24/3/16 @ The F.M Kirby Center, Wilkes-Barre, PA

Tea

• Forum MVP

78/12/21 @ The Summit, Houston, TX

Jack Straw, Dire Wolf, Cassidy, Stagger Lee, Mama Tried-> Mexicali Blues, Friend Of The Devil, It's All Over Now, Brown Eyed Women, Passenger, Peggy-O, The Music Never Stopped

I Need A Miracle-> Bertha-> Good Lovin', From The Heart Of Me, Terrapin Station-> Playin' In The Band-> Drums-> Black Peter-> Playin' In The Band-> Sugar Magnolia

F:?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Many times as show opener also, if my fried brain serves me correctly. Dark Star had a few Bertha>Good Lovin’ combinations in their set lists a little while back which triggered some investigation on my part. Bertha rocks, one of my favorites, going back to my beginnings. Always loved watching the crowd bounce to that one. ….and Good Lovin’, come on, that’s Bobby channeling PigPen. Even a blind man knows when the sun is shining, cuz he can FEEL it…..!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Heed that link above - count2's database is powerful and bad ass!

I was surprised to see that there was a set 2 Bertha -> Good Lovin' in '93... and there was a show opener of it in '89.

The penultimate set 2 sequence, 11-2-84, is post space and features the greatest Bertha ever, IMHO. Absolutely love that BCT show.. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Further research courtesy of count2:

On 9-1-79 Bertha -> Good Lovin' closed a 2nd set, whereupon the next 13 iterations proceeded to also close the last set. Culminating with the final closer on that 11-2-84 BCT show. It there would only be one more in set 2, that '93 Meadowlands show. Fascinating, for geeks at least. 

Also, there were 27 Need a Miracle -> Bertha -> Good Lovin', beginning shortly after 3 passes of a Miracle set 1 closer followed by a Bertha -> Good Lovin' set 2 opener. Took a few tries for them get it just exactly perfect. 😁

• Like (+1) 2