DSO please don’t get political

Gratefullylaxin

Well, at least there's a conversation.  Most of the music we love was written during the build up and ultimate disaster of the Vietnam war.  A failure of both parties.  At the time, the United States achieved one of the most technical and logistical challenges in history by landing a few people on the moon, and returned them safely to Earth.

If you think the Trump "experiment" was good for this country, I disagree.  We've never been more at odds - with violence and mayhem at every corner.  COVID may have actually saved the nation by isolating each other, and forcing us to have a semi "mandatory" cool down period.

But, no, joking that you're going to Texas to sell coat hangers is a vile and awful thing to say, even as a joke.  I'm assuming you are single.  If not, you should be.  Perhaps that's why you are so bitter.

The founders called us an "imperfect union".  True that.  However, when calls to violence lead to the storming of our Capitol to disrupt our democracy, we're one step away from a massacre.  Then, will you be there to mop up the carnage?  Nah.  You'll be buying coat hangers to mock women who were raped.  Sad.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I almost want to just say nothing cause that's probably what best serves me here in this conversation but we all need to take 3 steps back here. This thread started with a call for DSO not to get political than many here dove right into the nastiness of politics. Throwing insults back and forth. Devaluing others. This is sad but it's not one side or the other. It's all just sad. Both sides. You and me. All of this. I won't say DSOs call to get vaccinated wasn't political it certainly seems to be good business for them and gives us hope of having normal tours again sooner if that day is ever to come but business is political. Life is political but life doesn't have to be filled with anger and hatred and that's where this thread has gone. When this pandemic first stated a basically stood alone here and said I disagreed with government mandated shut downs and mask wearing. I was told to basically and maybe literally to fuck off. It got nasty then. I took a step back held my views to myself and I would advise others around here to do so themselves. Of course, you guys could tell me to fuck off now and I will once again return to keeping my views to myself but man this discourse is ugly and it doesn't represent the higher level thought but more importantly the higher level care and acceptance I've experienced in this community. Agree to disagree and get back to the music is what I say. This thread sucks.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
27 minutes ago, sandflea said:

Well, at least there's a conversation.  Most of the music we love was written during the build up and ultimate disaster of the Vietnam war.  A failure of both parties.  At the time, the United States achieved one of the most technical and logistical challenges in history by landing a few people on the moon, and returned them safely to Earth.

If you think the Trump "experiment" was good for this country, I disagree.  We've never been more at odds - with violence and mayhem at every corner.  COVID may have actually saved the nation by isolating each other, and forcing us to have a semi "mandatory" cool down period.

But, no, joking that you're going to Texas to sell coat hangers is a vile and awful thing to say, even as a joke.  I'm assuming you are single.  If not, you should be.  Perhaps that's why you are so bitter.

The founders called us an "imperfect union".  True that.  However, when calls to violence lead to the storming of our Capitol to disrupt our democracy, we're one step away from a massacre.  Then, will you be there to mop up the carnage?  Nah.  You'll be buying coat hangers to mock women who were raped.  Sad.

In my opinion,  the biggest problem today is that both sides label anyone from the other as an extremist. Most people in this country fall somewhere in the middle. As someone from the Midwest it is very frustrating to see how the political class seems to cater to the coasts. I also find it fascinating how a block of people can swing from one party to the other. Southern democrats turned into Republicans, working class people around the Midwest are now Trump Republicans. I say they are Trump Republicans because they are only voting Republican because of him, his persona and message. They aren't fiscal conservatives or limited government people,  just like that he seems to know they exist. Democratic politicians shoot themselves in the foot by coming across as arrogant people that think they know what's best for you without asking you what you think. That is a big turn off for working class people in this part of the country. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

The virus isn't political,  so it doesn't belong in this thread. Vaccines are available,  get it if you want to be protected, don't if you're willing to risk it,  your choice. Just don't make me mask because some people don't want to get vaccinated

• Like (+1) 1

But they are extremist.  Can you imagine having these types of conversations a few years ago?  I've voted republican many times, but now I'll never cast another republican vote.  To blame democrats for the trials and tribulations of "fly over America" doesn't make any sense.  Didn't you guys elect your own leaders?  Didn't you have a chance to participate in democracy?

You blame the rest of the country for the fact that you guys live in bumfuck.  That's it.  Are we supposed to take care of you?  I was born in bumfuck Tennessee.  Do I live there now?  No.  Of course not.  I live on the coast.  I cannot believe that hard working Americans just blame others for their problems.  Sound familiar?  Sounds like ghetto reasoning.  

This is America.  You are responsible for your suffering.  Sound familiar?  Geez.

a mad dash of biblical proportions. for mass injections of a liability-free, synthetic concoction laden with self-replicating graphene-oxide and quantum-dot-hydraGEL-nano-lipids, that possesses ZERO long-term safety data, developed by openly corrupt industrial corporations with extensive criminal records and shielded with full-proof legal blanket immunity. this genetic manipulation warpspeed cocktail that is now being feverishly frantically pushed on teenagers, young children, pregnant mothers, toddlers and newborn babies. think on that for a spell if you would. this is not about protecting health, following science, or keeping you safe. it's about centralization of power and control. health can NOT be injected. period. 

#NaturalimmunityIsTheOnlyImmunity

anyone that still has the misfortune to think that those in power, and the technocratic medical industrial corporations they control, somehow have their health and best interest in mind, simply hasn't been paying attention and needs to invoke their god-given instinct and natural-born intuition, ask themselves on the deepest of levels, what it means to be human, so as to step into their awareness and reassess this situation before it's too late.

keep in mind this truth as you consider what is currently unfolding. the WHO, NIH and CDC are not health or humanitarian organizations. they are bonafide CORPORATIONS through and through to the core. rockefeller-foundation sponsored and funded by globalist handlers. these corporate entities are inextricably embedded within the murky agendas of the pharmaceutical and vaccine corporations and industrial complexes to the brutal bitter end.

support bodily autonomy. the God-given right for an individual being to govern what happens to their own body without external influence or coercion. if you don't own your own body, you can no longer say you live in a free society.

#MyBodyMyChoice #SupportFreedomOfChoice #SupportBodilyAutonomy

Edited by chronosynclastic constant
  • Like (+1) 2

I refuse to live my life in fear but I just read some disturbing news. Heart disease is not a killer! The CDC has been lying to us all along. A Consortium of quinoa growers have been donating money to them for many years for them to put out that lie. I swear it's true I read it in a publication from the newest new age Health Guru. Don't even get me started on hemp growers. They have been responsible for more detriment to the environment than yogurt and baked beans...

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Surprise!, the Sierra club which was objects to nuclear power, is supported largely by big oil. Before you get started, there’s an awful lot of nuclear submarines cruising around the world these days. A lot of progress has been made  since three mile island. 

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, sandflea said:

But they are extremist.  Can you imagine having these types of conversations a few years ago?  I've voted republican many times, but now I'll never cast another republican vote.  To blame democrats for the trials and tribulations of "fly over America" doesn't make any sense.  Didn't you guys elect your own leaders?  Didn't you have a chance to participate in democracy?

You blame the rest of the country for the fact that you guys live in bumfuck.  That's it.  Are we supposed to take care of you?  I was born in bumfuck Tennessee.  Do I live there now?  No.  Of course not.  I live on the coast.  I cannot believe that hard working Americans just blame others for their problems.  Sound familiar?  Sounds like ghetto reasoning.  

This is America.  You are responsible for your suffering.  Sound familiar?  Geez.

I was born and raised in NYC and got the hell out. I actually prefer living in bumfuck and visiting the city.  Yes we do elect our own leaders but they have been increasingly usurped by DC ( in violation of 10th amendment)

and are mandated (sound familiar) to administer laws and policies  the local population neither desire or voted for.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, cnjBrian said:

I refuse to live my life in fear but I just read some disturbing news. Heart disease is not a killer! The CDC has been lying to us all along. A Consortium of quinoa growers have been donating money to them for many years for them to put out that lie. I swear it's true I read it in a publication from the newest new age Health Guru. Don't even get me started on hemp growers. They have been responsible for more detriment to the environment than yogurt and baked beans...

It’s time to never trust anything. Covid doesn’t exist. There’s no anti vaccine movement either. It’s made up by the press. No one is on any side of anything because we can’t trust the media and they are inventing everything. The election was stolen from Ralph Nader every election in the 90’s but the dem/gop one party won’t allow it. They are shipping powers back and forth to make sure they keep it. Who trusts a cereal box? I only eat food from my back yard but can I trust myself? Are my neighbors poisoning my soil. I’m going to do the opposite of what I think. Most “covid” deaths are really government genocide. Facebook is how they find the victims. I don’t have Facebook so they can’t “covid” me but then again why “covid” someone who took their control vaccine. I follow blindly so I’m not a target. Never fight the power!!!

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, sandflea said:

20 hours ago, sandflea said:

You do realize our country was born out of revolution and violence?  You do realize the importance of the 2nd amendment?  Its not really for self protection---but for what?   To take down a government that no longer represents its citizens!!  The guns are literally to kill those in power---for the government.   So we are not subjugated. 

Many colonist did not want to separate from England.  What do you think about those White Slave owners that revolted and created revolution?   From your standpoint----were they bad or good?  

You do realize that California and most of the west was taking by Generals like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson?  The liberals in the West enjoy statehood and awesome home values because of people that our country now denigrates.  Their monuments are now being taking down because somehow they are historically racist.  Read Robert E. Lee's letters--was he racist or on the wrong side of a centralized government?  If we really want to make things right, give everything west of Missouri back to Mexico!!! Would that not be the right thing to do?  To live in the now is to remove historical context which is a short cut to thinking.  Mexico until 2021 did not do abortion except for certain reasons.  

As far as the coat hangers.   Exacerbating what happens when some laws are enacted is not sad. Its a commentary. Searching for equality is not sad, but sometimes it takes words that inflame others to see the importance of what could happen and the current philosophical distortions that are now common place in our sound bite society!!! 

Do not think you know my real opinion?  You have only read the seeds I have planted.  From your response...my seeds are growing. 

If anything is taking from my words---know you do not know how I think unless you ask----and my words are a satire of the ignorance I see in our politic that follows news clips rather than taking the time to read and understand deeper philosophical views that can guide but never offer a path.  

I agree with Mango-stop watching TV.  Read the words of those who have wonderful minds.  They are in print, but it takes effort to learn.  

Sandflea----our country is actually pretty stable right now.  You may see it as "We've never been more at odds - with violence and mayhem at every corner."  Immediately tells me you do not know our nation's history!!!!   Forget history and we are bound to repeat it!!!! 

I will offer, I no longer vote.  I am so disenfranchised and the system is diluted with a body politic that no longer cares about the whole and philosophical view of what it means to be a Constitutional Republic.   Most of you all believe we are a democracy.  The news and many politicians bring Democracy up all the time.  WTF are you all talking about?   Does anyone here....I know several do, but really, anyone know the difference with out Wiki it what the difference between a Constitutional Republic vs Democracy is and why it may be important to know. 

Sandflea, please do not also assume you know my feelings about rape.  I find it odd you see rape as something women experience--with pregnancy.  I had three babysitters--all cute females take liberties.   As a equal society----what can I do to find justice as a man? Most would giggle at me.   

We live pretty close to each other.  I would buy you dinner to discuss deep fundamentals. Only thing I ask, don't attack me personally.  You never walked in my shoes!!!  And yes, I am semi-single-----divorced---your words suggest I somehow deserved it.  That is crossing lines you have no knowledge of.  That is a personal jab that I would condemn.  If it makes you feel good...those words made me cry and fucked up my day.       

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I live in a democracy. Right now I’m voting no on finding a thanksgiving biological babysitter and she’s voting yes on the Atlanta shows. I live in a democracy. If I lived in a republic I’d have to elect someone to represent me. I definitely wouldn’t elect Tea to represent me or I’d get 3 shows a year. If I elected MC to represent me I’d see them all. So I’ll stick with my democracy. It fits me better. 

• Forum MVP

It's not indifference anymore. This conversation has run its course people are just posting to read their own words at this point. Saying things for shock value. Hey look at me I'm so smart. It's not going anywhere other than around and around. Please don't dominate the rap Jack. 

I still strongly suggest we get back to the music but I'm done with this thread myself. Call it indifference or ignorance if you want but I won't click here again. It's a waste of my time and my energy and my intellect. 

Coming coming coming around 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

It's not indifference anymore. This conversation has run its course people are just posting to read their own words at this point. Saying things for shock value. Hey look at me I'm so smart. It's not going anywhere other than around and around. 

I read this thread for entertainment and to explore the hypocrisy within myself and others.

What I don't get is people creating alter ego profiles because they don't have the balls to speak their mind as themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, cnjBrian said:

I read this thread for entertainment and to explore the hypocrisy within myself and others.

What I don't get is people creating alter ego profiles because they don't have the balls to speak their mind as themselves.

Brian , you would be very surprised to know who some of them are , trust me.

edit - you would also be disappointed to find out who some of them are.

edit - but you’ve been here long enough to know who they are, everyone else will have to figure it out on their own 😉