Ship of Fools

Lazy Lightning> Supplication

FOTD

Let it Grow> Drums> Let it Grow>

Wharf Rat>

Around

filler Golden Road

• Forum MVP

My phones pedometer says I did just under 40,000 steps this day. Minus a few trips from the car to the campsite, I guess that would constitute a dance party.

Hard to nail down a highlight from this one, but the franklins and let it grow are particularly memorable for my calf muscles. What a great time with some really great star heads.

• Forum MVP

Such a fun show. Great year to recreate. And that HSF, dancin, Samson to start set 2 drenched me. I looked at tea and was like ballad us please after dancin and we get a Samson. The ship of fools saved my life. All smiles the whole time. What a wonderful time.

• Forum MVP

My lady was impressed with my moves during lazy lightning supplication. She never admits she was impressed to try to keep my overblown ego in check. She knows i need help staying grounded. I must've really found a groove.

• Forum MVP

I've realized I can no longer pace myself at shows. The more space I have, the harder I dance. My legs are so stiff I could barely walk today but my lungs love me for the cardio workout!!! Plus being around all these other crazy hard dancers, I feel like I have to keep the pace. Was joking to chuck about dancing like this at a hometown show or around people who don't get it. They would think we were all nuts.

• Forum MVP

I want those people to think I'm nuts rude. I left the dancers at the peak and headed forward cause space looked more open. I danced terrapin 75% tilt. I could hear people behind me snicker about me. They thought I was different. I was thankful to have the space even thanked those talking about me before I retreated back to the dancers haven.

• Forum MVP

That's what's so nice about jubilee. It's not like a club show. Almost everyone there has a similar mentality vs the people who see 1 show a year who would prefer everyone sit down so they can see. I like to think that us hard dancers helped inspire others to let go a little more and not worry about what anyone else thinks.

• Forum MVP

I know you said those like sun, Mike, and me that gravitate to the back helped encourage you to go a little bit harder and let go even more although I think you only needed a slight push compared to the hard shove many need in Kentucky clubs.

• Forum MVP

I was living in Nashville when DSO played my hometown of 25k people in 2004. I bet that was a strange sight. Brand new 3k seat performing arts center with lots of season ticket holders sitting while the few deadheads were dancing and blocking their view. Was probably like the wolf trap but to a much more severe extent.

• Forum MVP

Sounds like a dance party night at home ! She'd love it and so would you. I like to connect with others while I dance at times too. Unless it is a sick jam that requires a complete inside out twist replete with spinning and water falling turns. Best was a dance party duck and weave going on at Blk Mtn last stand.

Some tunes are obvious partner danciers. the polkas. Round and round was a blast at Penn's Peak. Or other good mash potatoes.

• Forum MVP

Looks like Joe is slowly but surely turning into a deadhead PG lol. He's going to get over 10 shows this year isn't he. You can tell he gets a lot of enjoyment seeing how happy the shows make you. Unfortunately not all of our friends' spouses have that positive mentality about touring.

• Forum MVP

Dancing with a partner can be really special but when it comes down to it it's between me and the music. Each and every one of us and the music; individuals celebrating together in harmonious bliss. 

Rick, I'm not afraid to inflate your ego. You've got mad crazy moves...sometimes...and other times you are a bum ;)

• Forum MVP

What you don't like the go through the motions bob and twirl. Tight venues frustrate me sometimes I give up. The jubilee rug party was close to full on all the time. Only place I consistently dance harder is jamaica. Hopefully, black mountain and poca got space.

• Forum MVP

Oh dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself

Well there's nothing to lose

And there's nothing to prove

I'll be dancing with myself...

Generally works for me. And the gimp factor from dancing big (like on the rug) is far less unpleasant that from dancing tight and constricted (such as most places indoors these days).

• Forum MVP

I like space, too. In an ideal night all of the dancers will congregate in the back somewhere. Most nights everyone's trying to find their individual spots, or group spots. I certainly do. But when it all comes together with space and communal dance celebration....well...that's when the real magic happens for me. I'm a person who believes that the effort we put forth as fans, participants of the show, is as important as the band's. I also believe that dancing can elevate your listening experience greatly. Perhaps it can be achieved standing still, lying down, etc.  Whatever it takes to tune out the thoughts and in the sounds, sensations. Dancing is fun, though, and a good work out. :)

I've realized I can no longer pace myself at shows. The more space I have, the harder I dance. My legs are so stiff I could barely walk today but my lungs love me for the cardio workout!!! Plus being around all these other crazy hard dancers, I feel like I have to keep the pace. Was joking to chuck about dancing like this at a hometown show or around people who don't get it. They would think we were all nuts.

Yeah man! People that come to local shows because they've heard it was a "pretty good band" would laugh out loud at times at some of my brother and I's skillful dance moves  B)

• Forum MVP

I'm listening to the GD original. Although there's too much crowd noises in my recording for my tastes, this show smokes. I love all of June and July 76 really. They came back with a direction and purpose for sure. Very jazzy mellow grooves with just the right power at times.

Archived