Louisville #2

Tea

• Forum MVP
Original Recipe 

Set 1: Cold Rain And Snow ; Me And Bobby McGee ; Loose Lucy ; Black Throated Wind ; You Win Again ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; It Hurts Me Too* ; Mexicali Blues ; Let Me Sing Your Blues Away ; Bird Song** 

Set 2: Pride Of Cucamonga ; Big Boss Man ; Scarlet Begonias ; Playing In The Band > Eyes Of The World** > China Doll > Playing In The Band jam > drums > The Other One > Playing In The Band reprise 

Encore: Rockin' Pneumonia And The Boogie Woogie Flu

Show Notes
* Lisa on vocals 
** '73 style 
  • Like (+1) 2

That was truly a great show. As ever, the Band was generous, with a wink and a nod. Talk about redemption. Yes. 

At least 2 rarities...Let Me Sing Your Blues Away and Pride of Cucamonga(!), and psychedelic bridges in between. Loved the older ballads too. Tip top. 

I was seated next to the board and got to see some of that sorcery, up close. Really nice guy. Great sound. 

And I met some old friends not seen in quite a while and made some (many) new friends (not to mention untold familiar faces, everywhere I looked). Felt the heartbeat last night, from beginning to end. We were all well met. 

Love. Peter.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Man what a show. Dance party USA. Love the early Eyes and Lucy, that whole 2nd set gave no breaks. Ran into my High School pot dealer who I hadn’t seen in 25 years probably. Hugged like a long lost brother 😆🤣 he had his 8 year old daughter with him and it was just such a great weekend even with the short set fri night. Also like 90% sure I saw a cousin who I didn’t know was a deadhead with her kids too. That shit has to be in our blood at some level. I have too many distant relatives that are heads. Only 90% because the more enhanced I am the less confident I am in my ability to recognize faces. So if you wver see me staring at you with a stupid look on my face it’s because I’m trying to decide if we know each other or you just slightly resemble (sometimes not at all) someone I know. 
*Lisa bout took me out with that HMT

what a freakin weekend man. ✌️

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

You win again! Wow! I love that set list. Yea, I have three cousins, a nephew, and a Niece who are dead heads. I’ve shared quite a few shows with them and had quite a few stories told to me about shows I missed that they saw. Naturally, they have heard my stories. Kinda crazy when you go to your  uncle’s funeral and we all gather up and talk about the Dead. 

• Like (+1) 2

Night number one I was having trouble catching my groove. Night number 2 was the complete opposite- stellar performance and the crowd energy was much higher. I was sitting next to the soundboard and had a wonderful evening and the notes were everything I needed. Love Eatons new Gibson…sounded fantastic 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

We went up high in the back stands and wow the sound was amazing. Much better than up close. You could hear the sound moving around so well and the light show was sick. The lights matched the show. Dark and evil much of set 2. That set 2 was hard rock psychsdelic Jazz. With 1 drummer the band made so many crazy hard transitions and very unique ones. Dino was constantly slowing or speeding up tempo. It was a heavy metal face melt in the eyes transitions. From playin>playing it was the band showing how tight they are and how creative they can be.  And Dino’s shortish drum solo was just showing off.  Wow he’s fast. I’d never heard an other one played anything similar to that. Set 2 was soooo melty. Wow what a show. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Forum MVP

I would say the raving reviews are getting boring, but this band just brings it every show. If you can catch DSO for even one show, unless you’re a d-bag, the experience is going to be memorable. 

Louisville sets looked sweet. Wonder if the last show cut short for weather was the first jubilee in 2012? Looks like the band thoroughly made up for the short set Fri on Sat night. Giddy up!

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

I would say the raving reviews are getting boring, but this band just brings it every show. If you can catch DSO for even one show, unless you’re a d-bag, the experience is going to be memorable. 

Louisville sets looked sweet. Wonder if the last show cut short for weather was the first jubilee in 2012? Looks like the band thoroughly made up for the short set Fri on Sat night. Giddy up!

That was definitely the last one I remember 

• Forum MVP

Governer’s Island NY was storm-shortened 7/11/09 

Quite a storm with a ferry needed to get back to mainland. Thought we would capsize in the revelry

Remember the band quickly ended show after drums with We bid u goodnight. Keller was also there.

• Like (+1) 2