Another Accoustic Show

bs69

• Forum MVP

I had been begging for an accoustic set when i heard about the bloomington show. Was able to swing it and was super glad i did. Highlights for me were R&C MOTM(super rare) cocaine blues the thrill is gone along with a ton of tunes from "reckoning". I highly recommend checking it out

I had been begging for an accoustic set when i heard about the bloomington show. Was able to swing it and was super glad i did. Highlights for me were R&C MOTM(super rare) cocaine blues the thrill is gone along with a ton of tunes from "reckoning". I highly recommend checking it out

http://archive.org/details/DSO2013-02-06

Listened at work, and I didn't even get a pop in from the Boss Man telling me to turn it down! :lol:  Thanks for the nudge Dead duck!

BTW, the stream is missing a few tunes (Run Mary, Deep Elem, Big Iron and Goodnight Irene-at least via windows media). The Thrill is Gone is outstanding! Not sure I heard them do that before (perhaps Rob + Jeff on LI last? winter?). Thanks to gbdguitar for the upload.

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

The Hamilton seems to be a nice upcoming acoustic event.  Just bought tickets, and booked room last night.  $45 a pop of tickets.

Was going solo, but after a lil talk with the wife, this will be her first visit to this world of music.  An acoustic show, she will enjoy that.  How could anyone not.  The songs are fun, intense, but intimate.  

This will be my first hearing anything live acoustic GD, so I too am very excited!!   Not sure if the place is built for dancing, but maybe I can go near a dark exit:}!!!!!

The Hamilton seems to be a nice upcoming acoustic event.  Just bought tickets, and booked room last night.  $45 a pop of tickets.

Was going solo, but after a lil talk with the wife, this will be her first visit to this world of music.  An acoustic show, she will enjoy that.  How could anyone not.  The songs are fun, intense, but intimate.  

This will be my first hearing anything live acoustic GD, so I too am very excited!!   Not sure if the place is built for dancing, but maybe I can go near a dark exit:}!!!!!

The Hamilton is a pretty cool place. It's fairly new, or at least renovated. I thought the sound in the place was really great. The only thing I was upset about was no ticket stubs. They had some electronic ticketing system done through ipads. I'll probably give them a call to voice my opinion on this. Staff was really nice. I was there for John K. last summer. Hopefully the ritzy DC crowd will not be too chatty that night.

I move to DC in the beginning on July and work only 2-3 blocks from the venue, so I will most certainly be attending. I'll see you there!

• Forum MVP

Im excited for you guys, and a little jealous. At the bloomington show the crowd was timid at first then the band reminded eveyone that it was "still grateful dead music". At which point all those wanting dying to boogie made their way to the front and it was buisness as usual the rest of this incredible night! Enjoy it. I know you will

Archived