To All The West Coasters(And All The Ships At Sea)

Rbarracoph

• Forum MVP

On behalf of the band and myself, I'd like to thank all you west coasters for showing us the love these past few weeks!(of course, to everyone, everywhere-don't get in a tizzy east , mid, coasters!) From Bellingham to Reno it's been a blast!! Now, on to Colorado!

I always say it takes between six months to a year for any musician to get fully integrated into a band that has been together as long as DSO has been.

Jeff Mattson is just plain killing it! He has arrived in a big way and the band has reacted in kind! Every show is taking us to new heights and unexplored territory. A special shout out to the Santa Cruz dancers-your voodoo is infectious!!! Sad to be leaving the left coast but know that we will return in the fall with some special shows.

To all DSO fans-look out- we're commin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob Barraco

always good to see you Rob!

and it was great to see everyone at GAMH for sure.

the shows at GAMH were beyond my ability to express in written word the sheer excitement of hearing the band.

the synergy between the band members is clearly evident.

till we meet again

PK

ps- my son and his girl were just blown away by it all and Trixie Garcia wanted to meet Jeff--- see photo link

]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1189260429#!/photo.php?fbid=1961928966439&set=o.22579584741&theater

• Forum MVP

On behalf of the band and myself, I'd like to thank all you west coasters for showing us the love these past few weeks!(of course, to everyone, everywhere-don't get in a tizzy east , mid, coasters!) From Bellingham to Reno it's been a blast!! Now, on to Colorado!

I always say it takes between six months to a year for any musician to get fully integrated into a band that has been together as long as DSO has been.

Jeff Mattson is just plain killing it! He has arrived in a big way and the band has reacted in kind! Every show is taking us to new heights and unexplored territory. A special shout out to the Santa Cruz dancers-your voodoo is infectious!!! Sad to be leaving the left coast but know that we will return in the fall with some special shows.

so true about the 6 months to a year thing Rob.....

I compare it to the 15 years at three different high schools I spend as a Head Boys Varsity Basketball Coach ... it would take me a year to implement my ideas/philosophies/ etc..of my program to the players from 5th grade up to the Seniors...

keep up the grand work DSO !!

• Forum MVP

Thank you so much to the band particularly for those completely mind-blowing shows at GAMH. I was delighted to be fortunate enough to come out to San Fran, and every single minute was a delight. The city, the people, everything was just about exactly perfect. And DSO is an incredible band!!

Bring it on Rob. Missed you at the Fillmore last December. Looking forward to the Colorado shows. Please crush us into a fine powdery dust! Toodleoo.

Guest Lisacat

On behalf of the band and myself, I'd like to thank all you west coaTheresters for showing us the love these past few weeks!(of course, to everyone, everywhere-don't get in a tizzy east , mid, coasters!) From Bellingham to Reno it's been a blast!! Now, on to Colorado!

Thank YOU! There was some voodoo magic happening out there! My cup is full.

And don't worry, my full review will come as soon as I can get my thoughts together!

enjoy the couple days off!

Thanks Rob--You are ALL killing it!! Really looking forward to your return in the fall. I do have one semi-serious question. After hearing your amazing work on the Pigpen material, I couldn't help but wonder how it might sound with a little harmonica thrown in. Something like Easy Wind really comes to mind. Do you play any harp? Obviously, you can't play the keys and harp at the same time, but I suppose one might be able to switch off. Anyway, just curious.

• Forum MVP
Jeff Mattson is just plain killing it! He has arrived in a big way and the band has reacted in kind!

:D Anyone remember the "Can Mattson hang?" thread?

Har dee freakin Harrrrrrrr. Like I said way back then, the question is:

Can YOU hang with MATTSON?

:D

Mattson is very good. I was very impressed with the SF shows. Highlights for me were the Schoolgirl and the Here comes sunshine> greatest story from the middle night. And the Good Lovin and Two souls in communion the third night. Rob is performing Pig like I never thought possible. Way to study the raps and channel the voodoo. There was some great dancing in there. Great times...I can't wait to do it again!

• Forum MVP

"Do everything that's in you

That you feel to be your part"

Glad we could help!!

(btw, i think its funny that me and lisa already consider ourselves west-coasters..haha we're such posers!)

Guest Lisacat

(btw, i think its funny that me and lisa already consider ourselves west-coasters..haha we're such posers!)

sweetie, we've been west coasters since the day we were born..... it just took us time to get here ;-)

• Forum MVP

Yeah one from The Sooner State and one from The Keystone State....

Enjoy it while it lasts...

Once the big one hits and California sinks into the sea... then Chuck Vegas and Teacher Matt will have beachfront property ...

I give it 3 or 4 months tops....

disclamer - in no way shape or form do I take earthquakes lightly and I feel for Japan, etc... this is all in good fun... :wacko:

Guest Lisacat

Once the big one hits and California sinks into the sea... then Chuck Vegas and Teacher Matt will have beachfront property ...

I give it 3 or 4 months tops....

disclamer - in no way shape or form do I take earthquakes lightly and I feel for Japan, etc... this is all in good fun... wacko.gif

and I'll either be floating away on my island or visiting Jerry ;-)

I'm sure some folks will be happy tongue.gif

• Forum MVP

hard to tell by our bums but I am taller than Chuck so I must be the one on the left...

and Jerry has a very small guest list....

That scene outside your apartment on the beach-front Strip is gonna be crazy on Saturday afternoons, though...

copacabana_beach_concert1.jpg

Guest jazz-man

"And if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing until I pay my bill". Warren Zevon, Desperados Under The Eaves

I had a megafun time at the NW portion of the tour. Very cool to mention to Rob that I felt a Beatles tune sneaking up and then for him to do Hey Jude the next day :) Thanks to one and all for a real good time!

Archived