Carnegie Music Hall Of Homestead

Tea

• Forum MVP

Yes......it's true. I am a setlist junkie. I am even more interested in the personal accounts of the show. If I can't be there, I might as well live vicariously.

Who has got what I need?

:dsorocks:

2-15-69 set list is up on set list page

• Forum MVP

2-15-69 set list is up on set list page

Setlist: 2/15/69 - Electric Factory, Philadelphia PA - Saturday

Set One: Doin' That Rag ; Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment ; Morning Dew > Turn On Your Love Light

Set Two: Dupree's Diamond Blues > Mountains Of The Moon > Jam > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Death Don't Have No Mercy ; Cosmic Charlie ; Alligator > Drums > drummers chant > Alligator > And We Bid You Good Night Jam > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) > Feedback > And We Bid You Good Night

Filler: Sitting On Top Of The World

Holy Shit.............................................. :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Setlist: 2/15/69 - Electric Factory, Philadelphia PA - Saturday

Set One: Doin' That Rag ; Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment ; Morning Dew > Turn On Your Love Light

Set Two: Dupree's Diamond Blues > Mountains Of The Moon > Jam > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Death Don't Have No Mercy ; Cosmic Charlie ; Alligator > Drums > drummers chant > Alligator > And We Bid You Good Night Jam > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) > Feedback > And We Bid You Good Night

Filler: Sitting On Top Of The World

Holy Shit.............................................. :dsorocks:

Um....uh...um...holy shit about covers it I think. I mean, are you freaking kidding me? Putting how this played aside for a minute (yeah right), that setlist reads like something that I would just dream up for the sake of wishful amusement. I am flabbergasted until I can think of a better description of my total and utter bewilderment. It's not April 1st yet is it. DAMN! Boom goes the dynamite..........

• Forum MVP

Now just need the heady organic note-by-note review, although I'd think "Holy Shit" probably says it all.

I will tell you that during feedback I was transported back to junior year in high school at a party tripping hard listening to the Live Dead performance! Talk about flashbacks!!!!!

IMHO, from my perspective on the stage we captured the sound and feeling of those heady, tripping early '69 days including perfectly executed raga rhythm syllables by Rob K and Dino before the jam in Alligator. Anybody at the show?

• Forum MVP

I will tell you that during feedback I was transported back to junior year in high school at a party tripping hard listening to the Live Dead performance! Talk about flashbacks!!!!!

IMHO, from my perspective on the stage we captured the sound and feeling of those heady, tripping early '69 days including perfectly executed raga rhythm syllables by Rob K and Dino before the jam in Alligator. Anybody at the show?

Wish to God I could've been there, and as for the rest of it, Rob...{all smiles}

I was at the show. This was my first show since JK's last gig in Buffalo...

Yes, you guys really did capture 69' vibe very well, esspecially the second set.

You did a really good job with the pigpen parts, I was really impressed.

I also noticed some nice interaction with you jeff, quoting each other and listening well.

I also forgot how fantastic of a guitar player Rob is. Man...

Did anyone see the guy break the chair toward the end of Lovelight. That was crazy!

Anyway, great show! I will not hesitate to recomend this DSO lineup...

I taped the show and will have it uploaded soon for all to enjoy...

Oh, and I love that venue. The volunteers who man the beer are really nice and tolerable people.

PS: The bitch that thought every guy there would buy her free drinks and was too cheap to give a tip (that went to kids charity) can go eat a bag of salty dicks!

I'm sure its a blast exploring this territory....very exciting! And an interesting perspective....going backwards into the dead's roots having started primarily playing stuff from their mid-career. Have fun out there!!!

Had to add to the post quoted below..

No, I didn't see it... I HEARD the chair break. From what I gather and (kind of) remember during the Lovelight, a guy across the aisle to my left passed out, causing a minor commotion, and then right after Rob B sang "Wait a minute!" -- CRACK -- the chair snapped. It was louder than the PA and I saw where it used to be post-show. It must have been (the roses lol no jk jk) 7 rows away from me. It was THAT loud.

I couldn't hear the keys & Rob B real well during the 1st set, but by the 2nd it was better. Thank goodness! Lots of great moments. The 2nd half of Cryptical for me was VERY hot. I hadn't caught a Cryp since 7/13/01 in Durango, CO exactly 75 shows ago, and I was MORE than happy to hear it. Cosmic Charlie and Death Don't were flat out show stoppers.

Can't wait to hear em, at the archive, right? Thanks so much to THE taper! Like I saw in a subject of a post, where are all the tapers? I only wish I could be one.

Say, is there any speculation/word/rumors flying around about NYE???? Peace all ;)

Yes, you guys really did capture 69' vibe very well, esspecially the second set.

I also noticed some nice interaction with you jeff, quoting each other and listening well.

Did anyone see the guy break the chair toward the end of Lovelight. That was crazy!

Oh, and I love that venue. The volunteers who man the beer are really nice and tolerable people.

PS: The bitch that thought every guy there would buy her free drinks and was too cheap to give a tip (that went to kids charity) can go eat a bag of salty dicks!

• Forum MVP

Whoa...now that's what I was hopin to hear. Let's also hope that the audio is as good as the 7/31 Buffalo show up on archive.

:icon14: for tapin what looks to be an insane show..............

• Forum MVP

I was there and continue to be amazed at what this band does and how good they do it. Front row and I swear there were times I thought you were dosed.

Hard to imgine you could top performance in Buffalo (another 69 set) but....I am no longer surprised that it just continues to get better.

Apparently this show was known as "boycottbobby" for reasons seen in the setlist.....Birthday boy may have had little vocals but he (and all of the boys) just played this stuff lights out.

Lots of band interaction and obvious listening to each other...just fantastic!

• Forum MVP

Wow. Maybe the best live musical experience of my life. I really dont know what else to say. I just found my face. I want some more of that sound. Incredible performance by band and crew. Thank you!!

I felt the same way about the buffalo show a little while back rick.best musical experence in my life !

That must have been quite an experience. I assume your hooked. When will you be back for more?

I am hooked. However I'm only 16 and still living at home so I'll only be able to see them when they come around, which is probably only like once a year. I'd absolutely love to see them again.

• Forum MVP

I am hooked. However I'm only 16 and still living at home so I'll only be able to see them when they come around, which is probably only like once a year. I'd absolutely love to see them again.

Do what I did back in the day

lie and get out of the house for a few days!!!!!! You didn't get that advise from me, though!!!!!! RB

Archived