Pro Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Yes, run the table in the regular season. I don't think they will make the super bowl. You have to like the Cardinals in the NFC right now, although it is looking like Carolina will have home field.

• Forum MVP

A loss is needed to win the Super Bowl. Too much pressure and the narrative changes to undefeated season vs super bowl win. It hurt UK last year as the constant media pressure of 38-0 was too much for the weak minded Harrison twins. Plus Carolina isn't an undefeated Patriots type team. They aren't completely dominant but they definitely have dominated as of late. 15-1 will allow them to be left alone by the media. 16-0 gets the media in a frenzy hoping for headlines.

• Forum MVP

By run table, do you mean an undefeated regular season?

Panthers are not in my top 3 picks to contend for the super bowl.

You must not have watched them play this year if they are not in your top 3. But you're no different than the rest as Vegas started out with Dallas laying 3 on thanksgiving. Ended up at game time with panthers laying 1 and they utterly dominated that game. MC what do you think their weakness is that puts them outside you top 3 in the nfc and who are the 3 or more you think are better?

• Forum MVP

Yeah they are starting to dominate. They would have to be top 3 as they are guaranteed a playoff spot. They will only have to win 2 to get to the super bowl if they keep winning and they will possibly get home field throughout.

• Forum MVP

My bad. My post was vague. I was referring to the whole nfl. I got panthers 2nd in nfc right now. I like pats and bengals over them. I don't think cam is acurate enough as a QB and runs the risk of getting hurt. Maybe he proves me wrong.

• Forum MVP

So who do you have ahead of them in the nfc? They are in the bottom half of the league in passing, showing that passing is not needed for them to win 15 regular season games in a row (dating back to last season). He is a risk for injury because he runs so much, but he's bigger than 90% of players that will hit him.

• Forum MVP

I think that you need to be able to throw the ball better in the post season.  Very often against the better teams the QB has to make a play with his arm and not his legs.  I like the Cardinals in the NFC.  I think Carson Palmer is masterfully and humbly playing QB.  They have a top offense to go with a top defense.  If playing well, they beat the lesser teams by a wider margin.  Carolina wins a lot of games sloppy.  I have them number 2 in the NFC, but if Rodgers can find his rhythm I might take them over Carolina.  If the Giants make it, they would scare me too.  They won both their super bowls with sloppy regular seasons.  Eli can make the big throws.  Cam has yet to prove to me that he can make those throws in the playoffs.   

• Forum MVP

Don't get all worked up Carolina.  The MVP race isn't even a done deal.  He's just the leader on the 16th tee right now.  Got to make it the clubhouse.  Palmer is playing great, Dalton and Brady too but Cam has moved himself steadily ahead in the race.

• Forum MVP

Great finish. Cams arm is a freaking cannon. Holy shit is he an athlete. He could prob have played NBA or been a major league pitcher if he had chosen a different path. He's just an off the charts athlete. Loved watching him and his brilliant season at auburn. I never understood the doubters. He just seemed like he always had such a high ceiling. He's definitely getting better and better and probably won't peak for 3 more years. Good times for Carolina for a while I predict as long as he avoids injury.

• Forum MVP

Pittsburgh looked really good last night. I'm going to the game Sunday in Cincinnati, looking forward to seeing Pittsburgh's offense go up against the Cincy defense. This game scares me more than the game in Denver. I think if we can get by Pittsburgh this week, we can get to the 1 seed.

• Forum MVP

Looks like tonight will be an epic NFC EAST battle!!!! Gone are the days of possibly the top 2 or even 3 teams being in the Nfc east. That division is a dog now. Unfortunately for the Cowboys, the Browns look like they are wrapping up the 1st draft pick and unfortunately for cowboys fans, jones is unwilling to draft a top QB. Romo is 35 years old and as good as he looked early in the season, he's now too injury prone and we must look to the future. To understand how far off Jerry jones is now, he wrote down Manziel on his 1st round draft card and luckily his son vetoed that nonsense. Hell I'd draft Dak Prescott in the 3-4th round. If he was 6'5" he'd be a 1st rounder with his arm and accuracy. But being listed as 6'2" and probably being only 6'1", he will be a low draft pick despite his brilliant statistical season of 70% passing with like 20/3 td/int. He's got a rocket arm and is a pocket passer who can scramble if he needs to which is a great attribute in the red zone, but is not foremost a runner.

And what about that mariotta run yesterday. Pretty badass 87yd scramble. That's so hard to do in the NFL and it's so rare that you get that long of a run when not a straight up the middle type run and an unheard of run for a QB considering how many defenders are already downfield. Great Tennessee comeback. I was very upset when Tennessee fired Jeff fisher as I lived in Nashville for years. Hes gotta be one of the top 10 NFL coaches and led Tennessee to overachieve year after year.

• Forum MVP

There are actually several QB prospects this year, just not worthy of that high of a pick. You should be able to get a pretty decent one in the 2-4 rounds. I think the kid from Indiana is going to turn out to be a steal for somebody.

• Forum MVP

Yeah there's no qb worthy of a top 5. Now that UCLA kid may go 1st but not until another 2 years. I also heard a rumor that fournette may not play football next year and instead do a private training camp to save his body. Getting 300+ carries unpaid with the wear that goes with that and the chance of injury like Nick Chubb had, almost doesn't seem worth it to stay in college. There's a finite number of hits each back can take before their bodies break down and a guy who's a definite top 10 pick regardless if he stays another year or not has to consider that. Derek Henry couldn't take another year of this work load. Ive never seen anything like the last 2 of his games. He's running until he has absolutely nothing left in the tank. The Cowboys ran Demarcus Murray like that then didn't re-sign him. Guess they figured they ran him so much that he couldn't take another few years.

• Forum MVP

I would never draft a kid that chose to sit out a year.  I want kids that play football because that eat breathe and sleep football.  I'm interested in the dudes that down play injuries.  Lie to stay on the field when their head is spinning.  I want guys that want to win and be apart of a team money or no money.  Clowney did a bunch of sitting out and taking it easy.  Dude still got drafted one and has been nothing but a bust.  

• Forum MVP

I would never draft a kid that chose to sit out a year. I want kids that play football because that eat breathe and sleep football. I'm interested in the dudes that down play injuries. Lie to stay on the field when their head is spinning. I want guys that want to win and be apart of a team money or no money. Clowney did a bunch of sitting out and taking it easy. Dude still got drafted one and has been nothing but a bust.

Just saying that Fournette should be able To go pro. He's ready now. A RB has a finite time on the field. Insane compression on hits will destroy his body and the NFL anti trust rules will not allow him to make a living. No other sport is like this. Fournette wants to play but he would likely have a longer career not playing next year.

I think a good NFLrule would be you can declare early if you are a 1st round pick. If not drafted you continue college.

Archived