offering a miracle

w8lifterva

• Forum MVP

unable to delete post. found recipient. 

Miracle to JITS!? Sure, no problem. w8lifterva is a wealthy benefactor granting make-a-GD-wish to the right guy or gal.  Wonder who the recipient was?

i am not sure they believe i am real or may think i am trying to scam them in some way. that is understandable and i do not wish to take advantage of anyone. i am a kind government employee and yes there are a few of us out there. i have been laid off earlier this year and now again due to the government shutdown and i am unable to pay off my trip so i am offering my $2000.00 deposit to anyone who would like to go to the JITS at a discounted price. island jams requires that i email them with the new persons name and them they will respond with instructions on what to do next. this can all be confirmed by island gigs. i only want to give the money to someone else because i can not get the deposit back so why let the company just keep it? why not let someone else who can go enjoy it at a discount :D  if the original responder gets back with me i will work with them otherwise i will gladly work with the next person who responds to make this happen. i have a birthday for my 13yo daughter tonight so i will not be checking till later but i will check things again before i go to bed. my best to you all

scotty

• Forum MVP

Scotty > Makes a bit more sense with the explanation.  Sorry for the employment troubles with the govt - this mess is even more real when you see 1st hand what this political temper tantrum does to peoples financial lives.

You are a good dude to give somebody the sweet hookup!  The original responder is gonna be geeked if this checks/works out........

• Forum MVP

OOPPS.....I read it all.    I would love this opportunity Scotty.  Sent you a pm.    Believe me, I would soak up every wave of DSO music, and would help out with some funds. 

Let me know, as I could get a big kick start from my blues with such kindness:}!!!!

Peace

• Forum MVP

The other guy is a very frequent dso attendee and has been seeing dso for many years longer than I but yes, sun deserves it. His energy is fantastic and he might be able to drink enough red stripe to validate the trip. Hope to see him there and share a cold one.

• Forum MVP

Would of wrote this earlier, but you guys rock!!!!!  Rosey cheeks with flattery!!   Thank you for the support!!!  Means a lot for me to read.   If it works out, awesome, I wont let anyone down:}!!!  If it does not, we are all happy another DSO loving head will go!!! 

Big Thanks, and a bigger thanks to Scotty!!!! 

• Forum MVP

Would love to dance big in the islands:}!!!  Scotty is figuring this out, and a big thanks to him for throwing this out.   There is a line for such a huge gift, so patience is a virtue, but the thought overwhelming:}!!!!

In all honesty, on any given night, I think I could spin fast enough to turn the sand to glass:}!!!!   

and the red stripe comment is actually very accurate.    If they have a IPA around, I will bankrupt the place:}

Warm Regards to all this weekend!!!!!   

• Forum MVP

When I saw this post I was probably one of the first people to see it and jumped right on it....had it all set up to go if I wanted. But I'm already doing a good chunk of this tour, new years, and planning to do the Florida run next year with a good friend of mine who lives there. and then there's spring west coast tour...then jubilee...then colorado run....it's all already too much. or just enough. I'm glad that you are getting this, Sun. You can make it up to me by raging it out there, which I know you will.

:lol:B)

• Forum MVP

Speechless.......sent you a message, redundant with excitement.  Think I am more in shock now than when wife told me to get out of the house.   Hell yea I will get out, and go to Jamaica!!!!!

Just took a anxiety prescription, cause I am nearly ready to knock the walls down by bouncing so hard!!!

I shall share more of my thoughts, but for the moment, I need to dance.  For someone who only 5 months ago had a beautiful wife, kids, house, to living out of the truck:{...........this is a gift from Scotty, passed on from Jerry.  Made sense to me, but if I could only describe what I am feeling..........No sleep tonight, I was tired, long day of work, but I am feeling higher than Casey, and with out the train!!!

Super big thanks to Scotty.  A wonderful thanks to Star Child for passing this gift on, and a debt that I will find a way to make even!!! 

I am flattered, excited, and feel glorified.   DSO in the sands of Jamaica.   This is not a dream, cause I have only had nightmares lately, so I know this truth is kind and real!!!!

Thanks for the tears tonight Scotty.   Thank you so fucking much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my---oh my:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last words....I have miracled many in the past, but this is the first time it has come back around, and it has come back to me to the tenth power....wouldn't you say:}!!!  I would.  

Peace, Love, and DSO!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Need a repost here, as I have had some personal issues since this miracle.  I am still in awe by Scotty's gracious gift, but it still comes with problems.

I am going to experience this time down south as a treat, a peace of heaven that I will not get again.  Thanks big guy for giving me this chance.  

I am going to make everything it should be!!!!   Thanks brother!!!  I hope your world is treating you kind!!!!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Jamaica........WTF!!!!!     Speechless, for a person with many words.......

New Mexico show 77 tonight.   A Saturday night show.........  Mr Charlie filler......

Highlights:

love each other----they did some funky things with that sound!!!!     Wonderful Jam!!!   

Warf Rat:   Got me personal tonight and hit the heart hard

Terrapin:    Nice build ups, played it out and put every note through my body!!!!

S&D and IKO had me jumping the highest though.........

But really, what do I know, its the music that knows me......not the other way around.....if that made sense....its early

This place is a bit overwhelming.    More personal than I thought, and a must for many of you who have not been here!!!!

Open dance space, kick ass sound, laid back atmosphere, and a band that fucking kills it!!!!   

I got a two song warm up, where I was the only one or maybe two people that was on the dance floor.  Sand floor....whatever!!!  Was a bit awkard for me, but so what, I could dance all day long to DSO by myself!!!!!!

Treating this experience like the miracle it is, and leaving it all on the floor!!!!! Many thanks to those who made this happen!!!!

Will be a silent sun after these nights!!!    Utmost respect for so many of you!!!!!   Your community is strong, and absolutely amazing!!!!   

Always remember--------its all about the "Music":}!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Fuck 3am....this is the second sunrise I have seen, and though yesterdays was absoutlely phenom......its still sweet this morning....but.....

I have not been able to get a drink for the past 4 hours.   I have consumed more red stripe than this nation produces in a week!!!!   It is good tasting water as I see it!!   Really would love a bloodymarry, and to my bad bad spur of the moment, grabbed a quarter bottle of absolute to take back to the room with me.   Two guys busted me, told me how uncool I was, and blah blah blah.     Sorry......I do fuck up on occasion and have managed to flop a time or 5 since I have been here!!!   Everysecond a adventure is this world!!!!

I must give out a huge APOLOGY to anyone who has had contact with me, or with in a 3 ft proximity to me during the past 24 hours.    I started some random conversations yesterday, and could not even finish a single coherent thought.........though there was so much to say, I just had no faculties to make words into reason...at least for others to understand.  Had to walk away two different times from my attempted conversations.  The looks in those peoples eyes listenting to me, made me worry, so I just got up and left them with a good WTF just happened story!!!!

I blame all of this on one person on this island!!!    But god fuck damn, I am eternally grateful!!!!!  Would not of been the trip it has been so far with out him, and I am loving every flipping second of it!!!

Very few late nighters around.   Belive me, I have creeply walked this whole resort in the early hours waiting for a bloody marry.   I guess there are people running, so I guess some people are up, but no one wants to have a drink with me.....I don't get it?

Ok....the Juicy stuff.....

DSO are very good at how they picked their first two line ups.   Last night, was rocking, dance party, bring it!!!   By the way I was not sure if I mentioned....but the first night Playing....I got to give big props to Skip.  They get really spacey with that tune at times, to a point I even get lost in dance, but Skip had his fingers movings super fast, and gave me a great line to keep the dance tight on direct!!!  Not sure that made sense...but it does to me:}!!!,

Set list tonight....no way no how in order!!!!  But I very nice one.  They planned it well!!   High energy last night, very thoughtful soungs tonight.

One song I have never heard.......and really got into tonight was "I'll take a melody"!!!   That was superfun, did not dance at all to it, just watched the band perform it, and it was nectar to virgin ears!!!!!!

Minglewood

Brown Eyed

Me and my Uncle

I used to love her

Two souls in Communion

You aint women

I'll take a meleody

music never stopped

frankilns

unbroken chain

eyes

drums

other one

comes a time

lovelight:}

Enc..Golden road

Perfect second night.   Very tired but, still gotmy second dance wind!!!!!

and now I am the only creep up roaming the resort wondering why there are no other freaks like me around to hang out with...to funny...saying high with a smoke and a red stripe to the all the healthy joggers:}!!!  Same place as I was yesterday.........just curious....how is having more fun...the joggers are me waving to them:}!!!!!!!

Everyone needs to come to Jamaica at least once!!!   This place will change you...for sure

I got more to write.....might as well....going to get me a bloody mary first, I think they are finally open!!!     

Archived