Drums>

Space>

Eyes of the world>

China doll>

Around

Black muddy river

This show was fun

• Forum MVP

A packed house at the Peak!! Seen things change there over the years for sure....

What a fun time! So wonderful to dance and reconnect with my east coast dso fam. We rocked it. Band sounded pretty good too ;)

Super strong setlist in my book with a triple thumbs up for the Eyes out of Space. Always a good a idea.

Perhaps I should have gone to Syracuse but Grateful for what I got. Next stop NYE run :D

What a fun time! So wonderful to dance and reconnect with my east coast dso fam. We rocked it. Band sounded pretty good too ;)

Hahaha

That post drums looks perfect to me. Eyes to pick everybody back up whom might have drifted off, china doll beautiful, and around and around is my favorite end the night dance tune.

Still waiting to hear a Barracco blow away, cant wait. First set looks amazing as well, Cassidy>birdsong>cassidy was probably to die for, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE reuben and cherise. It hurts me too not have been there.

Random thoughts

DSO never fails................

Second set had a Godfather theme tease before they launched

First set had another recognizable noodle before opening. Couldn't place it.

HSF are you kidding me.!!!!

I was so locked in to the Cassidy>Birdsong>Cassidy...that I heard it coming and going.....lots of chatterheads missed that one....

Promised Land > GDTRFB.....  I would love to know what my heart beats per minute were during that one

I was grooving so hard during trucking that I didn't know my wife and daughter took a spill right next to me.

Penn's Peak love DSO crowds because they are so thirsty.

I think Blow Away was nod to weather in the parking lot .....winds were whipping. ... Franklin's Tower too... You plant ice you gonna harvest wind.

Anyone else get a Happy Thanksgiving greeting from State Police about a mile from venue?

Skip-a-dee-do-dah.... excellent Unbroken Chain...and a killer solo

I've loved Hurts Me Too since I heard foghat play it......Thank you Lisa......

DrumSpace.....most entertaining......was fun to have closed circuit TV for that.

Eyes of the World.... need I say more

Encore: Steel pulse reggae joke....

Was happy to know TR was bringing the stream. Hope that word got out.

GOT OFF LIKE A BANCHEE IN SYRACUSE THE NIGHT BEFORE, BUT RALLYED DOWN TO THE PEAK THE NEXT NIGHT, SOOOO GLAD I DID, IT WAS LIKE SEEING A COMPLEATLY DIFFERENT BAND BOTH "ON" LIKE CRAZY, SYRACUSE WAS LIKE A SMALL BLUES CLUB,AND  PENNS WAS LIKE A BIG STAIDUM SHOW, FAST LOUD & GRAND, THAT HELP SLIP FRANK WAS TASTY AS WELL AS EYES, AND HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE A JACK STRAW OPENER, I PUT A VID ON YOUTUBE OF LISA'S HURTS ME TOO UP TODAY, A RARE TREAT

Anyone else get a Happy Thanksgiving greeting from State Police about a mile from venue?

Which way did you leave TS? We did not get the pleasure of said greeting, but were anticipating it. We stayed down in Jim Thorpe (what a cool, funky little town!), so we took a left out of the Peak, and another left at the end of Maury Road. Someone was yelling outside after show that they (Police) were on each side! A bit of a "fish in a barrel" scenario, as taxis are almost non-existent. We tried to arrange for a shuttle, but it was full, and the one local taxi co. indicated it was taking the car off the road due to icy conditions. More wind than anything else...

DSO delivered again! No surprise there. Was super excited for the UBC, as I've been waiting for that one. The whole show was a blast, but the weather pre-show prevented any lot fun or people meeting. Was there any shakedown scene? The drive to Jim Thorpe Wed. AM started off badly, as the power went out as we tried to leave the house. Finished packing in the dark, and had a bit of a white knuckle drive for the first 2 hours due to high wind and copious amounts of rain.

We will be traveling back to Jim Thorpe, as it seems to be an outdoors adventure mecca! Good biking, cross country skiing and whitewater rafting. Lots of cool shops tucked in to the hillside as well. And the rhododendrons growing all along the hillsides are pretty cool.

Thanks again DSO! We'll be back.

:dsorocks:

the greeting was on the way in...not leaving.  We got there early about 4:30 p.m. They had four psp cruisers blocking the road at the first stop sign (if you take a right out of the lot).

Lucky for us -- me, my wife, and our two kids ==  looked like we were going over the river and through the woods to grandma's house. Waved us right through...

• Forum MVP

It's such an eye opener to hear about what you guys have to deal with in the East. Honestly it sounds like such a different country than out here on the West Coast...where things continue to open up and feel more free year by year in many ways...

Stay safe and have a blast despite the police presence!!

Obviously the music continues to point the way toward true freedom...

• Forum MVP

I had to deal with the police about a mile down the road. I got in around 5. My friends that arrived at 530 say they saw no police. I guess its a matter of when you arrive. For sure a different place east to west. The northeast has essentially forgotten what rights are and taken away any sense of privacy people there might of had.

• Forum MVP

It's such an eye opener to hear about what you guys have to deal with in the East. Honestly it sounds like such a different country than out here on the West Coast...where things continue to open up and feel more free year by year in many ways...

Stay safe and have a blast despite the police presence!!

Obviously the music continues to point the way toward true freedom...

All that being considered, I saw the Eugene police department do something I found appalling out front last April's Eugene DSO show.  A kid was drinking out of an ice tea bottle with ice tea in it.  He was not acting obnoxious and looked extremely clean cut compared to some of the more "hippie" looking individuals that attend DSO shows in Eugene.  The police came over and demanded to know the contents of his drink.  So far as to require him to allow them to sniff it.  After you've sniffed my drink, you can have it.  If you wouldn't let me do that to you or want me to do that to you, you shouldn't do that to anyone.  This kid was of no danger to anyone and was not even in the act of getting inebriated.  The police just wanted to abuse their power and make their presence felt.  Therefore, although I agree the tactics have become more extreme on the East Coast, police out West are guilty of abusing their power and disregarding basic human rights as well. 

I went to a Phil show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley.  It was the most I have ever been manhandled at a show.  They did everything but a cavity search at the gate, had to turn my pockets out & dump everything out of my backpack (loaded with taping equipment).  Inside things got worse.  Security tried to confiscate my friends camera.  The taping section was roped off and  some guy (a taper) had one foot inside the rope and the other in the aisle, a security ass ran through the taping section to make him put both feet inside the rope.  You didn't want to stop walking down the aisle or they'd be shoving you around.  My last Phil show!!  EVER!

• Forum MVP

I went to a couple Furthur shows at the Greek in Berkeley recently. My experience was quite the opposite. So relaxed. They opened my bag and instantly saw my jar etc...I said it was medical and they laughed at me and said 'we don't care if y'all smoke, keeps you calmer'....

• Forum MVP

I went to a Phil show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. It was the most I have ever been manhandled at a show. They did everything but a cavity search at the gate, had to turn my pockets out & dump everything out of my backpack (loaded with taping equipment). Inside things got worse. Security tried to confiscate my friends camera. The taping section was roped off and some guy (a taper) had one foot inside the rope and the other in the aisle, a security ass ran through the taping section to make him put both feet inside the rope. You didn't want to stop walking down the aisle or they'd be shoving you around. My last Phil show!! EVER!

You can't blame the artist. For insurance reasons each venue has different security levels. The pageant in St. Louis had 16 security personnel for this years DSO show and that was without balcony security as it was closed. They have 3-4 in front of the stage. I guess they think dead heads want to jump on stage and steal Rob B's bandanna off his head. Yes that would be a nice souvenir, but come on.

Archived