Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

So, I’m sifting through all the articles about the Raiders news this week. Their team meeting before the Detroit game had the new coach talk about how when he was a player, his Giants beat undefeated New England to win the Super Bowl. McDaniels walked up to His replacement and said, “Don’t you talk about New England like that.” 
     Yea, I would have thrown him out of my place of business too. Kudos to Davis for realizing his mistake and ending the pain. It had me thinking about the scene from The Godfather where Michael had every one who had crossed him killed while he’s at the baptism. Somebody needs to make a utube video of the soundtrack from that scene played over top of video of Davis firing the guy who threw those lousy passes against Detroit, his boss, his boss, his boss, but not himself. 
   “It’s not the people you fire that drives you crazy, it’s the people you don’t.”

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

How bout them Cowboys

Dak just doesn't deliver with the ball and chance to win. 

Tell me. When Dak got the ball at the end of the 4th, did anyone actually think the cowboys were going to win?

you mean the rookie TE that didn’t stretch it across for a TD. The false start then the RT whiff. Dak carried this average offense. He carried an offense who can’t run the ball at all. You won at home. Now he’s 8-4 against the eagles. He still owns you. 

• Forum MVP

I don't know if 8 and 4 speaks of ownership type dominance but he has performed well against the Eagles no doubt.

Dak was 100 percent the reason the Cowboys were in the game, although Ceedee Lamb a big part of that as well.

On the other hand, the blame for the loss definitely falls on Daks shoulders. QB has to take responsibility for the outcome when you have the ball on the 25 with 30 seconds left down 5. Put us in the end zone we win. The defense has done enough to win the game. The team has put us in position. We need our star QB to make a play. To win the game. If that's mahommes, eagles fans know we already lost but with Dak we not even worried. He won't deliver. 

Im shocked you think Dallas has an average offense but that average offense was in position to win. Just needed a play or two from the QB to seal it.

Did you see Stroud? 

• Forum MVP

The fact is your defense stepped up and beat the right tackle clean for the 4th time. Your defense won the game not him losing it. You guys scored TDs on 4 of your 1st 6 drives. Our defense got us the ball back true but they put us in that bad situation. You got pressure on the QB over 50% of his passes. That’s an insane high number and it’s the same number Tampa did when they destroyed KC. Protect the QB and you can win.

• Forum MVP

Oh trust me. The Eagles won the game. We didn't hold on. We didn't get lucky. We are the better football team. Dak didn't lose the game but he had a chance to win it. He could've won the game but he didn't. You're what we call a Dak apologist. You gonna be super salty with Jerry Jones when Dak ends up with no super bowls because his team was always "average." I bet they win one within 5 years of moving on from Dak. All a matter of when they want to start that clock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 12/5/2023 at 8:39 AM, Rude said:

How bout them eagles. Gonna get whooped again this weekend.

thAt was a seriously poor performance by the eagles. Our rank last in the NFL RT strikes again and allowed the strip sack TD for the only score. Dak wasn’t as sharp as he’d been lately but it was plenty to beat the hapless eagles. Something was wrong with Philly. They didn’t come to play. Heads down early in game. Maybe Hurts was injured. I like beat downs and got another plus hit the straight bet and 2 Cowboys parlays. The only one I lost was 3+ TDs passing and getting tackled at the 1ft line on a nice pass killed that dream but can’t be greedy. Plopped a whole $100 bonus bet on Dallas -3. Giddy up. 

• Forum MVP

My Lions are reverting to my Daddy's Lions.  Can't stop anyone (especially a mobile QB) and giant mistakes at pivotal times in the game.  Hey: Dan Campbell -- I appreciate the stones it takes to go for it on 4th in your own end:  But for the love of God, dial up some better plays.  Teams have tape on the Lions and the coach isn't making any real adjustments that I can see.

They are a playoff team (provided they don't go O-fer the rest of the way) but ain't gonna win a game playing like this.  We need to be rounding into form and instead, we are in a bit of a freefall.  

Coach 'em up, DAN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Everyone but 49ers are limping into the playoffs in the NFC. 3 straight losses for the Eagles makes me smile. It’s been since Oct 22 that the eagles have won by more than a TD. That early season luck in close games isn’t holding. Need Tommy 2 Times to come through for the Giants. He’s getting that nickname after he beats the eagles 2x in the next 3 games. Get those Italian hands ready. 

• Forum MVP

We played worse. We currently are 3rd in history in scoring margin between home and away. 20 a game on the road and 38 at home. We don’t travel. Pathetic road team. Almost thinking about betting Miami next Sunday 

• Forum MVP
21 minutes ago, bs69 said:

Need my Bengals to put the Steelers out of their misery tomorrow!

you guys are playing better without burrow. You always question how good a QB is when the backup comes in and dominates. Eagles won the SB with a backup for Wentz showing that Wentz is actually a bad QB. Your backup is lighting things up with all those weapons in Cincy. We will see how burrow plays returning from large injury number 3 next year. Some QBs bodies are just weak like Romo. He couldn’t handle 300 pound guys smashing his shoulder into the turf without his collarbone breaking. 

• Forum MVP

Saw today that the Dolphins are 0-3 against teams with a winning record. How has a team only played 3 games against teams with a winning record this late in the season? The Bengals have played 9 and have only played 2 games against teams with a losing record

• Forum MVP

Michigan is easy to dislike given the dumb scouting/cheating tactics and goofy lookin head coach.  Vitriol or not - they get a crack at the CFP belt!

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Tea said:

Michigan is easy to dislike given the dumb scouting/cheating tactics and goofy lookin head coach.  Vitriol or not - they get a crack at the CFP belt!

congrats to Michigan. The big 10 needed that after the ultra poor showing so far vs the SEC. Tennessee dominated so badly they almost blew my under bet. If you didn’t know, betting the under in Iowa games was a winner all year and even the 2 lowest o/u lines in the last 20 years went under. Death taxes and Iowa on the under. Rare to see under 27.5 hit and that was the lowest line in a few decades vs one of the multitude of big 10 west scrubs. I think BS69 and I were lamenting our gambling habits b/c we were watching like the Iowa northwestern game that no football lover should ever watch and we really didn’t even have to b/c it wasn’t even close to going over. If you are an aspiring punter, you get to see in essence a seasons worth of punts in a single game. When you set punting records, the OC loses his job and will never get another OC job again.  Dude may be a QB coach or WR assistant but I can guarantee he’s never ever ever getting a head coaching or offensive coordinator job in D1 ever again. Power 5 experience. Check. Division champs check. Have to score 24+ a game to keep your job written into his contract. Nope. 16 a game. 

• Forum MVP
On 1/2/2024 at 4:11 PM, Rude said:

congrats to Michigan. The big 10 needed that after the ultra poor showing so far vs the SEC. Tennessee dominated so badly they almost blew my under bet. If you didn’t know, betting the under in Iowa games was a winner all year and even the 2 lowest o/u lines in the last 20 years went under. Death taxes and Iowa on the under. Rare to see under 27.5 hit and that was the lowest line in a few decades vs one of the multitude of big 10 west scrubs. I think BS69 and I were lamenting our gambling habits b/c we were watching like the Iowa northwestern game that no football lover should ever watch and we really didn’t even have to b/c it wasn’t even close to going over. If you are an aspiring punter, you get to see in essence a seasons worth of punts in a single game. When you set punting records, the OC loses his job and will never get another OC job again.  Dude may be a QB coach or WR assistant but I can guarantee he’s never ever ever getting a head coaching or offensive coordinator job in D1 ever again. Power 5 experience. Check. Division champs check. Have to score 24+ a game to keep your job written into his contract. Nope. 16 a game. 

I'm going to miss cashing in those weekly unders. Unlike SEC fans,  as a fan of tOSU I hope Washington crushes TTUN

• Forum MVP
On 1/5/2024 at 7:38 PM, bs69 said:

I'm going to miss cashing in those weekly unders. Unlike SEC fans,  as a fan of tOSU I hope Washington crushes TTUN

when Florida won those couple basketball championships in the 2000’s no Kentucky fan was rooting for them to win. Unlike you with football Kentucky has no real standing in that sport but in hoops we don’t want our enemies to win it all. If I was an auburn football fan I’d definitely have rooted for Michigan but having no real dog in that hunt, I’ve admired how saban has run that team and even in years Georgia was better got their goat in the sec champ game. Best coach of our generation and doubt there would even be a debate. After the Texas loss with no real QB somehow they turn the season around and start cashing against the spread weekly. KY went legal gambling right when Dallas, Alabama and Michigan were covering the spreads at an 80% clip. So lucky on that timing. Betting Ohio state has been my Achilles heel. We had a bookie the year they started 0-6 ATS and kept thinking this time this time. I’m gonna miss college football betting. My fav sport to watch and bet. 

• Forum MVP

Well best college coach of our generation wouldn't get a debate. Best coach of our generation is clearly Bill Belicheck. College football is a rigged system. Yes the SEC and Alabama dominate because they get the better players. The nfl tries to even the playing field with salary caps and drafts position and such. Patriots dominate in a way we may never see again.

• Forum MVP
43 minutes ago, Tom Banjo said:

Well best college coach of our generation wouldn't get a debate. Best coach of our generation is clearly Bill Belicheck. College football is a rigged system. Yes the SEC and Alabama dominate because they get the better players. The nfl tries to even the playing field with salary caps and drafts position and such. Patriots dominate in a way we may never see again.

How bout them eagles. Finishing strong!!