Jubilee night 1 23

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

I think I heard them say the show was Carbondale 79. But man my head must be a confused because I think the set list was a little off. But I think just a little off I can't remember the end of the first set for the life of me.

• Don't Ease Me In
    Mama Tried
    Mexicali Blues
    Jack-a-Roe
    Looks Like Rain
    They Love Each Other
    New Minglewood Blues
    Stagger Lee
    Cassidy
    Peggy-O
    Music Never Stopped

Scarlet Begonias
    Fire on the Mountain
    Dancin' in the Streets
    drums
    Black Peter
    I Need a Miracle
    Bertha
    Good Lovin'

U.S. Blues

love the one your with

great show but seriously guys love the one your with. It's a little played out at this point. 

fantastic time. So many good friends and good people. Love this event. It's like coming home. Thanksgiving Christmas. When the whole family gets together for better or worse and almost always for the better.

We did have a funny one though. So our baby sitter got into an argument with a drunk lady cursing in front of the kids. Making the kids feel uncomfortable. He told me about it when we got back to the home base. I thought nothing of it really. At the end of the show the lady comes back and proceeds to tell Frank that she doesn't have to go anywhere. She's entitled to this space. If he wants her to leave go get security. To the point where we did have to get some staff involved. The whole situation was comical to me really. It's like she was looking for a fight looking to be combative. When I go see DSO I like to have a good time. I could care less whether I was entitled to this space. If the space was full of drama I just wouldn't enter it. No idea what made her feel like she had to come back and stand her ground. 

Don't get me wrong. I've had my fair share of public blowouts with loved ones and friends. But never in my life did I go out of my way to try to start a fight with some stranger that doesn't mean diddly squat to me in the longrun.

we'll vent over. So much fun dancing to this one.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

This was the first Don't Ease since before the hiatus, and it never left the rotation again.  

I recall a story that Jerry was uncommonly fucked up before the show, apparently on some pills or something, and there was concern about him getting onstage.  But of course he rallies, to the point of opening the show with an amazingly appropriate bust out!

• Like (+1) 2

Listen to the stagger Lee on the original show 2/7/1979, then compare it to the stagger lee a week before. I’ve never heard Garcia so slow before or after. 

DSO did a fantastic job, but the set list they played was:

Set 1: Don't Ease Me In ; Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues ; Jack-a-Roe ; Looks Like Rain ; They Love Each Other ; New Minglewood Blues ; Stagger Lee ; I Need A Miracle > Bertha

Set 2: Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; Dancing In The Street > drums > Black Peter > Good Lovin'

Encore: U.S. Blues

Filler: Love the One You're With

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
55 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

So from Steve Parish’s book, it says that right before the show Rock Scully had four valium in his hand, and Jerry grabbed them and took them all before hitting the stage. And there it all began…

“SPPPRRROOOONNNGGG!”

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

So from Steve Parish’s book, it says that right before the show Rock Scully had four valium in his hand, and Jerry grabbed them and took them all before hitting the stage. And there it all began…

thats like slugging a pint of whiskey. With no tolerance, not sure how he could play. 

• Forum MVP
On 5/30/2023 at 11:58 AM, LangeradoSoul said:

Listen to the stagger Lee on the original show 2/7/1979, then compare it to the stagger lee a week before. I’ve never heard Garcia so slow before or after. 

DSO did a fantastic job, but the set list they played was:

Set 1: Don't Ease Me In ; Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues ; Jack-a-Roe ; Looks Like Rain ; They Love Each Other ; New Minglewood Blues ; Stagger Lee ; I Need A Miracle > Bertha

Set 2: Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; Dancing In The Street > drums > Black Peter > Good Lovin'

Encore: U.S. Blues

Filler: Love the One You're With

That was how I was recollecting it.  
the harmonies DSO gets are divine. I’ll say it again and again. Bravo! One of my favorite points was the way Jeff belted out the fever rolling down on Black Peter. Called ahead the LLR . I just had this feeling a couple might just jump in the back of the tealiight lit covered truck bed  and that would’ve been the tempting song for side stage. Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...