Columbus

bs69

• Forum MVP

Not a widely circulated show. 7/4/81 is noteworthy for a few reasons but I've never heard 7-2-81. The Summitt @ Houston, TX:

One

Alabama Getaway-> Greatest Story Ever Told, Friend Of The Devil-> CC Rider, Althea, El Paso, Jack A Roe-> Looks Like Rain, Dire Wolf, Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance

Two

Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain-> Women Are Smarter, It Must Have Been The Roses, Estimated Prophet-> Eyes Of The World-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Truckin'-> Black Peter-> Around & Around-> Good Lovin',

E: U.S. Blues

What a great show.Too many highlights to go through but the lost>saint to close first was great. The fire, estimated >eyes killed. Well the 2nd set was a barn burner from beginning to end. Caught that rabbit too....thanks DSO! See you all at Jubilee

This is as close as I can consider to my hometown venue.  I've seen more shows of all types at the Newport than anywhere else, and every time, it is a rough crowd to mingle with.  Mostly college kids, they floor reaches max density in minutes and drunken spinners and twirlers often make it unbearable, and as per norm, I had to retreat to the backspace during Fire as a super-drunk stocky short guy was within inches of nailing my wife in the face with his burly flinging arms.  Anyhow, Alabama Getaway was cool to see as I'm into the early 80's shows now and they quite often open with that one.  Friend of the Devil was a nice break to the pure adrenaline opening pair of songs, and all was nice and smooth until El Paso where, sorry to say, Rob missed quite a few lines even though the crowd was trying hard to get him back into the swing of it.  No matter, Looks like Rain was perfect and Sailor into Circumstance was probably my favorite for the night.  After relocating early in the second set, I think Estimate-Eyes was a great pair, and Good Lovin' got everyone smokin' and waiting for them ole US Blues to come on.  White Rabbit for my second time in just a few days was a welcomed way to end the show.  No pat down entering this old shack.  Floors are hard concrete but I'll take them without the presence of security.  College kids need a lesson in manners but all was well.

Alabama Getaway-> Greatest Story Ever Told, Friend Of The Devil-> CC Rider, Althea, El Paso, Jack A Roe-> Looks Like Rain, Dire Wolf, Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance 
Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain-> Women Are Smarter, It Must Have Been The Roses, Estimated Prophet-> Eyes Of The World-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Truckin'-> Black Peter-> Around & Around-> Good Lovin', 
E: U.S. Blues , F:  White Rabbit

hey man, I'm someone who is not unfamilliar with alcohol abuse. But, when I go to shows I am still likely to drink significantly less than I would at a bar/party/other social occasion. 

But, I do try to spin on occasion, and I don't last long.

I just can't do it, mad respect to the people that can make it last, cause I am stumbling within like 5 spins

• Forum MVP

Practice spinning at home w no drinks. I'm not trying to insult anyone. I think its key to remember to be respectful to the other patrons of the show. If you can't spin without bumping into people, don't. Some places I don't even really dance. If the space isn't there, I may need to find another way to take the show in. Mango might also say I get distracted bored and disengaged at times. This also happens.

The LC sucks as bad as the Newport

they're hard on Tokers there too.

Columbus has been a washout for concerts since the early 80's

and the College Football Morons they hire for security are some of the biggest pricks this side of the Meadowlands

Maybe DSO could play the old Ohio Center, I don't know if they even have shows there anymore.

It's a small arena, holds around 7800. Clear all the seats off the floor and you have a huge space for dancing and still have thousands of seats surrounding the floor plus a balcony all around

• Forum MVP

I love how everybody has personal ideas where DSO should have its shows....

The relationship that DSO has with the Newport must be a pretty solid one as they continue to make the trip to the venue year after year after year....

Enjoy the show ... enjoy the ride ... even if you are going to hell in a bucket ... enjoy the ride ....

make lemonade kids .... make lemonade ...

I love how everybody has personal ideas where DSO should have its shows....

The relationship that DSO has with the Newport must be a pretty solid one as they continue to make the trip to the venue year after year after year....

Enjoy the show ... enjoy the ride ... even if you are going to hell in a bucket ... enjoy the ride ....

make lemonade kids .... make lemonade ...

and places where they might not even have shows to boot!

Archived