TXR 8/28-8/31

Dancin' Fool

• Forum MVP

Awesome show last night!! What a treat. Jeff on acoustic guitar, Rob on electric bass....in the bar, so there was about 6 people dancing, dodging waiters and patrons. Such is a terrapin bar show. Can't provide a setlist, too many obscure numbers....they opened with a dylan tune, 'where are you tonight, sweet marie'....barraco sang 'moonbeam'(??), which is a really beautiful song. They played my favorite song, a masterpiece by Irving Berlin, 'Russian Lullaby'(thank you!!!). It was glorious, wonderful solos taken by both players(2 jeff, 1 rob, 1 jeff)....lets see what else? some song I didn't know and then a long jam then landed gracefully into 'mountains of the moon'...I think mountains went into the other one, sung by barraco. Last night is a bit blurry, it was a long day waking up at 7 am EST....at various points in the night the went into amazing 'dark star'-esque jams, just guitar and bass weaving in and out, up and down. Strawberry fields...hopefully they post a setlist.

Can't wait for tonight, power trio!!!

• Forum MVP

I had to go to bed but I guess that the 2nd set was not webcast? Anyway here is the set list (pretty sure) for the first set:

Walking the Dog, A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall, Sleepwalking*, Dig a Pony^, Mansion on the Hill,Shine Your Light*, Dark Star>

The Eleven> Folsom Prison Blues

* w/Jason Crosby on fiddle/keys   ^ w/Rob Friedman on harmony vocal

• Forum MVP

The Eleven> Folsom Prison Blues

About as cool as it can get! Seems like I saw that in some set list some other time and would love to see it some fine day. Somehow, some where...

Hahaha Chuck!  :rofl:   I was in the middle of composing a post that looked eerily like what you just offered up.  Since I'd hate to be redundant I'll go in a different direction: 

The Eleven > Folosom Blues?  I want to make sweet love with those 2 songs together.  Sweet..sweet..LOVE!

• Forum MVP

I made it for the 1st set and the start of the 2nd (Ring of Fire then a Rob B original).

Rob B has some serious chops on the bass, and the tone was wonderful.  Jeff was letting it loose song after song.  Not knowing his originals it was hard to really get inside them, although each one had a unique and satisfying jam.  Mansion on the Hill was especially knarly, and Dark Star (1st verse only) had two really-out-there jams.  Rob K was the glue holding everything together.  Oh, and Rob B did a really great version of Dig A Pony.

Long live the power trio!

• Forum MVP

I had to go to bed but I guess that the 2nd set was not webcast? Anyway here is the set list (pretty sure) for the first set:

Walking the Dog, A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall, Sleepwalking*, Dig a Pony^, Mansion on the Hill,Shine Your Light*, Dark Star>

The Eleven> Folsom Prison Blues

* w/Jason Crosby on fiddle/keys   ^ w/Rob Friedman on harmony vocal

That's a start...hard to review without a setlist....

Last night's show was something else- really, it was unlike any show I've ever been to. Real edgy, full of jams that I'm sure pushed some people's comfort level. I just love this shit...high energy, fluid, and psychedelic. Barraco on bass= one long bass solo intertwining with Jeffrey's musical musings, Koritz tying the madness together. Crosby was a excellent addition on keys and fiddle whenever he sat in.

Let's see, what the heck did they play second set? The zen tricksters tune "warm heart" was for sure one of the highlights of the night...what a cool song. This tune jammed into a song sung by Barraco( not sure of name)...at some point during the jam Reed Mathis came on stage and took over bass and Rob jumped to keys. Sick jams. Tough Mama closed the night....I can't remember anything else right now. I had an amazing time, I love this lineup and what they did with the music. I sure do hope to and expect to see this type of show again- next level shit, in my opinion.

First set highlights were Dig a Pony, Mansion, Shine your light, and the darkstar suite.

• Forum MVP

Star Child, I so agree that it is a thing of awesome beauty to see these musicians go out on a limb and just go for it into new territories. That is my favorite thing and much of what I believe to have been the GD's philosophy. I am so anxious to see or hear a webcast of the second set from Thursday, but in the meantime, I think this is the second set from Thursday, but I don't know who sat in on what. These are the siongs anyway:

SET 2

Ring of Fire, Another Small Thing in Her Favour, One Dog Blues, Warm Heart> Jam> Locomotive Breath> Going Going Gone, Hard to Handle, The Fat Angel> Mr. Soul

ENCORE:

Tough Mama

Archived