, assembling a crew.  I find it fitting to end the show in this matter anyway, as it is now time to go and these songs are danceable and fun, but for me, not nearly the same emotional or mental connection.  I think the GD did this on many a night on purpose.  These songs, for the most part, represent solid high energy rockers to rouse the spirits of those attendance before leaving neverland and returning to the dangers that represent the real world.  It would be tough to go bear those dangers if they just stopped the show after the Stella Blue or the China Doll, at least in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advisory Board

Well to me Roses just doesn't do it for me... I wouldn't say I hate it, I just would rather they play something else.. probably the ONLY Jerry tune I can do without..

Do It In The Road I think is awesome! I love the way RB sings that tune!!

I sometimes don't like Mexicali, but in Jamaica, Eaton played a Mexicali that just BLEW ME AWAY!! L-O-V-E-D it!

• Forum MVP

funny but , certain songs that were not enjoyed at some shows were enjoyed at others ... the mind set that evening probably had something to do with that ... even some of  the Bobby songs that I like to poke fun at were more times than not , a total blast !!! I really did have a hard time with, " Samba In The Rain ", poor Vince , that song was the worst ...

Archived