NFC

East: Eagles

North: Bears

South: Falcons

West: 49er's

Wild Cards: Saints, Packers

Any ideas for a knockout pool prize?

• Forum MVP

I have no idea how you can leave the Giants out of that equation Brad. Although their schedule is tough, they have too many offensive weapons, not to mention a top - notch DL that can get to the QB. Eli ALWAYS gets the ball to his TE's, and Cowboy reject Martellus Bennet will have a huge year. (Grab him late in Fantasy) Maybe you confused them with that other team that plays in their stadium. You know the one who's best RB is a backup QB, and a starting RT who couldn't start for Rutgers right now.

• Forum MVP

Nothing against Eli. I think he's a great quarterback and always excels under pressure and kicks it into high gear in the clutch but he's not the whole team and the Giants barely got into the playoffs. The Eagles got off to a bad start last year and couldn't make a full recovery. I think the Eagles are gonna shine this year, unfortunately. Giants got great D. We'll have to see how the new RB and WR is. They might snag a wild card if the Saints turn out to be a catastrophe.

I won't be looking for my Jets in the playoffs either...

• Forum MVP

AFC

East: Pats

North: Ravens

South: Texans

West: Broncos

Wild Cards: Steelers, Bills

NFC

East: Giants

North: Packers

South: Saints

West: 49er's

Wild Cards: Lions, Seahawks (yes, really)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I'm gonna say it, whoever didn't heed August Weston's advice on martellus Bennett is looking pretty foolish. I picked him up in the 15th round and they guy is putting up gronk-esque numbers. Best sleeper pick ever. Eli looks great. David wilson has been a bust so far... I would say he could turn it around this season but with the emergence of Andre brown, who needs Wilson or Bradshaw? NFC east is gonna be real tough this year with the giants looking dominant on both sides of the ball, RG3 lighting it up in Washington (although he could be like cam newton - great numbers but few wins), Philly looking like they got all their personnel doing the right things despite their turnover problem, and you can never count the cowboys out on account of all their offensive weapons and a one man wrecking ball in Demarcus ware. And man, the giants punished the panthers!

I'm hoping my jets can put the same kind of beating on the fins on Sunday... I was really down on the jets in the weeks leading up to the regular season but I definitely see potential. At least they got Austin Howard in there in place of that bum Wayne hunter. They miiiiiight just be able to snag a wild card spot if they put the right pieces together. I just like watching the patriots lose, hopefully every game for them will be like the one against Arizona.

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

I have no idea how you can leave the Giants out of that equation Brad. Although their schedule is tough, they have too many offensive weapons, not to mention a top - notch DL that can get to the QB. Eli ALWAYS gets the ball to his TE's, and Cowboy reject Martellus Bennet will have a huge year. (Grab him late in Fantasy) Maybe you confused them with that other team that plays in their stadium. You know the one who's best RB is a backup QB, and a starting RT who couldn't start for Rutgers right now.

We may both be wrong. I would not be surprised if the Redskins take it. I have to say, as a Bengals fan, that I have not been very impressed with the NFC East this year. We shall see what the Boys bring this week. Congratulations on Rutgers moving to the B1G, get ready for an invasion of OSU and PSU fans on gamedays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

We may both be wrong. I would not be surprised if the Redskins take it. I have to say, as a Bengals fan, that I have not been very impressed with the NFC East this year. We shall see what the Boys bring this week. Congratulations on Rutgers moving to the B1G, get ready for an invasion of OSU and PSU fans on gamedays.

Very prescient of you, bs69......well done.

GO 'SKINS !!!!!

• Forum MVP

Can't wait to see what happens in that Redskins Seahawks game. Here are my playoff picks:

AFC

Broncos over Bengals

Patriots over Ravens

Broncos over Patriots

NFC

Falcons over Redskins

Packers over 49er's

Falcons over Packers

Super Bowl:

Broncos over Packers

• Forum MVP

The Playoffs are gonna be sooooo good this year! My SB matchup is New England versus Green Bay with the Pats taking the crown. I'm not a new england guy and I would really love to see the Broncos represent but I just think the Pats are gonna be too much for everyone. i hope I'm wrong though.....

• Forum MVP

I will pull for the new hometown team, the Broncos. Sadly, the Eagles did not make it to the dance this year. Therefore, I will begin my natural transition into Broncos fandom. I've moved and I don't plan to move back. Gonna be years before I can really give up the Phillies but I think I'm coming around to the Broncos and oh ya, the nuggets; there is always the nuggets.

• Forum MVP

Tragic and misguided decision by Shanahan to not play Cousins to start the second half. He had more than proven himself to be capable leading the team.

Now RG3 has further injured his knee and likely faces surgery and an uncertain future........a damn shame all the way around.

Congrats to the Seahawks.......they played with grit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I'll be the lone wolf pushing for the ravens :) gotta root for the hometown team! Ray Lewis needs another super bowl win before ending his career

Wow! They are looking like a team of destiny. Good luck to your team, I hope they go all the way.

What a story line (or lines). The two brothers, and Ray's last game. I think the Ravens win a close one 24-21. No dual threat QB has ever won a Super Bowl, tho, some would argue Steve Young was a running QB but he is not the same runner as Kapernick (I know I spelled that wrong) RGIII, Vick...etc. Go Ravens! I wish I bet on them a month ago, I think the odds were 40-1.

Peace,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Archived