Taper Ron

Taper Ron

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad to hear news of your accident TR!! I'm relieved to hear that you seem to be past the worst and are on the mend!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a return to doing what you love. THIS was certainly not what you needed during your well deserved break..

My personal thought on motorcycles:

After giving it a little considerations as to whether this is appropriate here, I decided to go ahead and make a little editorial comment about motorcycles for those who are current riders or are considering taking it up . I lost a dear friend in a horrible accident, about 15 years ago, and have had another few friends seriously injured in crashes over the years. Another friend from high school spent a few decades completely paralyzed before finally dying a couple of years ago. I'm sure the years of having a body he couldn't do anything with was the cause of his heart finally giving out. I never rode motorcycles, which I suppose can be attributed to significant degree by my uncle. He was a physician and always called them "murdercycles", Before I was old enought to drive, he told me about the mayhem he saw in the hospital on a reglar basis and begged me not to ride. It's not that I'm adverse to taking risks, as I have been involved in some fairly dangerous activites such as handgliding and big wave surfing. It's just that these seem to at least give the perception that I'm in control--not at the mercy of some distracted or drunk driving who slams into me without warning. Anyway, sorry if this commentary is not appropriate, and I'm the last person to who wants to tell people what to do. However, I do believe in full disclosure and if this encourages just one person to at least put on a helmet, I'm glad to have stated it. It may just save a life.

One fact about motorcycles: No matter who is at fault, You Lose.

I just read of this today for the first time. Very Sad but great news that Ron is improving.

The exact same type accident happened to my older brother about 20 years ago. He was a wild man and had walked away from several totaled vehicles, had laid his bike down many many times with nary a scratch. One day he washed his bike and rode around his neighborhood to "dry it off". Woman ran a stop sign and T-Bones him crushing his ankle and lower leg. Took lots of surgeries and physical therapy but he came out of it healthy and happy and lives a very productive life. And yes he rides again. In fact, he sold is bike after the accident and several years later hunted it down and bought it back.

All the best to you Ron. We love you and miss you.

Ron is doing a lot better. My niece has started a facebook account for his recovery. His facebook email address is checkonron@yahoo.com. If you want to add him as a friend, send a request and I will get you added. Be sure to mention DSO so I can let my niece know to add you if she checks first. If you don't have a facebook account and want to check out his pictures follow this link. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000984682160

Wayne

Grate News!!!!!!!!!!!!! Continued prayers and positive vibes to Ron and his family.

Plan change

Ron will not be going to Skill Nursing Care on Tues. He will be staying at KS Rehab another week. I have found a nice place that he and my mom can live together. I took care of the paper work today. I am going to start moving in some things tomorrow. Ron should be released from rehab next week, hopefully on Mon. It is a real nice retirement apartments. They will not have to do any cooking, I have eaten there and the food is excellent. They will be on the third floor with a beautiful view. There are a lot of activities for both. I am sure they will both be very happy there. I have taken mom to see it and taken pictures to Ron to see.

More to come when I have more.

• Advisory Board

. I have found a nice place that he and my mom can live together. I took care of the paper work today. I am going to start moving in some things tomorrow. Ron should be released from rehab next week, hopefully on Mon. It is a real nice retirement apartments. They will not have to do any cooking, I have eaten there and the food is excellent. They will be on the third floor with a beautiful view. There are a lot of activities for both. I am sure they will both be very happy there. I have taken mom to see it and taken pictures to Ron to see.

More to come when I have more.

Thank you so much for everything you are doing. I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say that you have done such wonderful and loving things for your brother, and our beloved Taper Ron. We can not thank you enough for keeping us updated on Ron's status and sending our love for him from the magical world of Internet Land.

I'm so very happy that Ron and your mother will be in a great place, where they can both enjoy their lives. Give your brother a big old hug and kiss from me... Love ya TR's Bother!

This is wonderful, encouraging, and uplifting news. This next transition is truly a testament to TR's hard work and diligence. It can't be easy.

Thank you Wayne, and much continued love and support to you TR.

Kira

• Forum MVP

TR, I can't imagine a better recovery scenario for you than to hang with your Mom and bask in the love and support only she can provide. Hey, your brother's no slouch either!! Keep up the grate work 'ol keeper of the flame!!

• Forum MVP

This is very good news. I thought your family here loved you a lot Ron, the love of your brother and mother is just amazing. You are one lucky man who is loved by many. Keep up the good work tr's brother :) :) :)

• Forum MVP

This all says so much about the strength and will of Ron to get past this and about the very good an loving family of Ron's ... Please tell Ron that we love him and his presence on this forum is sorely missed ... :)

japanese-nurse-sexy3.jpg

I'm sending this picture of this nurse to help Ron while he is convalescing ;) the real thing may work wonders because I was feeling a little under the weather this morning and all I did was look at the picture and I felt a whole lot better ...

Mom is in her new Apt. tonight. Still a lot of putting things away etc. but the hard work is done. Everything will be ready for Ron to move in on Monday. He should be released around 10 or 11 A.M. As usual updates will be forthcoming.

I wish to thank all of you for the support you have shown for Ron and all the kind thoughts you have had for me. You have made me feel very welcome on here. :D

• Forum MVP

TR's Bro, You are apart of this family now.... We are all very Grateful for all your updates and everything your doing for your mom and brother. It's easy to see your an amazing person. When you reach a point where everything is better and everyone is ok we all hope you still post on here and stay apart of this wonderful family.

Stay strong brother.

Ron has been released from rehab. and is now home with mom. It will take some time to get everything set up the way he wants it, at least as close as possible. He may not be able to log onto the internet for possibly a week. Power supply for the modem has been misplaced during the move. He is going to try to get a friend to get one for him. I will be unable to until at least next Sat.

He still has a long way to go with physical therapy, etc. However he is at home now so it will be more comfortable as well as less stressful than being in the rehab. hosp. He will be getting some home health care. I don't know what the schedule for that is yet. In addition he has transportation to and from Dr. appointments and other needs. This is provided by the apartment management.

I will continue with updates until such time as he is able to log on and has the energy to do so.

Archived