Stagger Lee

BIODTL

TLEO

Race is on

Easy wind

Might as well

Samson

Casey Jones

Sugar mags>eyes>alligator>drums>space>victim>gator>Blk muddy river>shakedown>SSDD

It's all over now baby blue

Exactly what we wanted for a second set! More after foooood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Food was needful on this end too.

It was a blessing of a set list and a very strong performance. And this show was special, as my Week of Bliss now comes to an end. It was so good to dance and look around to see almost everyone I love in this family (with just a few notable exceptions) sharing the same space and joy.

An overly long and pedantic review will come in a couple of days. Right now I wish to thank again each and every one of you that I slime-hugged after the show.

• Forum MVP

what a pleasure it was to dance with so many friends, it's rare that we can all agree on one place to dance but extra fun when we do. Dork Stars we are indeed. Loved the spooky space and was absolutely thrilled to get 'victim'...have been yelling that one at the stage for a few weeks now(much to Steph's chagrin). Don't know why people hate on that song...

fun shakedown

fun :herdy:

Food was needful on this end too.

It was a blessing of a set list and a very strong performance. And this show was special, as my Week of Bliss now comes to an end. It was so good to dance and look around to see almost everyone I love in this family (with just a few notable exceptions) sharing the same space and joy.

An overly long and pedantic review will come in a couple of days. Right now I wish to thank again each and every one of you that I slime-hugged after the show.

Chuck it was great dancing with you this last week, always a pleasure. When I am looking for a good dance space in a venue I often think, "where would chuckvegas go?". see ya down the road buddy.

• Advisory Board

Chuck it was great dancing with you this last week, always a pleasure. When I am looking for a good dance space in a venue I often think, "where would chuckvegas go?". see ya down the road buddy.

you should get a bracelet. WWVG (where would vegas go).

• Forum MVP

Spacegator with victim inside it is kinda what it's like to be a mango inside of velvet and sorry for the boldness or suggestive undertones in such a statement but I think imma have to giggle for about an eternity on the hilarity of that particular selection falling out of eyes..... this band is just toooooo much!!! ahhhhhhhhh surely just enough!!!!!!

We almost had a spot up front but with all the deader than thou convo buzzing around and finally the princess that showed up partway though LTGTR just to flick her hair all over me and be really rude when I begged for my one song in peace before moving back we had to tap into the where would Chuck go vibe that everyone obviously felt and by the end of Passenger most of us had assembled.

Cumberland and Stagger Lee stand out in my mind as particularly fine and DSO always makes easy wind look easy and the sing along encouragement was endearing for a mighty swell ending to the first set.

I know I exploded when Delilah began her journey with Samson and we all enjoyed another sing a long after the bible story time and I still can't get the string of ridiculous second set madness out of my brain!

the band are the Dork Stars, we just try to keep up and what is is mango always says, maintain the mode of the "willing participant" :) for sure.

This band makes me love songs that I will often avoid when choosing Dead shows to listen to. I am very happy that loving DSO's music makes me so open to the music in general instead of being a bitter close minded deadhead that just wants everything a specific way. Not that I don't want everything a specific way...... that way is just a really open and truly psychedelic way which is a fractal of the one going in and up and out for all in a single note.

It's all over now baby blue is my absolute fave show closer hands down every time and took on deep meaning for me during my hiatus from the music and THANK YOU THANK YOU.

def changes in the first set, they took one out and added a couple different ones.

• Forum MVP

Not that I ever really want to listen to victim... But now I can never listen to it without that visual...

Having said that, I thought the show was fantastic. Excellent spacegator, shakedown, eyes, and Samson. Thought the first set had an exceptionally nice flow to it chock full of great tunes.

We almost had a spot up front but with all the deader than thou convo buzzing around and finally the princess that showed up partway though LTGTR just to flick her hair all over me and be really rude when I begged for my one song in peace before moving back we had to tap into the where would Chuck go vibe that everyone obviously felt and by the end of Passenger most of us had assembled.

being a bitter close minded deadhead that just wants everything a specific way.

as we all are a very small dso community, i understand that not everyone is going to get along or enjoy each others company. as humans we are not made to get along perfectly with everyone. however, i do not think that this is the appropriate place to be airing these opinions and remarks. those close enough know of the situation and that is how it should stay. it feels very passive aggressive when these comments are made and goes against a lot of the values and ideals of love and caring and respect that we all claim to uphold. the forums are a very public thing that many people read, not just those involved in the situation. this forum needs to be a safe place for us dead heads to meet and chat and review. this goes for everyone. think before you speak (or type). keep the digs of the boards. lets practice direct communication and love an forgiveness and try to practice what we preach.

• Forum MVP

as we all are a very small dso community, i understand that not everyone is going to get along or enjoy each others company. as humans we are not made to get along perfectly with everyone. however, i do not think that this is the appropriate place to be airing these opinions and remarks. those close enough know of the situation and that is how it should stay. it feels very passive aggressive when these comments are made and goes against a lot of the values and ideals of love and caring and respect that we all claim to uphold. the forums are a very public thing that many people read, not just those involved in the situation. this forum needs to be a safe place for us dead heads to meet and chat and review. this goes for everyone. think before you speak (or type). keep the digs of the boards. lets practice direct communication and love an forgiveness and try to practice what we preach.

have no idea why anyone would think I was talking about anyone except the stranger I have never met that came to the front and flicked her hair on me and the last part about ppl who like the Dead and won't come check out DSO.... i DO NOT HAVE TO LIKE RUDE STRANGERS and would never post something like this about someone i KNOW. did you even read my post to see what it said? love you Jenna, but I think you are stirring a pot that no one else is stirring and I would be very happy if you would delete your post and/or apologize for taking me to be such an awful person as to use these boards for some kind of vindictive motive...... that is lame.

• Forum MVP

Ok so were in the Transit of Venus today. It will be the last time we see it in our lifetime. It's a highly emotional day....everybody just BREATHE!

indeed! thanks for the reminder! our car part hasn't arrived and we are delayed on departure.... bummer. always a good reason for everything, though and I think you've pinned it down rather well.

• Forum MVP

When I view the Transit as part of the Mayan countdown to 12-21-12, then I feel a very atypical wave of clarity wash over me like a tsunami of 20-20 vision. It helps me go on at a steady pace. Thanks for the shedding of the light!

And it reminds of how much I love you all. For real.

have no idea why anyone would think I was talking about anyone except the stranger I have never met that came to the front and flicked her hair on me and the last part about ppl who like the Dead and won't come check out DSO.... i DO NOT HAVE TO LIKE RUDE STRANGERS and would never post something like this about someone i KNOW. did you even read my post to see what it said? love you Jenna, but I think you are stirring a pot that no one else is stirring and I would be very happy if you would delete your post and/or apologize for taking me to be such an awful person as to use these boards for some kind of vindictive motive...... that is lame.

my intention here was not to "make you look like an awful person" but to make us as a community more aware of our words. i will apologize if it was not a specific person that you were talking about (the princess with the hair flicking) . please forgive me as i have heard these words used before in a derogatory way against her and you're wording made me think that it was in regards to her. so im sorry for assuming, we all know it makes an ass out of you and me :)

on another note, i will not delete my post because i do stand by my words. i attempted to make my post directed more toward the general community when i said "this goes for everyone," because i have notice a negative vibe coming from this forum at times and it does turn me off from posting on here. i am sorry you felt attacked. just the other day Found was asking me why he didnt see me posting anymore. this is why. my goal was not to stir the pot, but to help us maintain our values. a lot of times its easier to say things in an online forum than it is to say them to ones face. my rant is not only directed at you. i even had a phone call with our one any only chuckvegas about this today. we can all be to blame, and it is up to all of us to turn it around. i would like to see less drama reflected in posts. save it for pm's or texts, phone calls, or face to face convos. just my personal opinion, take it or leave it. i stand by my words, beliefs, and values, as well as my friendships.

• Forum MVP

my intention here was not to "make you look like an awful person" but to make us as a community more aware of our words. i will apologize if it was not a specific person that you were talking about (the princess with the hair flicking) . please forgive me as i have heard these words used before in a derogatory way against her and you're wording made me think that it was in regards to her. so im sorry for assuming, we all know it makes an ass out of you and me :)

on another note, i will not delete my post because i do stand by my words. i attempted to make my post directed more toward the general community when i said "this goes for everyone," because i have notice a negative vibe coming from this forum at times and it does turn me off from posting on here. i am sorry you felt attacked. just the other day Found was asking me why he didnt see me posting anymore. this is why. my goal was not to stir the pot, but to help us maintain our values. a lot of times its easier to say things in an online forum than it is to say them to ones face. my rant is not only directed at you. i even had a phone call with our one any only chuckvegas about this today. we can all be to blame, and it is up to all of us to turn it around. i would like to see less drama reflected in posts. save it for pm's or texts, phone calls, or face to face convos. just my personal opinion, take it or leave it. i stand by my words, beliefs, and values, as well as my friendships.

don't waste your breath to save your face when you have done your best and even more is asked of you.... :)

• Forum MVP

Sometimes it best to let go and be quiet even when you know your right. The pursuit of peace would now most likely be fostered through silence on the subject. A misunderstanding occurred. Its over. How bout we get back to talking about the show. How bout that shakedown?

• Forum MVP

If it was a misunderstanding then a simply apology would have done, not a re-justification.

the shakedown was pretty sweet, but how about that Victim? now that was something else.

• Forum MVP

My original post was ALL about the music and how we managed to get away from the typical large venue strangers that can make us not enjoy the music as much and then Jenna jumped to very hurtful conclusions which have since made me cry because I feel like I cannot say anything to anyone without Jenna or others thinking I am talking meanly about someone they know.

I am not a hateful person. I would never use these forums to talk about someone in the way Jenna implied. My original post is now seen in a negative light because Jenna jumped to conclusions in order to create drama with me

I will not be drawn into this drama. I am out. I will continue to talk about how amazing this particular show was (seriously, spacegator victim has not left my thoughts nor tongue in discussing this show with people!) and how PROUD I am of myself for walking away from the strangers in the front instead of standing my ground as a rail rat because I would rather not cause drama in the front in front of the band and I find the strangers to be laughable (as I think we all do which is why we post about them to laugh it off and still just talk about the music!)

I love this band and this music and the people it brings together whether they wanna start shit with me or not and even if it makes me really sad to know that people think these bad things about me, it's cool, cause you know not what you do :)

i never once used a specific name in any of my posts, thank you for calling me out. i thought we were going to try PMs from now on, but i can see that the public forum is too tempting, since the time you posted here was after our PM. move on. YOU are continuing the drama. where is the love?

speaking of love, it was great to spend some quality time with chuck and bisco and others i rarely get to see since moving to chicago. the simple joy i get from from dancing with great friends is enough to keep me going through some of the times i cant tour as frequently. even tho we were dancing on concrete, it was still nice to fling off my shoes and groove in my barefeet. it was also a blessing that the rain held out and we didnt get dumped on as expected. the gd spirits were looking down kindly on us :)

• Forum MVP

Matt - congratulations! Teach the children well!

Jen and Aaron - one of the happiest memories I've made in a long time was looking around during Eyes and seeing so many of this family there sharing the beauty. Speaking for myself, there is no better feeling that I have found in this life than such communal joy. I pray it is always thus.

Archived