2023-11-24 @ The Paramount, Huntington, NY

Tea

• Forum MVP

Original Recipe

Set 1: Let The Good Times Roll ; Rubin And Cherise ; Black Throated Wind ; Ramble On Rose ; Pride Of Cucamonga ; Cassidy ; Jack-a-Roe ; Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication ; Believe It Or Not ; Feel Like A Stranger

Set 2: Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; It Hurts Me Too ; Corrina > Till The Morning Comes > drums > space > The Last Time > China Doll > Shakedown Street

Encore: I Am The Walrus

Shakedown Street to close the set is pretty cool!  I woulda thanked my lucky stars that there was a ballad to precede it given the energy requirements to make it through

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to in my life. The band was bland -- they never seemed to find their groove. Whoever did the lighting for the show spent more time shining the stage lights into our eyes up in the balcony than lighting the band. We spend half the night with our eyes closed.

The set list was just disappointing. They played more songs (five) that the GD played 7 or fewer times in their career than they did 300 or more times (three). Ruben and Cherise (4x), Pride of Cucamonga (0x), Believe it or Not (7x), Till the Morning Comes (6x), and I am the Walrus (0x). Compared to Ramble on Rose (319x), Cassidy (339x), and Scarlet (317x). Not including Drums>Space.

Speaking of Drums>Space, the show was so bad, that fully 1/4 of the balcony walked out at that point, and never came back. The leaving is understandable, people get a beer, use the bathroom, but to never come back to their seats shows they were disappointed in the show, too. 

• LMAO 1

I’ve wondered before what a non or less than casual fan might think of some of my favorite songs and jams (believe it or not, Pride, Rueben, drums/space) and it looks like now I know. 

but if I walk through a balcony and see a group of people with their eyes closed, I will no longer assume they are having a blast 

but seriously, what were you expecting? It’s not a Taylor swift concert 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’d be more shocked in New York if at least 1/4 of the crowd didn’t leave during drums space. In the Midwest no one leaves early besides Chicago but that’s pretty much the norm in big cities. It gives the real fans more room to dance.  Sorry you thought you were getting a greatest hits show where they play the most played dead songs every night. It’s why you go to more than 1 show. They don’t do repeats on 3 day runs and you have a near 50% shot of hearing the songs you want to hear. I’d suggest messaging the band to request a set list next time. Someone must have requested all those songs to make it in the setlist. Maybe they beat you to the request line. I enjoy hearing pride of cucamonga. I just want the band to play Willin’. I’m gonna send that into the request line next time I’m seeing them. The dead played that none but I’m sure most would enjoy it. 

6 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

but seriously, what were you expecting? It’s not a Taylor swift concert 

swiftheads are exactly like deadheads. Plus she banged John Mayer who’s Jerry Garcia reincarnate. Pretty sure saw her wearing one of those $800 designer dead hoodies which means she’s a real deadhead. I wear generally nothing dead related to shoes b/c I’m a poser like Tea who’s trend I followed. Dress like you don’t belong there. I think meili wore this all white prom dress to a show and it was freaking drenched by the end. 

• LMAO 1