Vibes for Bob Weir

Tea

• Forum MVP

Absolute trainwreck at Porchester 2 nite.  Bobby is so messed up it makes the Nokia show a couple of years ago look like nothin at all.  He fell once and they had to drag out a chair for him to sit in.  Playin all Jerry/Phil tunes.  Painful to hear.  Bob is tryin to give it a go but it sounds like he is putting a spoon in a garbage disposal.  He is now leaving the stage for the rest to finish up.  Wow.

847333.jpg

847334.jpg

847349.jpg

847350.jpg

Here's to {{{Bobby}}} bouncin back - get some rest my man. 

Hope he's ok.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Wow what a way to end a long run:{    Was really suprised to see Bobby singing Dire Wolf as ender.   I guess they do not let JK sing all the Jerry songs?   Thats a bit odd.

Thanks for the pics T.  Sort of made me laugh, but considering how much I am spending tomo, made me cry more:{!!!!!

No idea what you are talking about regarding Dire Wolf but I don't think many find it funny, regardless of how much you spent.  Bob Weir fell down on stage tonight and was in pretty bad shape from the get go.  He's had some nights like this with that band in the last few years but this one was just awful.

I'm sure deadheads everywhere, more than anything else, hope he gets well.

• Forum MVP

Seeing some videos of this....I wish I hadn't in retrospect.  Some seriously messed up images to try and process :(  They say Bobby tweaked his arm and went to the Dr earlier in the day.  I guess they pumped him full of something and Bobby may have had a drink or 2 on top of that.

I am amazed that the band kept playin when Bobby keeled over.  He fell right into JK who basically sidestepped the collapse and kept right on playing along with Phil (A guy who has been by his side for 53 freaking years!!!!! WTF!!!).  I guess the band wanted to try and not let this ruin the show for the fans but I would like to think I would stop to help my lifelong friend.  Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.  What if he was strokin out?!?  I'm at a total loss....

I love me some Phil but it was a really bad look for him last night!  JK was no better.  BOOOOO.

Here's to a speedy recovery for {{{Bob}}}.  I hope he is well enough to play AC on Saturday after a day of rest and flat- out-NAILS it. 

• Forum MVP

When I was up north for the Terrapin DSO show I had mentioned in conversation with a good friend  that it would be good to see Bobby tonight  along with Phil  ... the word going around  was that Bobby was out of town , don't expect to see him all week and   they were all hoping that Bobby was away getting cleaned up , that he was having some problems ,,,  getting cleaned up is kinda routine for some rock stars , hope thats all he needs to do  ,,, anything worse would make me really sad ...

Get Well Bobby !!!  :wub: 

• Advisory Board

Makes me sick to know that the band plays on while your brother is falling down right next to you.

Remember the scene in the movie The Wall when Pink is too messed up to go onstage and they get a doctor to pump him up and go on?

Whatever the reason Bob was not well last night, so sad that his bandmates let that happen.

Bob is a hero and a legend to many, myself included. His legacy is too important for this.

It's a concert. Bob is an older man. He was not oriented. He fell. Stop the show, show some love and concern for him. Help your brother then continue if it's ok, possibly without him.

Doesn't make me feel too warm on Phil or the rest of the band if they really just kept going without missing a beat while he fell after he couldn't sing the whole show.

Trust me, if you are standing next to me at a show, even if you are a stranger, or on the street and you fall down, I will stop what I'm doing to help you.

I guess the show must go on.

Dr. B

• Forum MVP

If you dont understand the meaning of my words, than ask for clarification!!  Thats pretty simple:}   Earlier in the run......I think Dire Wolf-----I am sorry it was not Dire Wolf, perhaps I was as fucked up as Bobby B when I wrote these words, but rather Show closer Ripple for the 23rd show.  I was suprised JK did not sing that.

I am sorry that I some how offend you that I was suprised Bobby sings a Jerry song----was not trying to make people laugh about it!!!

I am also happy to read this morning you care less about how much money I spend to go see shows.  Guess those words were not meant for you, and I saw the pictures, we all fall down brother----one time or another, for most many more!!!

Just reread what i wrote-----WTF------how did any of those words offend you.   Cause I laughed someone fell.   No I should I cry when someone falls.    Really=----Cry when they dont get up brother.  Always laugh when you fall....it offers some of that strength to get back up!!!

sorry-----to share an opinion bro----try to keep those to myself!!!

The first part of what you said didn't make sense to me.  Bob didn't sing Dire Wolf (so maybe you were fucked up), but does sing Garcia songs with Furthur and has since the beginning (three and a half years).  The fact that you didn't know that is cool, and the notion that I didn't think there was anyone out there in the Grateful Dead universe who wasn't aware of this was probably kind of naive on my part.  However, these are the comments that were behind my not understanding your claim that Weir sang Dire Wolf, which he didn't or you being surprised Weir sang Garcia songs in Furthur, which he does.  No big deal.

The second part of what you said offended me.  Weir was in such bad shape last night that he couldn't finish the second set with his band.  In my opinion, that's not something to laugh about because I'm betting he's not too happy about it.  More importantly, this is a human being who's having trouble of some kind, like all of us have at certain times in our lives, and I thought you were being a class A asshole for treating it like a joke, because it's not a joke.  In my opinion, it's not a laughing matter.

You certainly have the right to share your opinion but I was sharing mine (and still am) that I thought you were being a dick. 

This really is an ongoing issue for Bobby...He needs to want to get help...Last night may be the wake up call to compel him to check himself in once the tour is done. I'm guessing the last show in AC will be a good one. Get well Bobby!

ps...There is NOTHING funny about this....

John M Kadlecik · 2,391 followers
3 minutes ago via Mobile · 
  • 1st reaction: holy shit, man down!

Then, I see several crew racing to help, going to be by his side faster than I can put my guitar down...

Next thought: what is Phil going to do? He's playing on... Bobby had help at this point, so the next person in need of support was Phil...

Pretty f*d up moment... but Bobby wanted to finish the show! 

Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust...

• Forum MVP

Wow.  Wishing the best for Bobby.

I too was surprised that other members of the band that just kept playing.  Perhaps because that’s how it’s “always” been done when certain members are in their own plane of existence.

In a positive way, I read into that that they figured he was down for a known “temporary” reason, rather than a more serious problem.  I trust he will be back in the saddle at AC tomorrow.

On a lighter note – the POTD was “paging Mr. Eaton” @ the Phil zone…

Man, really rough watching that video.  Glad to see that tweet from John.  It must have been confusing to know what to do when Bobby went down.  My first reaction is that they should have stopped the song to see what was up.  But I also get that the sound crew was supporting him and that he was able to stand up shortly after falling. 

May Bob heal up and stay strong. 

This really is an ongoing issue for Bobby...He needs to want to get help...Last night may be the wake up call to compel him to check himself in once the tour is done. I'm guessing the last show in AC will be a good one. Get well Bobby!

ps...There is NOTHING funny about this....

its the funniest thing i ever saw

• Forum MVP

Wow, just what this thread needs, a ducats drive-by.  What is it that compels you to type that kind of shit, man?

Hopefully Bobby can make it through the tour and get some help. His shoulder is apparently a chronic issue and will cause him pain until he deals with it.

I loved the choice of the Built To Last encore.  Dead songs just have a tendency of renewed relevance.  In solidarity, I listened to 3/26/90 Albany this morning, the final Built To Last and 1 of the 4 second set versions.

I'm with Dr. Barry on this. To many of us, Bob Weir is one of the last of the great Troubadours still out there..perhaps with Dylan and Neil Young among the last of true links to Musical Truth...I don't give a fuck what his issues are. And it's pathetic to hear the cackling chatty Cathy's

I'm sure it caught them off guard..so I won't be to harsh...but you go to your brother when he goes down, Period.

• Forum MVP

This is just my opinion; though I have more than a touch of gray there are some matters that are black and white to me. I believe that there is absolutely nothing funny about this, either in the abstract or in the sad reality as shown on the video.

Second, to me JK's message says it all on this topic, other than for us to keep Bobby in our thoughts, prayers, vibes emanations or however one manifests wishes for health and healing.

Wow, just what this thread needs, a ducats drive-by.  What is it that compels you to type that kind of shit, man?

Hopefully Bobby can make it through the tour and get some help. His shoulder is apparently a chronic issue and will cause him pain until he deals with it.

I loved the choice of the Built To Last encore.  Dead songs just have a tendency of renewed relevance.  In solidarity, I listened to 3/26/90 Albany this morning, the final Built To Last and 1 of the 4 second set versions.

i don't laugh (or rubberneck as I would imagine you do) at accidents, this was no accident and I repeat hilarious

Archived