Drums >
Space > 

Dear Mr. Fantasy >

Days between >

Satisfaction 

E. Black Muddy River

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I realized tonight I'm a little rusty in the DSO show department, I'm really out of practice. So I'm glad I attended! The sound was really good at key locations. The crowd was pretty good, which made me happy.

I wasn't able to leave Lex until around 6, so I arrived just prior to Mississippi Half Step. It was polished with all the right notes and high points.  I didn't realize it was halfway through the set until they played Johnny B. Good. Chimes of Freedom was close to perfection. The slipknot was where I finally was finding my groove and it was a great jam. Weirdly enough, the Feel Like a Stranger "may" have been the best ensemble playing of that song I've seen the band do. It was really strong. I really enjoyed the Sunshine through the rest of the set. The Sunshine gives me the grooves that I need, and the gentle jam as Sunshine dissipated into drums was what I come to the DSO shows for. The beam & drums were awesome, the jams & space were my bread & butter, and the Dear Mr. Fantasy rocking. They band with much precision eased a transition into Days Between instead of Hey Jude, and that may be the first one I've seen DSO do, so I felt lucky-it was well performed.

The Satisfaction was a great rock song and the Black Muddy River sublime. I'm always curiously fearful of new venues, but this one was pretty decent, with one exception: the alcohol pricing. Yikes!

Looking forward to the Jubilee!

• Like (+1) 3