6/6 > Hampton Beach

Tea

• Forum MVP

7.21.90 > Tinley Park

Set One:

Touch Of Grey > Greatest Story Ever Told ; Jack-A-Roe ; Walkin' Blues ; Friend Of The Devil ; Just A Little Light ; Queen Jane Approximately ; Bird Song

Set Two:

Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; Playing In The Band > He's Gone > Drums > Space > I Need A Miracle > Crazy Fingers > Playing Jam > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Playing Reprise > One More Saturday Night

Encore: Quinn The Eskimo

Filler: Johnny B. Goode

• Forum MVP

listening to 1st on phoncert.....sounds great. Loving this Walking Blues(my fav of the Bobby blues #s). It's funny, I was just thinking yesterday that DSO doesn't do shows from 1990 very often.

I'm ready for a DSO versions of Samba, Easy Answers, and Way to go Home. I ain't scared.....are you?

• Forum MVP

It's not like DSO has to play exactly like the dead. They can do a setlist from that period. They don't have to play like they need a 1 year hiatus from the road and long term rehab.

This show brought me back, my first Dead show was a week before this one. I love how DSO will include all aspects of the original, including a somewhat snoozer of a first set. Bird Song being a brilliant savior. However I don't remember the Dead getting to DSO's levels in the second set. Wow, a great way to celebrate my 10th DSO show. Truly fantastic, thank you DSO! Also love hearing Skip's bass playing and connection with the band.

• Forum MVP

this would be a good mid 90s show to play, no unplayable songs...

8-22-93

https://archive.org/details/gd1993-08-22.akgC61.fink.litzenberger.97076.flac16

looks like they have Aaron! http://attics-of-my-life.net/public/starbase/dso_shows.php?operation=view&pk0=3756 doesnt mean they cant do it again though!

dont think DSO has done a Corinna with Jeff yet....? or Liberty..

i think we could make a pretty good thread out of which 90s shows they should consider playing..

remember when the forums used to have DSO Requests section!...gone are the days!

this could work...

06-08-92 Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, OH

1: Stranger, Loser, Rooster, So Many Roads, Tom Thumb Blues, B. T. Wind, Don't Ease

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider> Crazy Fingers> Corinna> Mind Left Body Jam> Drumz> Dark Star> Last Time> Stella Blue> Sugar Magnolia E: U. S. Blues

or...the last Welnick era show they ever did with JK (7.9.09 DeweyBeach)

06-22-92 Star Lake Amphitheatre, Burgettstown, PA

1: Jack Straw, Loser, Walking Blues, Roses, Queen Jane, Ramble On, BIODTL, Deal

2: Scarlet> Fire, Victim> Dark Star> Drumz> Spanish Jam> Other One> Stella Blue> GDTRFB> Around E: Heaven's Door

On 6/6/14 Hampton Beach NH

Best ever for me was their Fire On The Mountain, thou it was from (7/21/90 Chicago) it was played VERY reminiscent of 5/8/77 Cornell ...  UGH smile smile smile

OMG x 2

killer set two - Jeff was the Fire On The Mountain - not to be forgotten !

Band Soo Onnnnnnn

Thank You - for a real good time

(I can't be alone on this set two ?) anyone else that was there have a comment ?

• Forum MVP

Heres one - prolly the last really good GD show I saw:

https://archive.org/details/gd93-05-27.sbd.georges.1932.sbeok.shnf

Shakedown Street, The Same Thing, Dire Wolf, Beat It On Down The Line, High Time, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Cumberland Blues, Promised Land

Picasso Moon, Fire On The Mountain, Wave To The Wind-> Cassidy-> Uncle John's Band-> Cassidy-> Drums-> Jam-> The Other One-> Wharf Rat-> Sugar Magnolia, E: Gloria

This has been commercially released as "Road Trips Vol2. #4"

Fun to see Skip do Wave to the Wind?

Maybe

Wife and I may actually get to go to next year's Jubilee being that we will be "empty-nesters."  Until then, Hampton Beach has been our "Jubilee".   Two night runs at H.B. are quadruple the fun....throw in a weekend of sunshine and larger than normal waves (especially all day Friday), many friends from Vermont and Keene, and  waalaa - bliss!    Even so with the good ole NH ocean temps at 52 degrees.

What a pair of enormous shows.  Intense and serious Friday night.  Joyous, fun, and mischief Saturday.

Cosmic.... I kept on "lushing" over that fire jam. Scarket/Fire was 28+ minutes long according to the download.   With our daughter (only child) leaving the nest for college in the New York City area at the end of August, a 15 minute Birdsong was what I was praying for beforehand.  Actually I was just praying for the Birdsong.  The 15 minute version ***TO END THE 1st SET*** was a spectacular bonus!   I got to bask in the bliss of that Birdsong for the entire set break.   Yet 3 more weekend sets were still to come.

I can lush over every song of both nights, but I simply don't have the energy to write so much. Just mention that every song seemed to have extra long jams, nothing rushed - Brown Eyed Women jam - night 2 - comes to mind.  As usual, thanks to band and crew who make life much more fun.  

I know Rob E doesn't come around these parts anymore, but if you lurk,...My friend Em from Dorset was very psyched just to make a Dorset connection for a moment with you.  She also chats with your cous' now and then. 

Memories as they arise in me (both nights):

Touch - the wooden floor buckled from the weight of dancers from the very first song.  Usually the buckling floor at Hampton takes some time, but not this weekend.

Music -  jam, jam, jam....Lisa, Lisa, Lisa!

Passenger - The mercury from the energy meter exploded the glass casing.

Who was John/Hell in Bucket - talk about Yin and Yang

Hey Jude and The 11 - biggest surprises (for me at least).    I had on my wish list Fantasy -> Jude reprise.   I got both songs in their entirety separated by 24 hours of sheer beach fun!

Jack-A-Roe ; Walkin' Blues ; Friend Of The Devil ; Just A Little Light ;  --- Yikes, and again LOTs of jamming.  Even the jam in Jack-A-Roe seemed longer than usual jam.    or maybe it was the foliage?  Great weekend and full of gratitude.

Edit:

Deal - I'm surprised the venue did not blast off its foundation 

wow that's a killer first set and pretty danm good show

archive here I come

gotta love a band that can make something like this  !

man I cant wait to see these guys again !

come here uncle johns band

• Forum MVP

wow that's a killer first set and pretty danm good show

archive here I come

gotta love a band that can make something like this !

man I cant wait to see these guys again !

come here uncle johns band

Soundboards are for sale at livedownloads.com/DSO

Archived