The important question

bs69

There is a trend afoot by micro brewers to can beer. I've not found a beer yet to be that good, however. AVOID Red Stripe at all costs. It is nothing like the bottled variety. Tastes like Iron City, if you have ever had the unfortunate experience of drinking that crap. I always go with Yuengling.

We're in search of Newcastle in can. Every year been able to get it for Mighty High and hoping to find for Jubilee. Anyone have info if sold in Ohio? Also would LOVE Magic Hat in can.... hIPA or OurtoberFest. Yum! :cheers:

• Forum MVP

We're in search of Newcastle in can. Every year been able to get it for Mighty High and hoping to find for Jubilee. Anyone have info if sold in Ohio? Also would LOVE Magic Hat in can.... hIPA or OurtoberFest. Yum! :cheers:

1. Most Liquor Stores do not carry NewCastle in a can ..... BUT

2. Most Liquor Stores will order it for you .... you pay up front and then when it comes in you go pick it up ... .that is what I do for festivals...

3. Now the bad news - sometimes it takes a week to get it in .... you are cutting in close in terms of days till the Jubilee.... so get to your local store and see if they can work some magic for you !!! .... good luck !

i found this family of beers called cisco- sankaty lager, whales tales pale ale, some thing in a blue can, all really tasty but about 1.75 per can. cant do $40 for a case of beer. i liked that oskars and dales as well, but here in sc it was $9 a six pack wtf. gotta make do with yuengling cans, $13 per case, tastes close enough to beer. grew up not far from the brewery- its what our dads drank when they were laid off.

Yeah.... my local Beverage center has Newcastle in cans! Thanks for your input TeacherMatt. I was thinking of picking some up in Ohio if convenient, but now they "ll travel with us. Full Moon next Saturday....Should be bright and fun!

• Forum MVP

the best beer in a can is Caldera, from ashland oregon. sly fox makes decent canned beers, as do more and more good companies. Being a person who pretty much always pours his beer into a glass I say CAN IT UP!

Archived