Westbury

vbf3

One of the longest shows I have seen in awhile, first set lasted until almost two hours. Great stuff!! Fun to see Lisa come out and play harmonica on the pig pen songs, she has mastered that instrument. I very much enjoyed seeing a fat 1969 set list, only disconcerting part for me was seeing Skip in the stand in the middle with Eaton on the side a la 1969. :). I had to leave before the end, not sure if there was anything after Cosmic Charlie. Thank you DSO, come back soon......

Thelma Theater on 1969-12-11 (December 11, 1969)

Casey Jones, Cold Rain And Snow, Mama Tried, Dire Wolf, It Hurts Me Too, China Cat Sunflower > Jam > I Know You Rider, Black Peter > Me And My Uncle, Hard To Handle, Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Cumberland Blues

Morning Dew, Next Time You See Me > Sittin In Top Of The World, Beat It On Down The Line, Big Boss Man, Good Lovin' > Drums > Good Lovin', High Time, Dancing In The Streets, Easy Wind, Cryptical Envelopment > Drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Cosmic Charlie

They played this show at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair back on 12/28/10, and it was a monster of a performance then. I can only imagine that the band took it even further into the stratosphere with Skip on board. Long, intense, dark & scary at times, and blazingly jubilant during other points. So glad folks there got to experience a '69 recreation, as they are, indeed, rather infrequent.

• Forum MVP

They played this show at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair back on 12/28/10, and it was a monster of a performance then. I can only imagine that the band took it even further into the stratosphere with Skip on board. Long, intense, dark & scary at times, and blazingly jubilant during other points. So glad folks there got to experience a '69 recreation, as they are, indeed, rather infrequent.

We never played this show.  Se did 12/12/69 at The Wellmont.   We had a blast!!!

• Forum MVP

Agreed.......danced for 3 days in the rain!!!!   I am not complaining, except for the ass who put the straw grass down 2nd night at Poca!!!  Love Eatons voice, and though I tend to give Bobby shit, I love the music produced, and Eaton does it so well!!!!

Was really hoping for a show like this especially for those who gave it there all in the dancing rain, and than nearly went hypothermic getting back to the campground.   A wise man, and I will never forget said....."its not easy on this side"   No its not, by a far stretch......

Love you DSO.......just want to hear your talents!!!!     Wolf Trap was great, but it must of been the shortest set of all of GD.  Your filler kicked ass, and your drums was very fun to dance too.  I got others dancing to the beat!!!

Please no one think this is a negative, just a hope that when I see again, I get some of the above!!!    Really would of gave up all three nights for the setlist played last night!!!!    

I am just a follower though, so my words mean little, but my heart is as big for this stuff as anyone and everyone else's!!!  

Lost a lot of precious things to come to your shows!!!   Your that good, and I crave it that much, hope you give us rarities more often, cause you all know how to play them....oh so fucking well!!!!

Thanks DSO, Thanks for giving it back

We never played this show.  Se did 12/12/69 at The Wellmont.   We had a blast!!!

Thanks for the input, Rob! I was sure this show had been played at the Wellmont, and looked it up on this website's setlists just to make sure my memory was not playing tricks on me, and sure enough it shows that it was 12/11, not 12/12. Either way, I bet both the band (like you said) and crowd were smiling their collective faces off last night :D.

• Forum MVP

I was at the Wellmont show and last night and can definitely confirm they played the same show. MC, I met you that night. Look where we are now. Anyways, if you're gonna do a show twice, this is the one to do! Fucking smoked it. Better than first time. Through and through, one of the best shows I've seen in quite some time. Big dancing in the back. Dark star Stephen eleven Cumberland killed it. Really great flow to both sets. Big dew to open the second set. DITS had a really good jam in it. Monster other one, almost cataclysmic. Words can't do this show justice. Sneaky hometown show on a Tuesday night brings out the best in the band. On to copaigue!

did L.I. get this whopper of a show because of the complaint that was rendered about the last The Space show?   This tours' Westbury show was indeed no "small town, boon docks" type (as quoted by the reviewer). 

This tours' Westbury show seemed to be the consumate grease on the squeaky wheel.  :)

Oh, Im just Jealous.  :unsure:

Heck, even Nugs.net has the incorrect date for this show! They list it as 12/11/70, but the Dead did not even play a show on that date!

Whomever is reponsible for this egregious error, please change it to reflect the correct date of 12/11/69. Thank you. That is all :P

• Forum MVP

The 69 is out for the tour but I've still got my money on an iso elective, early style.

I've seen multiple duplicates over the years. Most notably was at this same venue, repeating a Europe 72 show they had played in Brooklyn a year earlier. Found was at both as well.

The 69 is out for the tour but I've still got my money on an iso elective, early style.

I've seen multiple duplicates over the years. Most notably was at this same venue, repeating a Europe 72 show they had played in Brooklyn a year earlier. Found was at both as well.

Archived