NFL Knockout pool part 2

bs69

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Wow - A Seahawks loss would have culled quite a few.  They may be 8-1 but their palyoff run is gonna be awfully short playing like they have been.  For the pool > Survive and advance.

• Forum MVP

That was close for all of us taking the Seahawks in a "sure" thing. Here is this week:

Redskins @ Vikings

Seahawks @ Falcons

Bengals @ Ravens

Lions @ Bears

Eagles @ Packers

Rams @ Colts

Raiders @ Giants

Bills @ Steelers

Jaguars @ Titans

Panthers @ 49er's

Texans @ Cardinals

Broncos @ Chargers

Cowboys @ Saints

Dolphins @ Buccaneers

I will take the Titans

49er's

Seahawks

Titans

• Forum MVP

Wk 8:   Niners

Wk 9:   Seahawks

Wk 10: Saints  

I'm aware they were just beaten by the Jets.  I'm employing rudedogggg's Cowboy pick-'em system.  Plus the Saints are in the dome and are gonna be more than a little ticked about playing like hot garbage.  Not to mention Rob Ryan was fired last year as Dallas's defensive coordinator.  He'll have a little somethin.  Have I talked myself into this enough?

• Forum MVP

8. Seahawks

9. Saints

I'll gladly be proven wrong to see the jets make a huge bounce back

Glad you did not pick my Bengals against them the week before, things may have gone differently.

• Forum MVP

Wk 8: Niners

Wk 9: Seahawks

Wk 10: Saints

I'm aware they were just beaten by the Jets. I'm employing rudedogggg's Cowboy pick-'em system. Plus the Saints are in the dome and are gonna be more than a little ticked about playing like hot garbage. Not to mention Rob Ryan was fired last year as Dallas's defensive coordinator. He'll have a little somethin. Have I talked myself into this enough?

Without a doubt the cowboys will be up late until romo throws an Int and the saints will kick a FG to win with 10 secs left.

• Forum MVP

Wow! Seems so easy on paper, but it never is. Colts, Titans and 49er's all go down. Here is next week:

Colts @ Titans

Jets @ Bills

Ravens @ Bears

Browns @ Bengals

Raiders @ Texans

Cardinals @ Jaguars

Redskins @ Eagles

Lions @ Steelers

Falcons @ Buccaneers

Chargers @ Dolphins

49er's @ Saints

Packers @ Giants

Vikings @ Seahawks

Chiefs @ Broncos

Patriots @ Panthers

• Forum MVP

Unfreaking believable the 49ers lose to the Panthers. Even though I drafted Newton in my fantasy league, I am shocked that a passing team like the niners can only put up 91 yards total instead of per quarter.

Good luck to the remaining players.

• Forum MVP

Unfreaking believable the 49ers lose to the Panthers. Even though I drafted Newton in my fantasy league, I am shocked that a passing team like the niners can only put up 91 yards total instead of per quarter.

Good luck to the remaining players.

No doubt.  Even though the Panthers and the Lions are my teams, I would have taken the Niners to beat Carolina but I already had used the Niners once so I had to settle on another pick.  I'm not a Dallas-hater (ok just a little bit), but despite all the oddball games on Sunday, I just knew the Saints would hammer the Cowboys.  A broken clock is right 2x a day, right?

Good luck TomW!  I'll have my pick in the next few days - it's a tough slate for sho!

• Forum MVP

I lived in Dallas for 10 years, to include the 3-peat seasons. It was hard to avoid the "America's Team" mechinations. The Debbie Does Dallas approach to publicity was hard to ignore too. So, a certain amount of nostalgic yearning still lingers, and watching them choke season after season, blowing games that should be in the bag and then showing flashes of the grandeur of decades gone by, gets old. Still, hope lingers. But North Dallas Forty it ain't.

• Forum MVP

I lived in Dallas for 10 years, to include the 3-peat seasons. It was hard to avoid the "America's Team" mechinations. The Debbie Does Dallas approach to publicity was hard to ignore too. So, a certain amount of nostalgic yearning still lingers, and watching them choke season after season, blowing games that should be in the bag and then showing flashes of the grandeur of decades gone, by gets old. Still, hope lingers. But North Dallas Forty it ain't.

In this age of "must update annually, no matter what", it is refreshing in a way to see that the Cowgirls' outfits have remained unchanged for 10 years........ah, nostalgia......

Archived