Name Dstone's Kid

New York Steve

• Forum MVP

Thanks all!

Pretty crazy Saturday night with an unplanned C Section but at least they let me be with Ali in the OR.

It's all wonderful now, of course. Just home checking in on the cats and picking up some more cloths because we are going to be in the hospital till Thursday.

Pretty special time for me. Moments that I don't think I'll ever be able to forget just keep barreling my way, one after another.

It's pretty awesome.

And yes, we still don't have a name. It's funny cause my wife is one of the most organized humans on the face of this earth but this decision seems to have paralyzed both of us...it's just too big!

Here are two of the first pics from my cell phone--they are kind of large!

BabyStone_edited.jpg

BabyStone_andAli.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Thanks all!

Pretty crazy Saturday night with an unplanned C Section but at least they let me be with Ali in the OR.

It's all wonderful now, of course. Just home checking in on the cats and picking up some more cloths because we are going to be in the hospital till Thursday.

Pretty special time for me. Moments that I don't think I'll ever be able to forget just keep barreling my way, one after another.

It's pretty awesome.

And yes, we still don't have a name. It's funny cause my wife is one of the most organized humans on the face of this earth but this decision seems to have paralyzed both of us...it's just too big!

BabyStone_edited.jpg

BabyStone_andAli.jpg

Congrats, beautiful baby and wife....

how about Jerome?

Oops...should have said it's a girl!

Absolutely beautiful David...Congrats to the newly expanded Stone family! The name will come bro...My wife was pregnant with our second child, and we were sure it was a boy and we had picked out the name Kean for him. BUT one night sleeping under the stars we were talking about what if it was a girl...and we came up with the name Kienne (pronounced Key-enne) and at that moment a shooting star raced across the sky...we began to think at that moment that he was a she...anyway blessings to you all...She is a beauty! Well done!

• Forum MVP

You know, everybody has to always say, "Awww, your baby is just so beautiful," but in this case.....That is one ridiculously cute kid!!! Well done, David.

I'm just sorry you need to be there until Thursday. Although it'll be that much sweeter to get home and settled and you do have a few extra moments to get everything just exactly perfect.

Oh, and you really need to get the poor girl a name, man.

• Forum MVP

Thanks all!

It's pretty awesome.

BabyStone_edited.jpg

BabyStone_andAli.jpg

You have a beautiful family , David !!! and I think I suggested "Bertha" .... doesn't have to be her name of course , but remember the good times we had when we heard , and hear that name being sung ... Bless your family buddy !!!

That is what my wife has been calling her for the last 9 months!

Thanks for the kind words folks...they mean a lot.

It's so sweet to see the DSO Fam being just what it is...kind, compassionate, and thoughtful...I would have never known David if I hadn't gone to see DSO upon a friends fervent recommendation...and that's the beauty of it all....We share a deep respect for the music and now we get to share(cybernetically) in the joy of a beautiful baby girl (srsly she is beautiful)...I'm about to give my oldest daughter away at this weekend's wedding....So enjoy every moment bro..cause as we all know the wheel is turning and it can't slow down...Mazel Tov...you done good!

• Forum MVP

And the name is Emilia Mazie Stone (we are calling her Emmy now). Pronounced like the traditional spelling of Amelia (uh m EE l ee uh) but spelled like it is in Othello (Iago's wife).

Seems like we had to meet her in order to finally arrive at a name that felt right. The middle name is in honor of 3 grandparents of ours.

As an aside, I also felt I should share this story about the moment I walked into the OR before the C Section.

They got my wife ready first and then suited me up and walked me over to a chair next to her. I'm sitting down and offering encouragements and positive stuff, trying to get her to visualize being in a warm bath and such (she was pretty amazing) when I notice that there is a CD player on a table behind me and John Mayer is singing something about a rainbow. It was SUPER embarrassing but I kind of interrupted everything (nothing had really started but lots of running around) and asked anyone in the OR (there was about 12 people in there) if they could kindly turn off the music or change it to another artist because I very much didn't want the first music my daughter to hear on this earth to be that of John Mayer, and added 'nothing against any John Mayer fans in here'. They laughed and one of them was nice enough to put on Bob Marely, who my wife loves, so I could breathe just a LITTLE more easily as I felt a true disaster was averted.

I don't really know Mayer's stuff by he and his music just bug me.

• Forum MVP

Emilia is a beautiful name, Dave. Congrats. I'm really surprised you didn't have music already lined up. Shit, the only thing that played all day when Gabriella was born was 5/22/77. I believe Ella popped sometime during the Estimated jam, but it was kind of busy, so I only know that I realized the Eyes was playing once things calmed down.

• Forum MVP

Emilia is a beautiful name, Dave. Congrats. I'm really surprised you didn't have music already lined up. Shit, the only thing that played all day when Gabriella was born was 5/22/77. I believe Ella popped sometime during the Estimated jam, but it was kind of busy, so I only know that I realized the Eyes was playing once things calmed down.

We did have music all ready to go, but once the decision to do a C Section was made, all plans were thrown out the window and the delivery took place in an operating room with 3 doctors and many nurses and their music instead of a delivery room with one nurse and our music.

Believe me, when I heard John Mayer's voice, I became a little panicked there for a second.

But it all worked out just fine.

We did have music all ready to go, but once the decision to do a C Section was made, all plans were thrown out the window and the delivery took place in an operating room with 3 doctors and many nurses and their music instead of a delivery room with one nurse and our music.

7-19-90???

8-27-72???

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

And the name is Emilia Mazie Stone (we are calling her Emmy now). Pronounced like the traditional spelling of Amelia (uh m EE l ee uh) but spelled like it is in Othello (Iago's wife).

Seems like we had to meet her in order to finally arrive at a name that felt right. The middle name is in honor of 3 grandparents of ours.

As an aside, I also felt I should share this story about the moment I walked into the OR before the C Section.

They got my wife ready first and then suited me up and walked me over to a chair next to her. I'm sitting down and offering encouragements and positive stuff, trying to get her to visualize being in a warm bath and such (she was pretty amazing) when I notice that there is a CD player on a table behind me and John Mayer is singing something about a rainbow. It was SUPER embarrassing but I kind of interrupted everything (nothing had really started but lots of running around) and asked anyone in the OR (there was about 12 people in there) if they could kindly turn off the music or change it to another artist because I very much didn't want the first music my daughter to hear on this earth to be that of John Mayer, and added 'nothing against any John Mayer fans in here'. They laughed and one of them was nice enough to put on Bob Marely, who my wife loves, so I could breathe just a LITTLE more easily as I felt a true disaster was averted.

I don't really know Mayer's stuff by he and his music just bug me.

Congratulations! Beautiful name. Go ahead and spoil her, but not too much. Don't forget to take care of your wife, she has been through a lot. Grab some sleep when you can!

Archived