Well, what can I say. 

In my home town

On the shores of beautiful Lake Dillon

Great little amphitheater, probably close to 800 in attendance

Free show

Perfect weather

3/20/77!!!

And a WHITE RABBIT to send everyone home with big smiles all around

I should also add that we grabbed Rob Koritz before the show and threw him on our boat and went our and cruised Lake Dillon. And to top it off we got some great viewing of 2 baby bald eagles on their perch, waiting for mama and dinner.

all in all, a PERFECT NIGHT! thanks Dark Star, you never cease to amaze me. JC

• Forum MVP

Well, what can I say. 

In my home town

Free show

Perfect weather

3/20/77!!!

I should also add that we grabbed Rob Koritz before the show and threw him on our boat and went our and cruised Lake Dillon. And to top it off we got some great viewing of 2 baby bald eagles on their perch, waiting for mama and dinner.

It doesn't get much better, John.

Fantastic!

• Forum MVP

That ampitheater looked amazing!!! Lol I was reading that and thought u said we grabbed Rob k and threw him in the lake lol. I'm like that's not very nice lol.

• Forum MVP

Well, what can I say. 

In my home town

Free show

Perfect weather

3/20/77!!!

actually, about 3000!!

I had predicted 3000 as well....90% were fans I would have to say, 10% were curious. I think free DSO concerts make a lot of sense. DSO still gets paid by the town and TWO, many sceptics get to see what all the chatter is about.....BAM > many new fans! Much like the Dead allowing taping of the shows....many a fan was born through that exercise!

• Forum MVP

Had some really great dancing space on the front right. Strong police presence but didn't bother us (me) none.

First set was typical 77. No surprises until the end. Knew it was March after the Estimated and Scarlet. That Scarlet, while it was the best single song I heard on the run, was one of the best things I've ever seen DSO do. Hands in the air and crying good. Just absurd. The fat man was looking down on us.

St. Stephen>TOO>Stella Blue was the big sequence in the second set. Big dancing followed by some pure passion. Terrapin encore had confirmed my suspicion of 3/20. An exquisite and ethereal ending to my run only to have it torn apart by Lisa and Jeff on White Rabbit. Smokin' stuff.

Bravo to the band. You guys killed it.

Big thanks to Mason Child. Couldn't have done it without you. Love you brother. Jen, thanks for the hospitality. Cnjbrian, it was a ride and a half dude. Mango, come back east. Miss you dude. Vince, Sue, Connie, Gary... You guys are awesome. Looking forward to the next time we get together. Crazy digits, always a pleasure. And everyone else, love you all.

Thinking AC later this month is my next stop.

• Forum MVP

That Scarlet was the highlight of my run, too! An upwardly escalating jam, like a raging fireball. I love me a good Scar>Fire but I also treasure a good stand alone Scarlet.

This was the only show of the three i that I saw which had any kind of communal dancing going on. The Ogden was okay, helped that it was a non crowded night. Statebridge was a Shitbridge....sounds like the Mish was mess as well. It was really crucial to have this night to top things off. What started as a few of us dancing turned into a legit dance party of at least 30+ people.

New Minglewood BluesRamble on RoseEl PasoDealCassidyPeggy-OBeat it on Down the LineBrown Eyed WomenEstimated ProphetScarlet BegoniasSamson and DelilahRow JimmyPromised LandSt. StephenThe Other OneStella BlueAround and AroundU.S. BluesTerrapin Station

Second set, on paper, not my favorite but it panned pretty well. Nice long treatment of the Other One and the Stella was quite nice, the crowd being fairly respectful.  Looking out into the stands during Around and Around it seemed as though every body was moving and grooving. Hope they play there again.

White Rabbit was the obvious choice to knock the ball out of the park, and it worked!!

Archived