Playin

Dear prudence

Drums space

Saint of circumstances

Sing me back home

Playin

Forever young

shskedown

Reads like dream to me....I bet it was breathtaking. So happy to see that D-Prudence

• Forum MVP

Nice to see "Evangaline" in the mix... another relatively rare tune these days. I wonder if these were any tapers?

I'm not sure if there were any mics but imagine that any recording would probably have been ruined by the incessant drunk talking...

• Forum MVP

Fixed it. The setlist and music were phenomenal. Unfortunately I don't really have anything else nice to say so I'll keep it to myself. Longing for greener pastures...

I won't speak for you here but the Vic has always been bad venue for me. I know you get your fair share of drunk talkers, spillers, bumpers, and dance-facists at alot of places, but the Vic has always been at or near the top of the list. Security seems to always have my number at that place for no reason at all. I don't get drunk, I don't sneak a toke, and don't cause any friction yet I always end up with a no-neck up in my face. I used to think the Lincoln Theatre or the 9:30 Club were the worst offenders until I took in a few at the VIC (Very Irritating Craphouse). Greener pastures indeed...

I won't speak for you here but the Vic has always been bad venue for me. I know you get your fair share of drunk talkers, spillers, bumpers, and dance-facists at alot of places, but the Vic has always been at or near the top of the list. Security seems to always have my number at that place for no reason at all. I don't get drunk, I don't sneak a toke, and don't cause any friction yet I always end up with a no-neck up in my face. I used to think the Lincoln Theatre or the 9:30 Club were the worst offenders until I took in a few at the VIC (Very Irritating Craphouse). Greener pastures indeed...

I registered a username just to agree with you. My issues stemmed from an older gentleman with an oxygen tank. I know we should "respect our elders", especially those with medical issues, but this man (let's call him "the Professor") was a drag on the whole show for me and my friends.

I started going to DSO shows five years ago, and the Professor has been a fixture at most of them. He manages to get to the 1st row and center without fail either by getting to the venue hours in advance, or guilt-tripping his fellow concert goers into letting him have the prime spot. A good friend of mine actually got into a verbal tiff with him a few years ago up in madison, but I wrote it off as my friend being unreasonable. I wrote him a text after the show on Saturday, "remember that old man from DSO a few years back? Yeah, kind of a dick".

If the Professor had a modicum of friendliness in his interactions with others, and/or was able or willing to share the supposed knowledge that his years imply, I wouldn't have had a problem with him. Unfortunately, we both left the show with very low opinions of each other. I guess not the Vic's fault, but I needed to vent about a guy I'm sure many of you have seen and possibly even befriended(though I don't know how that would be possible).

• Forum MVP

I registered a username just to agree with you. My issues stemmed from an older gentleman with an oxygen tank. I know we should "respect our elders", especially those with medical issues, but this man (let's call him "the Professor") was a drag on the whole show for me and my friends.

I started going to DSO shows five years ago, and the Professor has been a fixture at most of them. He manages to get to the 1st row and center without fail either by getting to the venue hours in advance, or guilt-tripping his fellow concert goers into letting him have the prime spot. A good friend of mine actually got into a verbal tiff with him a few years ago up in madison, but I wrote it off as my friend being unreasonable. I wrote him a text after the show on Saturday, "remember that old man from DSO a few years back? Yeah, kind of a dick".

If the Professor had a modicum of friendliness in his interactions with others, and/or was able or willing to share the supposed knowledge that his years imply, I wouldn't have had a problem with him. Unfortunately, we both left the show with very low opinions of each other. I guess not the Vic's fault, but I needed to vent about a guy I'm sure many of you have seen and possibly even befriended(though I don't know how that would be possible).

I know said 'professor' and am friends with him. When you get to know him he is a nice guy, however, he has a serious sense of entitlement which has gotten him in the trouble in the past. I will talk to him about it.

• Forum MVP

I have never had a problem with Joseph either. We all know him. However, there have been times that I have seen him get out of hand, and mouthy at shows, and I've basically had to tell him to "shut the fuck up". One instance stands out regarding a band members family, who I guess he didn't know at the time. Another time at Penns Peak some dude was gonna pop him, and I couldn't let that go down, so I stepped up for him. I told him that was the last time that would ever happen again. I didn't feel like dropping someone front row DSO, that wouldn't go over to well. Thankfully it didn't come to that.

As Aaron said he also has alot of good qualities, and don't let the look fool ya, he's very smart. I know some people have issues with him, I'm just not one of them. With that said, in no way, shape, or form am I making excuses for some of his irrational behavior.

• Advisory Board

I used to think the Lincoln Theatre or the 9:30 Club were the worst offenders

The Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh and 9:30 in DC are total shitholes... The security there sucks ass, especally at the 9:30... If the stupid venue wasn't so close to me, I'd be happy to never go back there ever again!! I'll say it again, over an over.. .I HATE THE 9:30 CLUB!!!!!

Yes, you are talking about Joseph... He can truely be a royal pain in the ass... he has this sense of entitlement, and he often starts trouble because he can't keep his mouth shut... One of these days, he's gonna mouth off to the wrong person and will get his ass beat... I'm not saying I'd want to see that, he is an old, fragile guy who needs his oxyogen, but just cause you have serious health problems, and that you are older then dirt, doesn't mean you have the right to be nasty to people... Once you get to know the guy, he can be a nice person in certain ways, but he takes some getting used to...

Wow, I was expecting to get hated on for my rant about Joseph, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a less-than positive view of him. I'm also happy to say that I didn't let him completely ruin my DSO experience this past Saturday. I happen to love their elective sets and was super stoked to hear a Dear Prudence. Friend of the devil was amazing, and saint of circumstance was such a treat to come out of drums>space. And of course, any set with a playing in the band sandwich is going to be great.

Is he the same guy who always asks for an extra, but still manages to get in? I thought that DSO hired him as an experiment to see which places people were the kindest and would give a freeby. He hasn't asked us in a few years (must remember us from other shows), but I see him ask newbies. Funny!!

hmmm you know I certainly have my opinions and Joseph well, .... I'll leave it at that.

But the guy goes to every show and has become a fixture. Every human being deserves some compassion. He may not realize how he acts, so as a community it may be better rather than making fun of him on a public message board to speak with him about his behavior.

None of us are perfect and none of us may be as fortunate when we are his age to get to as many shows as he does. Lets build eachother up and not break eachother down. Bring the love...it is a great teacher.

Archived