Pro Football 2015

bs69

• Forum MVP

Since nobody wants to win the NFC Least or the AFC south, a sub-500 team may just make the playoffs this year.  I know the NFL wants parity but this is a little extreme since at Week 14, only the Cleveland Browns have been mathematically eliminated.  I guess the NFL likes that so many teams still have a 'chance' this late in the season.

By the way - Last night may have been the worst NFL game I've see all year.  I wish I stayed up for the last 2 minutes as I think that's the only time that anything really happened.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Tough for me to call a competitive game from start to finish worse game I've seen all year, but I would definitely not argue with someone saying it was the worse football they've seen all year.  Both teams played at a very low level.  I did not stay awake to see the exciting stuff either.  

• Forum MVP

I'm with MC on the Fournette deal. I would not want somebody that sat out a year. He will have a large insurance policy that will set him up if he gets hurt and can't play.

Bad game last night, MNF sure has had some clunkers this year, used to be the game of the week. Unfortunately for them, they can't flex due to the logistics of the game being on a different day. The result is that you get a lot of bad games between big market teams because they know they will at least get decent ratings even if it is a bad game.

• Forum MVP

I refused to watch the cowboys. I'm protesting Jerry jones and the "pretenders" as my dad refers to them. This year they are the pretenders. With Romo they resembled a team that could win. Without you get what you got last night.

• Forum MVP

I'm with MC on the Fournette deal. I would not want somebody that sat out a year. He will have a large insurance policy that will set him up if he gets hurt and can't play.

Bad game last night, MNF sure has had some clunkers this year, used to be the game of the week. Unfortunately for them, they can't flex due to the logistics of the game being on a different day. The result is that you get a lot of bad games between big market teams because they know they will at least get decent ratings even if it is a bad game.

Say that Henry was just a true sophomore. How much more could his body take in college and still have a pro career. Do you think another 400 carries would drop his 40 to 4.5 or 4.6 especially at a click of 30-45 a game. My whole point was there needs to be an exception to the 3 years removed rule especially for running backs who have notorious short NFL careers. Imagine engineering students in their senior year being around say radiation that would reduce their careers by 20% lifespan. How many would be doing that. A college workload is way more than a pro at RB and fournette isn't this tiny fast back that Maurice was. He's a speedster 230 back who will get an extra yard a carry after contact in the NFL which really adds up in that league. The NFL should allow early jumps if you will go 1st round.

• Forum MVP

It's just not feasible for them to go back. I like the idea of kids getting a chance to go back to school if they are not drafted in the first round (they really need to do this for basketball), but how could a kid stay in school and get ready for the draft (pro days, combine etc.)? They would have to be allowed to drop out 2nd semester and go back again in the fall? Besides, it's pretty rare for a running back to go in the first round anymore.

• Forum MVP

Many of the elite kids don't do the combines. I agree that in hoops if you aren't drafted u should be allowed to come back. In hoops it's all about being 1st round. You get guaranteed money. 2nd round is for seniors. Last year calipari pretty much lied to the Harrison's to get rid of them saying he thinks they could go late 1st round. So maybe I don't want people coming back if they don't get drafted 1st round lol. I hated those 2 kids. They will always be D league or Europe players.

• Forum MVP

I'm not against want your saying.  I'm onboard with letting kids go pro as soon as a pro team is willing to give them a paycheck.  I just don't want anyone who sits out a year on my team.  If they won't let you go pro, you should play in college. 

• Forum MVP

Just a can of worms that can't be opened. You can't do it for only one position and it is a good rule to allow these kids to mature for 3 years in college. The problem with basketball is they need to have a minor league like baseball, with each team having their own farm team to bring kids up when they are ready. This would allow the kids to go pro out of high school that don't want to go to college.

• Forum MVP

I'm not against want your saying. I'm onboard with letting kids go pro as soon as a pro team is willing to give them a paycheck. I just don't want anyone who sits out a year on my team. If they won't let you go pro, you should play in college.

And if he wants to sit out take away the scholarship. Full tuition for the sad sack using college scholarship funds (taken away from someone who probably wants it more than anything in life) just as a launchpad for the nfl. The scholarship implies an education in exchange for your athletic performance. But that's a whole nuther thread.

• Forum MVP

Ugh! Dalton injury a killer for my Bengals. I'm hoping McCarron can do what he did at Alabama and win, at least he has been on the big stage before. I can't stand the Steelers, hopefully they lose another game and don't get in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I could see all of the games going either way. I went with the Skins also because the Packers just don't look very good. The chiefs have been beating bad to mediocre teams during their stretch of victories and I think they are due to fall. Weather could be a factor in the other two games. It is supposed to windy and zero at kickoff in Minnesota, have to think that favors the Vikings a bit. Thirties with cold rain/showers in Cincy hopefully leading to a couple Ben picks. I will be there, the Bengals are overdue to beat the Steelers in this spot.

• Forum MVP

I'm feeling real confident in Rodgers over Cousins for the pack win.  A lot of people picking the Skins.  

I'm not real confident and the Skins are indeed a sexy pick. 

If Washington has a decent pass-rush and the Packers receivers are unable to get much separation, the Skins will prevail.  GB's running game will have to be halfway decent for them to have any chance.  Lacey has not been running mean this season and they'll need him to flip the switch or it's going to be tough for the Packers.

• Forum MVP

You got that right. Not sure how it looked on tv, but the refs were lucky to get out of the stadium. One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. We still win the game if hill doesn't fumble ( a call that could have gone either way but not enough evidence to overturn), but you can't decide a playoff game on penalties like that, they handed it to them. Was the Burfict hit questionable? Maybe, but they hadn't called the penalty on Shazier earlier and it was much less. If that is any player other than Burfict, no flag is thrown. There were several Steeler fans sitting near me and they couldn't believe it was called, but were happy to have the gift.

Archived