Atlanta Variety Theater Role Call!

Alabama Getaway

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

The Variety has had some monster shows in the past!  It is just so freaking packed in there (along with a growing list of venues that used to be tolerable).  If it were not going to cause such relational discord for me, I would see DSO in an open sewer.  Plus, it was kinda tough to have DSO go Wilmington > Altlanta > Black Mtn - that was a bit of a head-scratcher for those of us in the Carolinas and any already travelling vast distances to catch a good segment of this tour. 

DSO will lay it down dirty and play it back clean in the ATL tonight - wish I could go :(

Have fun AG and Torin - The circus is in town :)

• Forum MVP

I tend to just really really enjoy a DSO show anymore these days when it is outdoors ... OR ... when it is in a HUGE indoor venue like the Egyptian Murat Center in Indianapolis ..

I really want to grasp the music and the vibe.... personally just don't dig some of the venues anymore ... and thus I will not waste the time, money, energy, etc. to not have the overall experience that satisfies my soul...

I guess after many a show under my belt I have accepted that ... which in turn has made my show experiences get back to the level they were at when I was seeing the Grateful Dead ....

I have been lucky to wet my whistle at the Jubilee, Pocahontas, and Wolf Trap .....  Pittsburgh not so much - since it was indoors when they had an amazing outdoor venue at the same location and did not play it ...

to each his own - have fun ya all ..... wish I could do Black Mountain but school is starting on Monday  ....

• Forum MVP

I tend to just really really enjoy a DSO show anymore these days when it is outdoors ... OR ... when it is in a HUGE indoor venue like the Egyptian Murat Center in Indianapolis ..

I really want to grasp the music and the vibe.... personally just don't dig some of the venues anymore ... and thus I will not waste the time, money, energy, etc. to not have the overall experience that satisfies my soul...

I guess after many a show under my belt I have accepted that ... which in turn has made my show experiences get back to the level they were at when I was seeing the Grateful Dead ....

I have been lucky to wet my whistle at the Jubilee, Pocahontas, and Wolf Trap .....  Pittsburgh not so much - since it was indoors when they had an amazing outdoor venue at the same location and did not play it ...

to each his own - have fun ya all ..... wish I could do Black Mountain but school is starting on Monday  ....

Agree for the most part. Regarding Pittsburgh, it is my understanding that outdoor curfew is 11PM so as they did in Rochester (off the chart tasty) they would have start earlier...iI would vote for that!

Archived