Sign in to follow this  
cnjBrian

I need to sell Colorado tix

Finances are difficult and I think I need to sell rr and boulder tix. Bought as package last Sept. I think I can transfer to another person... Anyone interested? I'd like to get cost for them. I'll have to eat my non-refundable flight...

• Sad (neutral) 1

I can relate, Brian. I caught a ticket to the Atlantic City show, reserved a blue light cheap hotel room in Ocean City, announced my lack of participation in helping out at the farm the day of, and the day after the show. (Gotta rest up then recuperate after dancing my face off) I was pretty excited that I could afford it in spite of the squeeze of paying for my daughter’s wedding. THEN, I called my daughter and asked her what the final payment was looking like. The response suddenly put me in ‘Oh, shit’ mode. So, the ticket is paid for and on it’s way. I figured I would miracle somebody with it, some way, some how. The only thing left is to get out of the hotel reservation, which was already paid for in full.

So, I called the hotel last night. The guy on duty didn’t have the authority to do refunds. He tells me to call back in the morning and talk to the manager. I called this morning and got a nice gal that was knowledgeable but still not the person in charge. She let me know that I could get a refund but the cancellation was still going to cost about sixty five bucks. 

We had a good conversation. I explained how this was killing me because I was going to catch some Grateful Dead music and how it was what I live for. She responds with, ‘my first concert was Grateful Dead, Spectrum 1994, changed my life.’ After a few more minutes of talking, I am getting a full refund and she’s getting my ticket. It will be her first Dark Star show. That made my day. I was so happy how everything worked out. 

I hope you have the same kind of good fortune with your situation, Brian. 

• Like (+1) 7

44 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I can relate, Brian. I caught a ticket to the Atlantic City show, reserved a blue light cheap hotel room in Ocean City, announced my lack of participation in helping out at the farm the day of, and the day after the show. (Gotta rest up then recuperate after dancing my face off) I was pretty excited that I could afford it in spite of the squeeze of paying for my daughter’s wedding. THEN, I called my daughter and asked her what the final payment was looking like. The response suddenly put me in ‘Oh, shit’ mode. So, the ticket is paid for and on it’s way. I figured I would miracle somebody with it, some way, some how. The only thing left is to get out of the hotel reservation, which was already paid for in full.

So, I called the hotel last night. The guy on duty didn’t have the authority to do refunds. He tells me to call back in the morning and talk to the manager. I called this morning and got a nice gal that was knowledgeable but still not the person in charge. She let me know that I could get a refund but the cancellation was still going to cost about sixty five bucks. 

We had a good conversation. I explained how this was killing me because I was going to catch some Grateful Dead music and how it was what I live for. She responds with, ‘my first concert was Grateful Dead, Spectrum 1994, changed my life.’ After a few more minutes of talking, I am getting a full refund and she’s getting my ticket. It will be her first Dark Star show. That made my day. I was so happy how everything worked out. 

buddy, you handled that with awesomeness!  I was thinking I would take the hotel room even tho ill have my rv...glad you hooked her up and visa versa...sounds like you made a friend.......

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Good stuff, Greg!   😎

or maybe he just needs persuasion to go...

• Like (+1) 2

I have been in some sticky situations where I needed to sell a ticket that I couldn't use for a show.  I use https://cashortrade.org/  as a very successful means of passing on a ticket to a deserving person and getting my money back on it as well.

I just had starter,  fuel pump and brakes done on car in last month. Now I need cv joints and rotors... I've been putting out money for dental work since January and will need to shell out more when I can. I have a flight to co but still needed flight back. I will eat the flight going to Colorado and hope to sell tix.  By the way if you're talkin to me and you own a home, have a relatively new car, a 401k, a bank account, and credit cards please do not tell me you are broke... I have no bank account, 298,115 miles on car, no 401k, no credit cards or teeth... 

It's a grate fucking day to be alive... I mean it... I know what a bad day is and this isn't near bad...

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry bro. Bought mine early on this year. I think the boulder shows with only being able to buy all 3 caused many to buy early to not get shut out of boulder theater. Last year I waited knowing that redrocks would be a last second sell out if that. Good luck.

did you post on CashorTrade yet?  Last year I picked up a 4 pack for $40 each with no fees. 

I have tix sold but sent 2 emails to find out how to transfer tickets to another name and have no response...