Statebridge

Tea

• Forum MVP

Original Setlist

Set One: Cold Rain And Snow > Jack Straw > Run For The Roses ; It Hurts Me Too ; Lazy Lightning > Supplication ; Tough Mama ; Keep On Growing ; To Lay Me Down ; *Big Iron ; Cats Under The Stars

Set Two: Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower ; Lost Sailor > Saint Of Circumstance > drums > space > Unboken Chain > Uncle John's Band > China Doll > Music Never Stopped

Encore: Mission In The Rain

Notes: *Jake Wolf on drums for Big Iron

Sold Out

This place is nothing like I remember it...burned down a few years back and rebuilt without wooden floor, sandy rock floors uneven, not many good dancing spots. Statebridge employees very nice but very unorganized...couldn't park at venue and was forced to take a bus to show. The rides were unorganized and scary...never have I seen so many people in one bus....totally illegal....they clearly needed several buses for the turnout of fans but settled for one..again, DSO has outgrown this place.. show was good, especially second set!!

• Forum MVP

Show was quite good but that venue is s shit show. Daytime shows there are much better. Smaller more respectful crowd. The other night's crowd was so wasted. Big letdown of a night.

Not very impressed with Colorado this time around...so many drinkers, no respect. Dillon was great, thankfully, and was the saving grace of the weekend.

Don't know if I'll be coming back for this run again...

• Forum MVP

The best dance parties I've seen lately were at the capitol theater and surprisingly Rams Head on a Sunday night. They can't all be home runs. I would say the space was great for Denver and what I watched in Dillon looked like a flowing dance. State bridge is a shit show party. Better dancing space and ground in the back but sound suffers. Not my favorite place. I hope Chesterfield my next show is a home run.

• Forum MVP

It will be a great home run MC!!! Chesterfield my first show!! Great venue....steep incline:( but I already know my dance spot!! It's the only flat ground in the back and two on each side. Just no railings so can't dance with eyes closed!! I sure want a Colorado show!! I am holding out for red rocks.

• Forum MVP

I heard about the parking/shuttle situation problems a few days before and decided to get up there at the ass crack of dawn as they say on the web site that parking onsite goes very fast.  We got very lucky as there was 1 space left at 10:30am and I was even able to string a power cord so we ran off of shore power no generator.  I was excited as it was my girls first full DSO show but when the sun was out during the day it was super hot, lucky it rained on and off, we did get attacked by some resident mosquitoes but we got by.  About 30 minutes prior to the show we grabbed a space on the side for our chairs and blanket for the kids, they danced for a song or two, then crashed.  Heather took them back to the RV during set break and let me go back to see the 2nd set.  I was quite distracted 1st set so I can't offer an opinion, but 2nd set, wholly good golley Mrs. Molly I so needed that.  I didn't think it could get any better after Help, Slip, Frank, Lost Sailor, Saint, into an amazing tribal drumz which transcended into a techno drumz OUTSTANDING, trippy space and then the Unbroken Chain just moved me. Side note to Skip; I have been seeing this band for nearly 15 years, I lost track around 200 shows, Brother, you just bring something special to this amazing group of musicians, you all compliment each other so very well.  I tip my hat to you, I raise my glass, shit, I'm in Colorado, I smoke my vapor pen with organic sativa oil to you, Thank you for a great evening, I really needed it.  

Peace,

Looky

• Forum MVP

While the venue is quite the sight, it is run like shit. Shuttles were horrible. I thought I might witness a bloodbath of people just getting on the damn thing. And once you're back to the campgrounds, these kids like to party...

Loved the creativity and how eclectic the setlist was. No shortage of JGB. Run for the Roses, Tough Mama, Cats, and Mission? Yes please. Lisa slayed Hurts Me Too. To Lay Me Down slayed me. Great to hear Big Iron and Keep on Growing. For a set that was all over the place, I thought it flowed particularly well.

H>S>F was ridiculous. They played with some serious tenacity. China Doll>TMNS was transcendent. Talk about being lifted up into heaven and then dancing your dick off. It was fiery. And a big big big Mission, although an odd choice, to send us off into the night was wonderful.

I was quite tired from the previous two nights so I just tried to relax and take in the show for all that it was worth but when you gotta dance, you gotta dance.

Archived