Northampton, MA

Tea

• Forum MVP

I have pieces of this list and what I have makes me want to cry for not seeing this one. HUGE Original - at least as my tastes go :)

I'll let somebody who went post the whole thing. That 2nd set is about as good as it gets.

Let The Good Times Roll

Mississippi Half-Step

Black Throated Wind

Dire Wolf

Easy To Love You

Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

Who Was John (EPIC!)

Keep On Growing

Sitting on Top of The World

Feel Like a Stranger

St. Stephen

Lost Sailor

Saint of Circumstance

Don't Let Go

Drums

Space

Dear Mr. Fantasy

The Other One (first verse)

Visions of Johanna

The Other One (second verse)

Viola Lee Blues

Encore: Forever Young

Whole show was fantastic, but the "Who Was John" took the cake for me. It was heavy, really heavy. Good crowd at a awesome venue made for a great night.

What documents do I need to sign to change my preference from recreations to originals? Remember that poll?

As timos25 already said, the Who Was John was epic! better than Hampton Beach early last summer. Seriously, seriously, seriously, I look at last nights set list and say there were way too many "epic" moments for me to list. I danced every second of the show.

If we are blessed by getting this one on Nugs, we will wear this one out for a long time to come.

Venue, crowd, and and the town of Noho itself are Forever Young and we are forever grateful. Oh, and thanks to band and crew, too. Have a great REST after tonight's Lowell show. I won't be there tonight. I'm on Long Island now visiting my freshman daughter at Hofstra.

Frank

Definitely a top 5 for me, you can't beat Who was John, Keep on Growin, Sittin on Top and a Visions sandwich with Viola lee dessert was perfect. Cotter did so great with the sound, we were able to dance in the back where we had nice space with some nice locals and have never experienced a show at Northampton so loud and clear.

Longtime (since '69) deadhead, first dso show in Northampton. Unbelievably awesome.

Waiting impatiently for nugs to upload the show. Can't get Who Was John out of my head--unbelievable - there is nothing close to that rendition anywhere-fucking amazing. So was Viola Lee, never a favorite when the dead did it, but they totally nailed it.

How long must we wait???

So great to still be part of the tribe--may our numbers increase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The venue is one of my favorites. It's an old school theater with fantastic sound. And for the most part it attracts a great crowd, even with seats one can find some dancing space. Seems like the band really likes playing here too, always on the fall/early winter northeast tour.

Although this year security felt they needed to give every single concertgoer a thorough pat down. Personally could care less about this fact other than it created a huge traffic jam and took a while to get into the venue. They didn't bother anyone once the show started though.

Archived