Bracket pool

Rude

• Forum MVP

I made a bracket pool. It's a weighted pool of 5,10,15,20,25,30 points for round 1-6 with an underdog bonus. You get the difference in seeds as points if the underdog wins. So if the 12 beats the 5 and you picked the 12 you get 7 bonus points. The underdog bonus continues throughout the rounds. Not sure how many are interested in playing but it's very easy to fill out. It's a click to advance bracket. If no one joins so be it but it took me 7 minutes to register and fill out the bracket.

I looked at several and this one was free with an easy to use interface and it will constantly update the standings. I changed the point totals as getting 1 point for wins but getting 7 points for picking a 12 over a 5 would make it where any smart player would pick only upsets from the 12 to 10 seeds. It still pays to pick upsets but not overwhelmingly.

You are being invited to join 'Rudes march madness'.

In order to join, you must:

1. Register as a user at http://www.poolhost.com

When registering, you will choose a personal username and provide your e-mail address. When you click Join, PoolHost.com will send you an e-mail with a password to login to the site.

2. Login to PoolHost.com with the username you chose and the password sent to you.

3. Go to the 'Pool Tools' menu and choose 'Join a Private Pool'.

4. Choose 'College Bracket Challenge'.

5. To Join the pool you need to enter the Pool ID and Pool Password.

For the Pool ID type: DSOhoops

For the Pool Password type: DSO

That's it and then you're in! The next time you login in to http://www.poolhost.com, you can get back to your pool(s) by going to 'My Pools' where you'll see all the pools you've joined. Clicking on a pool name will take you to that pool. You can switch to a different pool by going to 'My Pools' again at any time.

To Register, click here:

http://www.poolhost.com/index.asp?page=register.asp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
Done - What a steaming pile of awesome I made!

I don't have much of a chance since Rude is a stealth Veags bookie but sometimes a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Forum MVP

Done - What a steaming pile of awesome I made!

I don't have much of a chance since Rude is a stealth Veags bookie but sometimes a broken clock is right twice a day.

Considering Its usually a female who wins my dads office pool and she likes certain team colors, I don't think I'll stand a chance. I suck in hoops picking.

• Forum MVP

So we have 6 people so far in the pool. Entries are open until Thursday morning right before tipoff. I think it's 12:15 am EST Thursday. The great thing about this tourney is it rarely goes anywhere close to expected. There are many teams out there good enough to put together 2-3 wins vs any competition. Going 6 straight is another story. There are a limited number that can do that.

• Forum MVP

My dads office pool is $1, but has 140 people usually in it. I've failed since 1986 to win it even though participated every year. My mom, dad and brother are all listed as winners in the 86-91 period as all previous winners are listed on the bracket, but my name is excluded. I haven't even finished top 30 in 5+ years :/. The good thing is 60% of bracket will have UK winning it all and I don't.

• Forum MVP

Now rude playing humble to lure in more victims.

I'd say I'm more of a football analyst. Basketball has too many variables. U don't lose in football b/c of a hot field goal kicker. In hoops you could get a crazy shooter. There are people in the tourney that can win the game solo. Buddy hield is 1. UK has 2 guys that can put up 30 point efforts easily but then again that's all they have, but Arizona won in 97 with a great 2 guard combo. Superstars have won this tourney and full teams have also won. Danny manning won it himself.

• Forum MVP

8 are entered so far. 16 hours until it locks.

I'll also toss in a prize to the winner of a few local IPA's to be delivered at jubilee. Unfortunately glass isn't allowed or was going to bring a 24ozer of moltov cocktail to the winner.

Archived