WRS > 

Let It Grow > 

Dark Star > 

One More Sat PM

E:  Strange Man

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

The night was super fun and jaw dropping.  The weather report was so beautifully constructed, developed,  and executed.  We are all so lucky to have access this.  

More dance space than anyone could ask for.  The company shared was top notch.  Heart bending.   

The weather was perfect for the heat.  The light rain fell on hot sweaty bodies just enough to keep the hot trot dancing cool.  

Why can't this happen every day?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Good size group of backwoods rednecks who somehow found their way to the show.... the band is delicately noodling their way out of space into that gorgeous weather report suite and one of them yells out “Quit fuckin around and play some goddamn music. We been waitin long enough!!”. 🤣😂🤣😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 2
  • Forum MVP

I knew it was going to be a magical weekend when I saw a 🌈  as I pulled off the 🛣  to pick up my friend from the ✈️ ! Add finding a matching pair of earrings, one Friday and the other Saturday, on the ground in our roped off spot. 😆 

The banked track of the speedway encircled the inner field that had little roped off areas. Individual “corrals” were great import we were going to Giddy Up! Land of the Golden Corral- the musical smorgasbord of the Grateful Dead.  

The 🎶  was 😊 ! Fun 🤩 crowd of deadheads all ages! Easy, very sweet laid back staff. There was an option to have 🍺 💦  delivered if you had the mind or the time. Nice jumbo screens. Cotter socked in the sound. Dave did a jam up job with lighting  

Everyone around danced early. The Low Spark had inspired licks from Jeff and Barraco sounds great as always! WRS was lovely. They putzed/ teasing around with the frozen logger a bit as some point. It had been soundchecked. Ran out of time after  long DS and Dark Star really did crash. Single verse and ended too quickly. The Strange Man was powerful! It brought the house down, like Lisa knows how! 

I saw good friends who were a sight for sore eyes! It blessed my soul and now they are gone. 😀

time to plan next one 😆 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Forum MVP
14 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Good size group of backwoods rednecks who somehow found their way to the show.... the band is delicately noodling their way out of space into that gorgeous weather report suite and one of them yells out “Quit fuckin around and play some goddamn music. We been waitin long enough!!”. 🤣😂🤣😂

I have never been so embarrassed for ignorance in my life.  As a younger man, I might have had a talk with these guys.   Wisdom comes with age----so I threw my self reflection vibe there way.  It will take about a week.  That redneck will be on forums with in a year begging for a WRS like they produced this night.  It came out of a space that was so much fun. 

Skip was awesome during the night.  So excited.  So much chatter, but when he got involved in the drums during drum space transition, we knew from his facial expressions that they too are like us----kids in big bodies with talent!!!!    

Following up on PG's comment-----Strange Man was amazing.  Lisa's vocals were so powerful I found myself no longer dancing but moving through a dense medium of vibrations that filled every molecule of air.  Quantum mechanics pushed all that vibrational energy into our souls. To have all your cells vibrate with Lisa's powerful sounds is at the very least----spiritual.   

We are so lucky--- 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
On 6/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, gr8fulpair said:

Good size group of backwoods rednecks who somehow found their way to the show.... 

You moved to the sticks and didn’t shave or get a haircut for a year to not look like you were from the city to try to fit in in the holler and now you are putting down your people? It’s like if the Kardashians chastised someone for spending 10k on designer shoe laces. 😜

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
27 minutes ago, Rude said:

You moved to the sticks and didn’t shave or get a haircut for a year to not look like you were from the city to try to fit in in the holler and now you are putting down your people? It’s like if the Kardashians chastised someone for spending 10k on designer shoe laces. 😜

It’s my right...😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

It’s my right...😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

you made pig pen look like a hedge fund manager. I was afraid they would stop you at the airport for further screening. Luckily you cleaned up a bit before our trip or you may have gone on a watch list. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1