Chicago #1

Tea

• Forum MVP

9/27/76 - Community War Memorial Auditorium, Rochester NY

Set One: The Promised Land ; They Love Each Other ; El Paso ; Deal ; Looks Like Rain ; Row Jimmy ; It's All Over Now ; Loser ; Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication ; Brown Eyed Women ; The Music Never Stopped 

Set Two: Might As Well ; Samson And Delilah ; Help On The Way > Slipknot! > drums > The Other One > Wharf Rat > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower > Around And Around 

Encore: U.S. Blues 

Filler: White Rabbit

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Is it possible that 9-27 / 9-28-76 Rochester/Syracuse is the best consecutive 2-pack in different cities in Grateful Dead history?  I mean, obviously there's stiff competition, and Barton Hall/Buffalo '77 immediately comes to mind, but still. Upstate NY was treated quite well at the end of September in '76!

I'd be shocked if DSO didn't turbo charge the shit out of that Franklin's...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Half the place came up between row 1 and 2 to dance. The crowd was getting down. We actually got row 4-10 because we wanted baby to sleep set 2 but they moved us to front row so we had no choice. Baby rocked out. He loved it. There were 25 friends from all over dancing with us in the aisle. Would be great tonight if they said all cars need to park in the back so everyone can dance together. That row between 1 and 2 had prob 150 people getting down. Was super high energy. Omg the PA was loud. It was so loud that people could barely stand at the rail. The sound was amazing behind the stage at the bathrooms. It sounded great everywhere. I was afraid even with headphones baby would go deaf lol. He slept the entire 2nd set 10 feet from the PA in the car. Popped his headphones on and he was oblivious. Night 2 baby is with her parents so we can roam around. Was great to see so many friends. Really glad we did these. Parking lots aren’t ideal but this was pretty solid. Oh and the show smoked. Wasn’t much dancing reprieve plus had the baby Bjorn on all set 1. Little JT did 8k steps in that set. See everyone tonight. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, John A said:

I'd be shocked if DSO didn't turbo charge the shit out of that Franklin's...

they cranked that Franklin. The speakers were starting to distort at the crescendo. Meili literally plugged her ears as did a few others up front and this is someone who heads to a spot in front of the PA at Panic shows. It was that loud. I joked to barraco that they needed to turn it up a bit at set break. He laughed knowing how loud that PA was. I think tonight we are going behind the SBD. The sound was awesome there and you got a bit of air between your ears and the PA. It was 85+ at start of the show but it stopped no one from getting down. What a treat. Covid protocols are over. Security didn’t give a crap that we all packed together to groove. Plus it’s BYOB(unofficial policy). The single barrel woodford special reserve got passed around so much it didn’t survive the night. That was supposed to be a 2 night bottle. Now I have to crack the knob creek single barrel reserve 120 proof for tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Seeing JT was the highlight…solid first show for a 5 month old. Could tell he enjoyed the scene…Apple doesn’t fall far…

It really did feel like a normal show except for cars in the way. Space was in front or behind parked cars as in between could only fit single file.

Very little security hassles in line with good time crowd.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Was a great 1st show for him. Having the car there was clutch. Let meili pump and feed him in the AC and opened up his bassinet for set 2 so he could sleep. He could have probably handled a set 2 but he wouldn’t have been a happy camper. He loved all the nice people who came up to him. His head was on a swivel with so many people to check out. 

• Like (+1) 4