Where Did The "furthur" Thread Go?

Sister Bluebird

there are some things about the new software that i haven't quite figured out yet, to my embarrassment. i went to look at the "furthur" thread, the one where lookyloo told us he had changed his mind and we could now post about furthur, but i can't find it. i went to looky's page to find it in his post listing, but i can't find it there either. i know it must be somewhere obvious... can anyone steer me there? thanks.

icon12.gif

i received a pm from mike that he had deleted the thread in an effort to restore peace to the valley. another thread is also gone.

mike, i know you asked me to keep this private, and i will keep your words and the other items you discussed private. but deleting threads is a very public matter. that is our history. those are our words. yes, it's ron's board, but that is the akashic record of an entire tribe. how can you take it upon yourself to revise it?

i see you buffeted around by what seem to be invisible controlling forces. who approved you deleting these threads?

icon12.gif

Sweet. Hadn't posted in 2 weeks. I finally do and that thread gets deleted. Have a nice life people. Buh Bye.

don't leave bert. i haven't listened to dso in 2 weeks. they used to be 85% of my listening time. if you do the math, that is more than furthur, more than the dead, and more than reo speedwagon.

alrighty then, band. who's going to play winston churchill and save britain before it's too late?

I was able to retrieve the Furthur thread but not the other one.

This forum is rapidly turning into .org/phil zone, and I'm tired of it. If you can't treat each other with respect get the fuck out! there are plenty of places you will fit in.

If you don't like furthur then don't worry about what is posted about them.

Bobbymcgee - If you don't like the way I organize things and think you can do better you can have it, I have a lot more to worry about than these forums! Or you can always run off with redeyedbert.

I was able to retrieve the Furthur thread but not the other one.

This forum is rapidly turning into .org/phil zone, and I'm tired of it. If you can't treat each other with respect get the fuck out! there are plenty of places you will fit in.

If you don't like furthur then don't worry about what is posted about them.

Bobbymcgee - If you don't like the way I organize things and think you can do better you can have it, I have a lot more to worry about than these forums! Or you can always run off with redeyedbert.

The funny thing is it seems like most of the posts concerning Furthur are from the people that seem to not like them or hold some sort of resentment towards them. Also seems to be some of the same people concerned about the "bandwidth" issue. If this is the case.......stop posting about it and using up the bandwidth! ;) ......just one persons opinion of course.

• Forum MVP

"we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..."

There will always be an England.

• Forum MVP

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where Bobby said anything about the organization of these forums, or anything at all for that matter.

• Advisory Board

As a point or two of clarification...

Whoever starts a thread has the technical ability to either "Close the Thread" or "Delete the Thread". Those choices are found at the bottom of the page under the drop down menu "Topic Moderation". I believe this is the case for anyone who starts a thread, not just someone who is a moderator of the Forums. People just don't exercise those options very often.

Also, the Band really never weighs in on what goes on in the Forums. They just don't exercise editorial control or a heavy hand or in my experience any hand at all. TR runs the place, it's his place! Of course the Band is always highly respected around here and I'm sure that if they did have a desire to weigh in on something that they would be listened to rather attentively, after all the Forums is dedicated as a place where we can come together around DSO. The Advisory Board also really doesn't have any editorial control. We just get together mostly to try and put out fires and preserve peace and harmony when unrest rears its head.

So believe it or not, Mike as the author of that thread deleted it himself, as any thread author can do. As far as I know no one is telling him what to do or whispering in his ear. He is just acting like a guy who really loves DSO, follows the Forums intensely, and is following his conscience where it leads him.

And on that note again we all need to give TR a BIG thanks for this place. It's his labor of love and he has set the tone of civility and freedom that seperates our Forum from so many others. And don't forget to donate and any "bandwidth" issues will be solved.

Dr. B B)

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where Bobby said anything about the organization of these forums, or anything at all for that matter.

It was in another thread

................in this mess of political/egotistical/nonsensical/non meaningful rules and guidelines to posting, you forum police cant even follow your own rules.

as it states under the description of the other bands forum:

"This forum is for anything you want to discuss about any band other than DSO"

if you want to make this a place with specific rules and regulations to where and what your post can contain you need to follow your own rules. Making rules to enforce and the disregarding them yourselves makes yourselves and the forums seem exclusive and elitist. (we run this forum and we tell you where you can or can't post certain information, but its our show) if i hadn't been posting here already there is no way i would feel like i should try and join this community with all the bickering over where or what i can even post. dso won't grow through the exclusiveness of its fans

EDITED

Ya know what - FUCK-IT I don't have to explain myself. Time for me to retire.

Ron first and formost you are to YOUNG to retire and I for one would SADLY miss you , THANK YOU for all you do for this DSO forum , we all need to just STOP all the BS and get along , this is getting crazy if we don't like a post don't read it there are many BIGGER problems in the world so we all should be very GRATEFUL for what we have . Iam on the DSO BUS that what works for me ,I was wrong for stating my negative feeling towards FURTHUR i have more then paid my dues on seeing the GD since 77 and DSO since 01 .I wish everyone nothing but the BEST .Peace Dave :dsorocks:

Ron, I've never met you but I do thank you for making this forum possible. I appreciate the general civility of this place and hope we can all keep trying to get along. Let's all play nice and respect each other's opinions.

Thanks again Ron for doing what you do.

• Forum MVP

Time for me to retire.

I am sorry, sir, but your retirement has not be solicited and it is not accepted.

What we seem to have here is something of a generation gap (remember that?) but what we have in common far, FAR outweighs the significance of our differences. And our board is a model of decorum compared to certain others we all know. I like to believe that each and every poster here is aware of what unites us; flareups are because we are passionate.

And it is thanks to TR that we are able to come here in the first place (well, OK, the second place after DNC but that was in a universe long ago and far away).

Onward, through the fog. Shanti, y'all.

• Forum MVP

DSO Forums are no where near the mess that are .org and the zone... there are posts every now and then that get to that level but they are worked out nice and calmly..

I think all the drama that has come with the transition for DSO and Furthur will settle... Deadheads are known for being critical... but in due time I think it will all start to find it's balance.

TR, thank you for making this place! don't go away!

• Forum MVP

i think people just complain wayyy too much in my humble opinion.

i also think that people talk about how much better this board is better than philzone or ratdog.org, which it is... but i get it and am very grateful, so let's just do what starheads do instead gloating about how cool we are and stroking our cocks.

having said that, i love reading all of your opinions and only want to frequent this board for very obvious reasons. let's keep the peace, share opinions, and coexist with everything in the GD world (the good, the bad, and the ugly)

i say anymore i would be arguing against my point (if i didn't already start.)

TR - Thank you so much for everything you do and allowing us to discuss anything GD and beyond. I'll be making my donation once i get my tax return...

• Advisory Board

The AUTHOR of the thread he or she created has every right to delete or lock the thread if he doesn't like something, or the way its going... EVERYONE has the power to do that...

That beind said, if someone on here with "admin power" decides to close a thread in which he or she did not write, is infact censorship, which I HIGHLY am against. We as Deadheads are very critical, and unfortunatly a little bit babiesh when it comes to people disagreeing with their personal opinions. I truly hope that there is no censorship with thread activited going on with people with total control over thread deleteion. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone because I do not know the whole story, BUT I will say that as a member of the Advisory Board, we look out for EVERYONE's intrest in this fine upstanding board, which fully suprasses the Phil Zone, or .org in manners of locking and removing threads where heated argurements come into play. The more members we aquire on a daily basis is gonna bring new personalities, and opinions to this board. That's the price of a growing message board. The more the members, the more the opinions, which we may or may not agree/disagree with.

We are all Deadheads on this board, and as a family, we are going to have arguements... period... we need to just let shit roll off our backs if we do not like what we are reading. Being critical of Taper Ron and how he runs this board is something the old man is gonna have to get used to, and I think he's done a great deal of good over the years with this place. Being that HE puts alot of heart and soul into this board, on his own dime, minus the monies that people send to support the board. It's almost a full time job keeping the spammers out of our way, filtering out the new users with ones that want to truely be here or just ones who want to cause problems.

Let's all just get along like we have for the last 5 years people... we have something special here and we need to keep it that way.... tolerance people... tolerance.. you see something you don't like, I suggest you PM taper ron and let him know your concerns before you post in the public eye lambasting the man who makes this all possible for us all to share our love, sadness, happiness, joy, and friendship with having seen this band 'X' amount of times....

Keep it nice people, or we will alll be without a home to call our own soon....

Just another voice of thanks to TR for creating the best, most professional GD related forum. It is a tribute to the superior organization with abilities to multiply quote, etc, that threads can develop so passionately. (The spectrum of views and personalities of the members helps as well).

Just another voice of thanks to TR for creating the best, most professional GD related forum. It is a tribute to the superior organization with abilities to multiply quote, etc, that threads can develop so passionately. (The spectrum of views and personalities of the members helps as well).

Taper Ron-

Another voice to add my thanks for all you do to keep this place up & running!

Keep up the good work & don't let the negativity bring you down!

Peace,

Rob

Or you can always run off with redeyedbert.

I might have overreacted. Ron, if I'm going to run off, I'm a running off solo. Don't be inviting people to my run off, lol.

Yesterday when I came across this deleted post I got mad. I thought it was censorship. I didn't realize the rules about deleting ones own thread. It's not like I was serious. It took me a whole 14 hours with sleep to immediately find my way back.

I'm a Grateful Dead fan. Because of that I found DSO. Because of these boards I found Furthur. Sure I would have found them without the DSO boards, but my love for DSO meant I was excited about JK getting a chance to play with Bobby and Phil. I think we were all excited back then. Back then I thought he would play with both DSO and Furthur. Seems like a long time ago.

Anyway, I've felt that I am some sort of traitor around here because I dig Furthur. I've been waiting for someone to call me out because my first post wasn't until September of 09. I've always been more of a lurker, rarely a poster. Until this forum. It's a good forum. It

• Forum MVP

Yes... redeyebert I agree with you. I've said this once before... but I've heard people at a Furthur show talk about how they need to see DSO.. After seeing John play they were obviously blown away and of course realized the rest of DSO must be as good.

DSO Forums are no where near the mess that are .org and the zone... there are posts every now and then that get to that level but they are worked out nice and calmly..

Overall, I agree, I just feel there are too many posts that are hateful towards individuals - on this one subject. I am not saying you have to like or agree with everyone, I would just appreciate a little civility.

That said, my apologies to bobbymcgee & redeyedbert for my language & "tone of voice".

Regarding deleting Topics: This was an oversight on my part, it has never been my intent for anyone (Except Lookyloo & myself) to delete anyone elses posts, only there own. I am in the process of rectifying this. The only time Looky or I will delete posts is in case of spam.

• Forum MVP

I might have overreacted. Ron, if I'm going to run off, I'm a running off solo. Don't be inviting people to my run off, lol.

Yesterday when I came across this deleted post I got mad. I thought it was censorship. I didn't realize the rules about deleting ones own thread. It's not like I was serious. It took me a whole 14 hours with sleep to immediately find my way back.

I'm a Grateful Dead fan. Because of that I found DSO. Because of these boards I found Furthur. Sure I would have found them without the DSO boards, but my love for DSO meant I was excited about JK getting a chance to play with Bobby and Phil. I think we were all excited back then. Back then I thought he would play with both DSO and Furthur. Seems like a long time ago.

Anyway, I've felt that I am some sort of traitor around here because I dig Furthur. I've been waiting for someone to call me out because my first post wasn't until September of 09. I've always been more of a lurker, rarely a poster. Until this forum. It's a good forum. It

Guest deadheadmike

just so everyone understands ... I deleted my own two threads of my own free will withut any input from anyone , and it seems to have ended up to be only one , I must have goofed on the clicking or something ... no one asked me to do so , I took upon myself to delete as the author of the threads and clean up , an option that all members are or maybe now were allowed to do ... if TR changes the option , I will of course respect it ...

Peace In The East ...

Welcome Back , Tom !!! smile.gif

• Forum MVP

just so everyone understands ... I deleted my own two threads of my own free will withut any input from anyone , and it seems to have ended up to be only one , I must have goofed on the clicking or something ... no one asked me to do so , I took upon myself to delete as the author of the threads and clean up , an option that all members are or maybe now were alowed to do ... if TR changes the option , I will of course respect it ...

Peace In The East ...

Welcome Back , Tom !!! smile.gif

And out West, too.

Archived