Columbia, SC #2

• Forum MVP

10/30/70 Pritchard Gym, S.U.N.Y. Stony Brook, NY

(Early show)Cold Rain & Snow, Truckin', Sugar Magnolia, Next Time You See Me, Me & My Uncle, Drums> Good Lovin'> Drums> Cumberland Blues> Good Lovin', Casey Jones 

(Late Show)Smokestack Lightnin', Beat It On Down The Line, China Cat Sunflower> I Know You Rider, Friend Of The Devil, Truckin', Candyman, It Hurts Me Too, Dancin' In The Streets, Big Railroad Blues, St. Stephen> Not Fade Away> Goin' Down The Road> Not Fade Away> Turn On Your Lovelight 

wow, just fucking wow. That was some good ol southern fun. I love dancing with deadheads. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Forum MVP

The band reported this as the first time they’d recreated it. What a great night. I guess we were all so good Sat night, they pretty much dropped all security and safety protocols for Sun night. Pretty light crowd due to torrential rains earlier in the day and it being Sun night. Perfect set list right in the wheelhouse of my favorite era. Good sound, good video (stage was kinda dark and hard to see), pain in the ass to get beverages (thanks Mike!) my highlights were Cumberland and the pig songs, plus the cowboy songs, and most def the Stephen, fade sandwich. For you dancers show the point in the show where you can catch a breather. Haha, ain’t one. Thanks to the band crew and the smiling swirling angels that made my experience euphoric. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

Oh boy ! Harmonica and Pigpen! Satisfying like a Sunday brunch ! I loved this show so much!

Notes- No lead in beats on the BIODTL
Big RR super fun dancing abounded 

Drums in Good Lovin were solid....  And the Cumberlands was just what I wanted. Haha. 💓 The band did a great job getting the show completed with impending curfew. Pigpen though didn’t get to talk to the fellas  about his sweet girl. He ran outta time. I  guess they have to figured it out on their own down in South Cakalacki. 

big thanks to DSO and the crew!  Y’all lbrightened it up around here right on time. Hope you enjoyed the city- just gotta poke around- plus ..... in addition to fantastic food like Lizard’s Thicket- we have colorful mascots/ icons 😀 AND Bill Murray! Come back soon!

🐓🐓   🍑   🌙🌴  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

I was way to thrown back by the weekend to complete a review last night.  There is something in this music and watching those who love it in real time that makes one speechless.  Trying to find words for feelings that run so deep is at times complicated.   We all have individual constructs of what we see and feel as beautiful.  Yet, as humans, we are able to share, relate, and understand the overlaps of our individual constructs.  Its amazing when the overlap occurs in close proximity.  The energy feeds, fuels, and opens up our minds to the thoughts and feelings of others with out speaking them.   To communicate with out words is the most intimate of anything shared between people.   Its something that I do not yet have the words to fully describe.   I can only describe it as breathtakingly beautiful. It literally changes the way I see the world--both the macro and micro. 

May not be ready, but definitely encouraged to write the first book on Quantum Mechanics and Dancing Heads.  Entanglement occurs for us as much as it occurs for the spin of a paired particle.  I need more shows to research this phenom------Can anyone say tax write offs for research!!!!!!  

The last night In SC was more than one could ever ask.   There were so many highlights.  The people I got to dance with are some of the people I love most in this world.  The music is the "Flavor" that brought us all together.  

The set list says it all.  There were some things I never heard before.   PG dead on----no bumps or no thumps before BIODTL.  Rob just started singing.   How fun getting one of the favorites with a change....it threw me off for a second.  FOTD was fast--more western---and a delight!!!  

It hurts me too----thanks Rob----we felt it----its confusing for the mind to feel the pain yet be happy dancing to it.   Who can honestly say the music does not make you grow as a individual.  Learn about your feelings and how to manage the internal conflicts.   Yes----its more then dancing to quality sounds.  Its a reflective process that forces us to grow in front of everyone--In real time!!!   

China/Rider-----YAY!!!!!   

St. Stephen---always a highlight.   Huge highlight of the night.  Thank you DSO for hitting it hard!!   Felt like I was dancing on air.   Nothing no longer grounded my body---a arrow straight and narrow hitting every sweet beat. 

GDTRFB------Always played well. Tonight no different.  But---to share it with people I love, again--special beyond words. 

Love light----I am unable to comment and share----I can say DSO did its job and put smiles, thoughts, dreams into hopes and wishes.   Never underestimate the power of hope----Hope has moved mountains, cured diseases, and transformed lives.  

So nice to be able to share a brief glimpse of how a single show can have such big impacts on a individual life----because its so much more than music!!!---It is with out a doubt a rare and different tune.

Thank you guys---thank you Lisa-----thank you for all those who I shared the weekend with.  Now keeping a journal -- I never want to forget the joy you all bring!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

Worth mentioning that if you were lucky enough to be in Frederick, MD 10/31/20 when they played 10/31/70, and then Cayce, SC 6/6/21 when they played 10/30/70 that completes the incredible 2 night stand at Pritchard Gym, SUNY with NRPS. What a special treat that there is only one way to get! Thanks DSO. 

• Like (+1) 6
On 6/7/2021 at 9:26 PM, PoetryGirl said:

Oh boy ! Harmonica and Pigpen! Satisfying like a Sunday brunch ! I loved this show so much!

Notes- No lead in beats on the BIODTL
Big RR super fun dancing abounded 

Drums in Good Lovin were solid....  And the Cumberlands was just what I wanted. Haha. 💓 The band did a great job getting the show completed with impending curfew. Pigpen though didn’t get to talk to the fellas  about his sweet girl. He ran outta time. I  guess they have to figured it out on their own down in South Cakalacki. 

big thanks to DSO and the crew!  Y’all lbrightened it up around here right on time. Hope you enjoyed the city- just gotta poke around- plus ..... in addition to fantastic food like Lizard’s Thicket- we have colorful mascots/ icons 😀 AND Bill Murray! Come back soon!

🐓🐓   🍑   🌙🌴  

I really like lizards thicket…LOL

go gamecocks!