Drums>

Alligator (with Mountain Jam)>

The Wheel>

All Along the Watchtower>

Going Down the Road Feeling Bad>

Morning Dew

Lonesome and a Long Way From Home

• Like (+1) 2

Tonight was killer. I had a lot more fun, felt acclimated to the altitude and spent the whole night down in the first few rows twirling around in circles 😄. After another short rain delay, the sun came out bright and hot. The band came out breathing fire right out of the gate, and the crowd really felt electric and fully into it. Lisa killed it on Strange Man, really enjoyed hearing Liberty and So Many Roads, it’s been a while since I’ve seen either song played. Skip started off on oxygen in Tom Thumb’s, love his substitutions in there and this one was great.

The crowd was really into the “spent a little time on the mountain” line. Alligator was a lot of fun, and Mountain Jam was a nice treat. Was, of course, as always, hoping for the Dew, and it felt like its arrival was being foreshadowed throughout the second set with some of the 80s pre Dew songs. Gimme Some Lovin, Wheel and Watchtower had me feeling like maybe it could be coming and it was a surprise to get it out of GDTRFB. The Morning Dew was perfect with Jeff nailing the vocals with emotion. Skip was also killing it all night and was laying out the big bombs during Dew. Really enjoyed being down in front and watching the band when I was able keep the front of my body aimed at the stage, resting up tonight and hoping to drive to Yellowstone early tomorrow morning, that was fun😁

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

1st set closing sequence looks bonkers!  Any show with an Alligator is a good and welcome sign - why not toss in a Mountain Jam for good measure?  Ok - a Dew too!  Looks like the peak of fun 🤩 

Thank you, Hardpan

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Was, of course, as always, hoping for the Dew, and it felt like its arrival was being foreshadowed throughout the second set with some of the 80s pre Dew songs. Gimme Some Lovin, Wheel and Watchtower had me feeling like maybe it could be coming and it was a surprise to get it out of GDTRFB.

Jerry held out 56 shows on me with the Dew,

I felt the foreshadow that night in Charlotte

when the streak ended,

Thanks Hardpan and enjoy the Sunday show.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 1

After nursing sciatic during the first night second night was pleasurably awesome! Hey Pocky way set the funky energy as an opener and half step set the groove for a smooth flowing night. Lisa as always knocked it out of the park with strange man.THANK YOU LISA! Corrina Alligator Mountain Jam  Dew perfect night. Wyoming has a very chill deadheads that added to the vibe. We had a great time dancing and listening to a band Beyond description. Why would we want to see anybody else?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

This was one of those not to miss shows. I know you all know what I'm talking about. One you feel lucky to catch one it hurts a little to miss. Don't gets me wrong you can't live life worried about what you miss but even just looking at the list sometimes. I'm like damn Whitney we picked the wrong weekend to miss or we should've stayed for the Monday night show. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I like Hardpan complimenting the band getting everyone into the teton mountains, when I told my college skiing friend who now lives in Nashville he couldn't believe how reasonable they were. I always thought DSO keep good pricing. I remember doing a 5 night boulder Denver run and yay-hoos were up in arms about $25.00 tickets. I reminded them how good they were and $25.00 for a two setter night in an intimate settings with the caliber of the other fans was ridiculous. Well I guess it's rapping up about now and hopefully we'll get the kind posts like the 1st and 2nd shows. Thanks for mentioning the sunset during the start of the second set. Reminded me of that Scarlet Fire at Annie's outdoors by the river with the sun being scarlet and going 🔥.

3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

So many gems and a mix ofome all eras represented.

Esp with the Jerry Band Roses and ending Lonesome to send everyone out into the lot together. They few times I caught one it was a show stopper with smiles and good spirits all about 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Weather Command said:

2nd Show was TOP shelf :) Band was feeling it!! What a great venue! Thank you to the crew and band. I know how much work there was to lug all the equipment up in the Gondola. I truly hope you will be back next summer! WOW!!!!

I’d love to do a week up there!! I’d also love to know about the dates in January. I think camping reservations in Yosemite go live in February. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tom Banjo said:

We loved the area so much we going back with the kids Labor Day weekend. 

I’ve never been but you could explore Yellowstone for weeks and only do a fraction. We did 3 days 2 nights in Yosemite during west coast summer tour 2018 and had a blast. National parks are only like $25 a day to primitive camp in. With limited time and a bum ankle we drove the main drag to see all the main sites and spent lots of therapy time up to my knees in ice cold streams. It seems almost criminal to not spend extra days up there besides the show. I bet that place was packed with tourists being the biggest vacation week of the summer and likely would have been a bitch to drive through with so many cars. When Jonathan is old enough to appreciate stuff like that we will do a couple week road trip of national parks and camp. We are lucky to have such an amazing parks system here in the states that makes it affordable for all to visit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...