Songs that make a grown man cry!

GoingBackTo Where....

• Forum MVP

A helpless day finding hope in the music that has been my only constant.   One would think that with all of our experiences in life, and the people we touched and have been touched by, that there would be a constant of life's love!!!

Not for me, people come and go, families split, and those we love the most move on-----The most precious of life, not always available to hug, or to share these feelings with:{

When it gets like this, I go to my fix!!   And it makes me cry like a baby.

I  always cry during a brokedown, so many roads brings the shivers from my feet to my eye sockets.  The reminder of forever young today clinched me with the warmest and biggest hug of my life.   Has me crying in a place not normally reserved for that.    So what,   if you all only knew what my ears are hearing and my heart screaming.  

I shed tears for very few things, I prefer the "Shane" presentation,  but I think even "Shane" would cry to Jerry, and the legacy he and The Boys left behind.  

Life would be easier if it was much more cold, but its a warm place mixed in with the sadness of loss.   Forever Young.......God Bless you Jerry, I heard these words from your lips before I even had the capacity to understand the music behind the words!!!    I feel guilt for that.....much like loving a person before  you even know why you love them, and when they are gone you finally get it----u know, I now know, and  understand why it was so fucking special. 

My immaturity saddens me, cause I got to hear some of the most brilliant presentations, and I did not even truly understand what I was embracing, and, now after the fact, I hear this music and I feel like I lost part of my own soul.  

From the get go......I have fell in love with DSO.   They bring the magic back, and help me feel like I am still part of the greatness that once was!!!  They do channel the love and grace that can not be matched.   Who can present a life of emotions in a 3-30 min song?    Obviously depends on the song, but my god, I have seen death, played through brain matter and skull to find some personal memories, held the hand of a dying man that saved this country more than even our government secrets can share, and am watching the slow decline of the one person we have and should love maternally.   Words are broad, but the point I am trying to make shines through.,

I cry to GD/DSO but I deal with the other.    GD is timeless, and DSO carries that message and feeling better than anyone else.   I gave three songs that make me cry, more exist, but these are my top three that make my life bigger than the moment.  It transcends and permeates into every level of my existence.   Why------cause last decade I cried to the same songs with different meanings, today, I cry to the same songs with different thoughts cause time changes us, but the music is constant!!!!!

Thanks GD for being my only constant in life!!!!!  Thanks DSO for continuing the constant in life:}!!!  your efforts at times exceed the original, while others, they remind us there was once a group that made us feel weather we wanted it or not!!!!     

A long strange trip means so much more than the first 12 hours:}

No one to share these words with in person, so if your wondering why I write them here.....its because I hope someone understands:}!!!!   I am sure someone does:}!!!!!!

Thanks Jerry, thanks GD, and thank you DSO!!!!!!

Warm wishes to all, and a big thanks to  DSO!!!!

Sorry....this stuff gets me emotional.....does it not you?

I shall be released:}!!!!   And will be a celebration!!  Again, thank you Jerry, thanks for giving up your life to both complicate, and simplify mine own!!!!     Your music and your personality has moved millions by now..  and millions more later!!!!

• Forum MVP

wrote out a long comment.   no justice.  erased it, and am writing this!!!!

Thanks for getting it!!!!   Thanks for fucking understanding my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did I get likes from my forum "elders".......but a image of what I meant.   In its self makes me tear......  

To relate is to understand, too understand is  far and few in my world!!!

THANK THE FUCK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

• Forum MVP

The same poets as the subject of this thread (and same tune none the less) also wrote "you make a dead man cum"...Just sayin

My first DSO show (1999) when I heard Loser played...I cried like a baby...There are still moments at shows I cry

• Forum MVP

"When it seems like the night will last forever... and there's nothing left to do but count the years..when the strings of my heart start to sever...and stones fall from my eyes instead of tears"

The unintended - and horific -- off shoot of that verse is that the idiots in the crowd would hoot and hollar about the night/show "lasting forever" after the first line.  Brutally detracted from a powerful verse.

Archived