NFL Knockout pool part 2

bs69

• Forum MVP

This looks like a really tough week to pick.  Because of how crazy the NFL has been, there are virtually no gimmes on the weekend slate and I think we might see more home teams go down than we have in a long time. 

It hurts me to do it because the Panthers are rollin and Charlotte is going to peaking on Monday nite.....but......I'm gonna take the Pats.  I figure it this way:  If Carolina loses, I stay alive in the pool (possibly win it).  If they win, I'm totally psyched for the Panthers and could still be alive in the pool if TomW whiffs on his pick.  That's my story - and I'm stickin with it.

Wk 8: Niners

Wk 9: Seahawks

Wk 10: Saints

Wk 11: Pats (Go Panthers!) :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Looks like TomW did not make it in for a pick. I am going to rule for a continuation of 1 week, since Tea's team lost. If the Patriots would have won, Tea would have been the winner. If TomW does not pick again next week, Tea will be declared the winner no matter what his team does. If anyone knows Tom, try to get in touch and tell him to come and pick. Hopefully this seems a fair decision given the circumstances. Thanks and good luck, Brad

• Forum MVP

Here is the slate for week 12:

Saints @ Falcons

Jets @ Ravens

Steelers @ Browns

Buccaneers @ Lions

Vikings @ Packers

Jaguars @ Texans

Chargers @ Chiefs

Panthers @ Dolphins

Bears @ Rams

Colts @ Cardinals

Titans @ Raiders

Cowboys @ Giants

Broncos @ Patriots

49er's @ Redskins

Good luck!

• Forum MVP

Looks like TomW did not make it in for a pick. I am going to rule for a continuation of 1 week, since Tea's team lost. If the Patriots would have won, Tea would have been the winner. If TomW does not pick again next week, Tea will be declared the winner no matter what his team does. If anyone knows Tom, try to get in touch and tell him to come and pick. Hopefully this seems a fair decision given the circumstances. Thanks and good luck, Brad

That does seem fair, given that the Pats lost.

Great game BTW!

• Forum MVP

I didn't want to win on a technicality or a forefit -but- TomW did not have to take the risk of making a pick.  Anyway....

Wk 11: Pats

Wk 12: Panthers

Could be a trap game for the Panthers after an emotional win against the Pats.  I still think the Panthers have more than enough to stifle the Vikes - especially at home.

• Forum MVP

I messed up typing the games. The Panthers play at Miami and the Vikings are at the Packers. Sorry for the confusion. You can also still use the Pats whenever you wish, although this week may not be a good time.

• Forum MVP

I didn't want to win on a technicality or a forefit -but- TomW did not have to take the risk of making a pick.  Anyway....

Wk 11: Pats

Wk 12: Lions

Could be a trap game for the Panthers after an emotional win against the Pats.  I still think the Panthers have more than enough to stifle the Vikes - especially at home.

Well then - I should have known somethin was fishy since the Panthers already played the Vikes earlier this year.  I'm not feelin the Panthers on the road after 2 emotional victories and a Dolphin coach who's fighting to keep his job.

I'll go with my Jeckyl/Hyde LIONS!  They are good at home and I think they got a little somthin for the Bucs.

• Forum MVP

The Bucs had something for the Lions - Doh! Nobody wants to take control of their division except maybe Denver.....

I suspect TomW didn't pick so I backed into this? I won on a loss? Geez.....

I'm so sorry.  After catching DSO in Jamestown in Ny two weeks ago I worked 11 straight days, 8 of which were 12 hour days , and I'm sure this wasn't the only thing I spaced on.  Better go check the credit card balance.  I would have ruled Tea the winner on Tuesday after my scatter brained ass didn't show up.  

Archived