Taper Ron

Taper Ron

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron was pretty tired and in some pain today. They did OT and PT both today. His therapy schedule is not set yet. Eventually it will be pretty much the same everyday. He has some side issues but they are being addressed. They are not serious. They say they are to be expected with all he has been through. He sounded like he wasn't quite so down today. I try to go see him everyday and I do call him everyday. They close the doors at 9pm and I usually don't get back to town until 8pm.

He now has his laptop there and they do have a wireless connection. He isn't quite up to getting on it yet but hopefully soon. I am sure as soon as he is he will be on here.

My family and I really appreciate all the kind words and thoughts (vibes). I know they cheer him up.

• Forum MVP

TR, you have created an unstoppable force here and we're all behind you rooting you on! Don't let up on us, we need you brother! You keep us in line and are the voice of reason in tumultuous times. We truly care about you bro!!

• Forum MVP

PT is one of those things that really can suck to do, but, in the long run, is so, so worthwhile. Don't forget to reward yourself in the meantime, while you're waiting for those rewards to come, or it's easy to lose perspective of what a good idea it really is to throw yourself into it. (Did that make any sense?) Keep your sights high!

Taper Ron, I just want to let you know I've been thinking about you lots recently, and hope the pain and frustration of PT is not too great to make you forget how much better it will be once you reach the "light at the end of the tunnel", and you are independently mobile again. Like at least one other forumite has mentioned previously, the field of prosthetics has advanced so much over the last 20 (or so) years, especially with prosthetic legs. To be sure, your new leg will take a while to get used to, but be glad it's not 1910 !!! On that note, however, I think it would be cool to also have a wooden pegleg fashioned just for you. When you at last get back on your bike, imagine how much it would add to the look of being a tough rider !!!

Please know you are in our thoughts, and we all wish you the speediest of recoveries. Remember, you will always have the DSO family in your life, and I would be proud to finally meet you at a future show.

Topher

Oh man :(

I haven't checked in here for months and I am shocked and saddened to read about your accident TR.

You were one of the first starheads I ever met back in 2001.

I wish you the speediest of recoveries brother.

Thinking of you.

bones

::hugs::

Just talked to Ron. He had a pretty good day today. Had some pain but near as bad as it has been. He isn't on near the pain meds as before. His mood has improved greatly as well. He is getting in and out of bed himself. He said that is what causes a lot of his pain. As usual I will pass on your thoughts, prayers, and vibes.

• Forum MVP

Just talked to Ron. He had a pretty good day today. Had some pain but near as bad as it has been. He isn't on near the pain meds as before. His mood has improved greatly as well. He is getting in and out of bed himself. He said that is what causes a lot of his pain. As usual I will pass on your thoughts, prayers, and vibes.

Wonderful news!!!!

• Advisory Board

great news indeed, and thanks for playing messenger. we appreciate your heralding.

best,

blythe

Ron's bro, we appreciate your being the reporter in this. Sounds like Ron's making progress :)

It has been my pleasure to be able to keep everyone updated. Saw him today, he said the pain isn't as bad now. Starts hurting when he gets up for therapy and when he is up in a wheelchair (I sat in it today. No wonder he is in pain when he sits in it. :wacko: ) He said the pain is the broken leg mostly, the amputation site doesn't hurt that much. My neighbor was up to see him the other day. He is a nurse, he just happened to be there when they were changing the dressing at the site of the amputation. He said it looks like it is healing pretty well. He sptrit seem to be higher today.

He was able to get on his laptop and log on here. He was impressed and pleased that everyone was thinking of him. He said he would get on again when he is able to. He was going to leave a message to everyone but didn't know what to say.

Ron was up in a wheel chair when I saw him today. They have increased his pain meds to help him get thru PT. He said the hardest part was not being able to use his leg because of the break. That is where most of the pain is. Not much more to report other than the food sucks. :wacko:

Guest jazz-man

(Sneak in some Chinese food to Ron)

What Fred said, Ron doesn't need to say anything. Just get better and know that there are lots of people wishing him well.

(Sneak in some Chinese food to Ron)

What Fred said, Ron doesn't need to say anything. Just get better and know that there are lots of people wishing him well.

All he has to do is tell me what he wants. I used to get paid by store security to see if I could shoplift from their stores. If I can sneak a TV out, I bet I can sneak some food in. :rofl:

• Forum MVP

All he has to do is tell me what he wants. I used to get paid by store security to see if I could shoplift from their stores. If I can sneak a TV out, I bet I can sneak some food in. rofl.gif

Applied stop-loss skills!

Archived