DSO High School

HelpSlip

• Forum MVP

Unfortunately I think I will be sitting this one out. It does look super intimate. I like that Jamaica has become the bar.

I think they offer two completely different experiences. This seems to be much more learning and knowledge building based. Plus a promotion of more active nature activities.

• Forum MVP

definitely 2 very different experiences..but I think this fits in to the premise of DSO just as much as Jam In the Sand does.. both unique, both intimate.. this one is getting deep in to the music..DSO sharing its knowledge to its fans in a setting like this is just impressive! and shows at night ,wow...DSO High School will be very special for those who attend ..if i still lived upstate i'd be there without question..

currently listening to 2.24.07 lincoln theater raleigh nc (top5 for me) after the cassidy, guy in audience screams 'YOU GUYS ARE TOO GOOD!'

damn he's so right!!

We are just a couple hours away and are hoping to definitely make this our other destination besides jubilee this summer...seems like a very special time and i feel too close to just miss it....thrilled at this idea but have seen much backlash on Facebook...silly. Also, sites to go with it...yipee how could it get better..Ii am very curious as to how the shows will be set up

Yeah, we had to do this one.  Only 70 miles from us, love camping and nature and of course DSO.  Plus financially cheaper than going to Colorado or NC which would have been our other choices for multiple shows in a row.  And definitely don't want to (can't) wait till fall tour.  Other shows this summer become too hard to do with work schedule.  Not sure how much I like the "highschool" name, more of a retreat

• Forum MVP

I think this is a wonderful idea! In addition to plenty of great DSO music in a very intimate setting, there is so much to learn from these music veterans--both the musicians and their wonderful crew!! And the Full Moon is really beautiful--I have had the pleasure of being up there many times in the past with the Zen Tricksters.

• Forum MVP

This may fit the premise of DSO even more so than Jamaica does.  DSO, to me, have a reverent approach to the GD and it's history.  Rob Eaton may be the most knowledgable man I've ever met when it comes to the GD.  I would argue that he may have more retained knowledge than some of the band members themselves.  This is based on the premise that they spend more time forgetting than remembering.  Jamaica was about the party and the music.  This will undoubtedly be about the music, the history, and nature.  The 2nd, to me, seems more applicable to the DSO approach where Jamaica may, in a sense, be more GD, an escape.  I definitely think an interesting discussion exists here and may be found in the thread what the GD means to you.  

I am certainly not ruling it out.  Jen will not be able to make it.  Its not even on the radar, to much work missed.  Thus, I would need a roommate.  PM, if considering, but in need of a roommate.  Let's be clear.  I am very much on the fence and this may sell out before I pull the trigger.  

• Forum MVP

OMG that looks like so much fun!!!!  Definitely not a drink from morning til night event like a Jamaica, but a cool hands on experience!!! 

Come on Lotto ticket!!!!!

Am planning on buying our tickets later today or tomorrow morning...just curious as to who is planning on attending or has already bought tickets...we are going to tent camp and were just looking for opinions as to what others are doing. So excited for this event and nightly shows!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a Facebook group for people who are attending. It is unofficial and is made by attendees for attendees, so we can get to know each other beforehand and network a little bit, sharing lessons, audio, video, stories, etc. We can learn plenty from the boys, but also a lot from each other. Please feel free to join us! :-D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dsoschoolattendees/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I just want to say how insanely jealous I am of every person that is going to DSO High this summer.  If there is ONE THING I want to do this summer, it is this.  However, I am in debt all over the place and just can't swing the pricetag.  

Plus, unlike DSO High, White Dakini Drup Chen that I am going to here in CO instead (dharma retreat) has a program to VOLUNTEER to pay the grand..... where are the DSO High scholarships and work study programs? seems that a lot of ppl that play music don't really make big bucks yet work REALLY HARD and really care...... I can think of a couple of boys that DSO should totally pay to go instead of the other way around...

after all, for DSO to play forever, the torch will have to be passed on down... 

• 2 weeks later...

can i get a little help on the schedule? it says 3 shows over 4 nites but shows them there M-F, + woodstock on Thurs?  What I really need to know is can you goto just Woodstock show then Fri night Big River show - with Saratoga in between ofcourse!?

Archived