Pocahontas Run 8/1 & 8/2

Tea

• Forum MVP

So it looks like there is going to be more music to enjoy to go along with the evenings of DSO:

gallery_27783_195_78687.jpg

Nice little festie feel to this one!  There may be some who pass on the Hors d'oeuvres but I think it will add to the overall vibe of the run.  Have some fun lucky bitches!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

It's going to depend on the weather. 95 degrees and I may pass on the opening bands. I do want to see the weight though. I always thought if I had a kid id name him Levon.

• Forum MVP

Looking forward to that run, including Wolf Trap. And as a special treat.....http://www.jambase.com/Articles/122023/DSO-and-The-Weight-To-Re-Create-1973-Dead-and-Band-Sets

DS > El Paso > Eyes. I'm all in.

I'm trying to recollect where the previous 3 shows they did that were announced beforehand. I know that one was in Ithaca when they recreated the Barton Hall show, and another was when Eaton had to be in New York on business, and they performed a JGB show with Dank on keys. Where was the other one? Bueller?

Looking forward to that run, including Wolf Trap. And as a special treat.....http://www.jambase.com/Articles/122023/DSO-and-The-Weight-To-Re-Create-1973-Dead-and-Band-Sets

DS > El Paso > Eyes. I'm all in.

I'm trying to recollect where the previous 3 shows they did that were announced beforehand. I know that one was in Ithaca when they recreated the Barton Hall show, and another was when Eaton had to be in New York on business, and they performed a JGB show with Dank on keys. Where was the other one? Bueller?

I'm pretty sure NYE 2010 was announced beforehand

• Forum MVP

NYE 2010 was announced; Cow Palace 76.

They also announced that they were going to perform 4/29/71 on the fortieth anniversary at Irving Plaza.

I also remember a couple times when they announced that they would perform shows from the Cap Centre or MSG, just didn't say specifically what show. Wellmont NYE, they announced that they were doing a recreation that consisted of one set from the 60s, 70s, and 80s each.

That's all that comes to mind. But I'm hungover and the sun won't stop shining in my room. Someone turn that damned thing off.

• Forum MVP

also Barton Hall show in Ithica one year. I didn't go to that one but I was at ll the ones Found mentioned. I prefer not to know....but if the show being played is 8-1-73 it certainly makes me think harder about going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

checked out the setlist they will be playing!!!  I like surprises, and I will most definitely forget most of songs and order by the time my body starts moving to the music, but I know now it will be a hot show, with some interesting twist!!!!

Thanks for doing a two day run DSO!!  We love you hear in Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Looks like I am going to be for these 2 shows with the Wolf Trap as a chaser ...

going to drive down from Ohio the night before (Thursday July 31st) that way I have all day on Friday August 1st to organize ...

Camping I guess is for Pocahontas .... what is up with staying after the Wolf Trap show ?

• Forum MVP

If anyone out there has another spot for a couple of friends to set up a tent, I would be very grateful!!!   I can only fit so many people in my cabin, and as it stands, I might be sleeping in my truck to give other people room in the cabin. 

My friends that need camp spot are kind, and not young kids, so mellow and respectful.  Hit me up if you got extra room.

Thank you kindly

• Forum MVP

Jamaica changed me!! I was first sleeping all nights at jubilee...but I must state there are different types of sleep . I find that beer helps the body and mind rest , even in motion. Why I drink so much...getting good sleep!!! Being from the south...that spade is a spade thing means so much differently than other places....not being rude...just saying.

• Forum MVP

Let's call a spade a spade sun. You don't sleep.

Sun was 1st to bed at jubilee each night. We thought we were in bizarro world. But to his credit he probably walked 10 miles a day.

• Forum MVP

If anyone out there has another spot for a couple of friends to set up a tent, I would be very grateful!!! I can only fit so many people in my cabin, and as it stands, I might be sleeping in my truck to give other people room in the cabin.

My friends that need camp spot are kind, and not young kids, so mellow and respectful. Hit me up if you got extra room.

Thank you kindly

Well considering im flying in with just a backpack I'm "stuck" with the cabin only option. But I'm bringing a matress pad so I don't mind a floor but I also don't mind snuggling up to Chris or mike or u sunny. Just no more "dream" excuses. Waking up to a boner pressed up against me is a shock. Not saying it's not a pleasant one but.......

• Forum MVP

If anyone out there has another spot for a couple of friends to set up a tent, I would be very grateful!!! I can only fit so many people in my cabin, and as it stands, I might be sleeping in my truck to give other people room in the cabin.

My friends that need camp spot are kind, and not young kids, so mellow and respectful. Hit me up if you got extra room.

Thank you kindly

Well considering im flying in with just a backpack I'm "stuck" with the cabin only option. But I'm bringing a matress pad so I don't mind a floor but I also don't mind snuggling up to Chris or mike or u sunny. Just no more "dream" excuses. Waking up to a boner pressed up against me is a shock. Not saying it's not a pleasant one but.......

• Forum MVP

Thanks gr8ful!!!  But the thought of sleeping next to rude dog makes a truck seem very comfortable!!!

It will all work out, as it seems to always do!!!

After the energy I am going to put out for Poca, I will not care where I lay my tired bones!!!  Twins b-day day before, Jerry's b day, day after, and a dance athon for 3 days straight!! I will be fine where ever!!!!   And again, I am so happy I was able to talk DSO into doing a small Jubilee for Poca!!!!   It took a lot of work..hahaha.   I am so thankful they are doing this for so many of us!!!!  Hot it will be, but what a great venue, and to reserve the whole camping ground!!!  Hoping it will be like the old days of campground touring with GD.  The circus is in town, and it shows at every camp site!!!!  

My first experience of comfortable public open nudity was at a campground after a Greensboro show.   Talk about latching on like a baby hungry!!   Followed that one all the way up the eastern seaboard!!!!!!!  Enjoy them while your young, and love the music forever!!!!!!

Good times!!!  Great memories, and more to come!!  Thanks DSO!!!!!

Archived