Sending out Good Vibes to Bobby

SunSue

It's a shame to hear Bob has to cancel his upcoming tour, as well as the Jamaica run. Here's hoping Bob can deal with whatever problems he's facing and be back playing when it's safe and healthy for him to do so!! Take good care of yourself, Bob, you have more music to make!!   :(

Per Ratdog's Facebook and multiple ticket sites:

"Circumstances have necessitated that all scheduled tour dates for Bob Weir & RatDog are being cancelled. This applies to all dates on the summer tour starting on Thursday, August 14 in Boston through September 14 in Nashville and also includes the Jamaica event in January of 2015. Full and complete refunds are available at place of purchase. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

• Forum MVP

Not good.

If the cancellation includes Jamacia, I'm worried it's more than he just needs to get his head straight. Let's hope it's just a combo of: the road lifestyle that has long since been a younger mans game, along with physical and mental exhaustion.

I've harshed on Bob in the past but that was just the music critic in me. Here's to some much deserved rest for Bobby - speedy recovery my good man !

• Forum MVP

OMG. Canceling shows 6 months in advance is not good news. This can't be good :/. Maybe some music terrorist is focusing on bobby or people who play the bobby part in other bands. Coincidence with eaton being out of commission as well? Lets hope it's just a a "Hay allergy" as well with bobby as the deads 50th anniversary is next year and I'd love to see the boys do a farewell tour.

• Forum MVP

According to Jambase, here is an email Tim Flannery purported to have received from Bobby:

"Thnx, I'm doing fine, just a bit too much work and especially travel. This year has been especially busy; I've put in more miles in the first six months than I normally do in a year. Taking some time off, which I haven't done in 50 years...

Cheers,
Weir"

Not sure this does much to eliminate the concern but Bobby had a much more demanding schedule in 2014 with Ratdog reving back up.  Here's to Bob just needing a breather and getting some rest. 

• Forum MVP

It's really too bad. This Ratdog lineup is my favorite of any lineup (non-dso) since Jerry passed. Was excited to see my first show soon...

But I'd rather he take care of himself, no sense in touring himself to death.

• Advisory Board

I would be fine if Bobby never toured again and simply took the time to enjoy the rest of his life in good health.

He deserves that, he has more than earned it. He has given his all and the body of his work is vast and can not be topped at this point by himself or anyone else.

His legacy is set. We all are the beneficiaries of his gift and it is free to enjoy.

I do not want to see him go the way of Jerry, or Brent or any other of the tragic heroes who either didn't recognize their need to back away from the lifestyle issues that put them in danger, or felt the pressure to keep going because so many relied on them.

Bob owes us nothing. He has already given us everything.

Best wishes and love to Bobby. 

Dr. Barry

• Forum MVP

I would be fine if Bobby never toured again and simply took the time to enjoy the rest of his life in good health.

He deserves that, he has more than earned it. He has given his all and the body of his work is vast and can not be topped at this point by himself or anyone else.

His legacy is set. We all are the beneficiaries of his gift and it is free to enjoy.

I do not want to see him go the way of Jerry, or Brent or any other of the tragic heroes who either didn't recognize their need to back away from the lifestyle issues that put them in danger, or felt the pressure to keep going because so many relied on them.

Bob owes us nothing. He has already given us everything.

Best wishes and love to Bobby. 

Dr. Barry

I concur...wise advice

• Forum MVP

If in an alternate universe where Jerry and the rest of the band were health freaks and still touring id be like nooo. Don't get off the road. But DSO is way superior to ratdog musically. Ratdog is like buying that classic car with all original parts. DSO is that same car but fully restored, but having to use some aftermarket parts.

There appears to be a movement afoot in cyberspace to get some actual cards of support and love sent to Bob. It seems like it would be a great gesture to make sure he knows everyone cares about him getting healthy and being happy. Electronic communication is fine, but a written note can really make a statement. The address is below. I popped a card in the mail today, and I have to say it felt sort of therapeutic! Here's hoping Bob can find some inner peace, even if that means he needs to stick close to home and stay off the road.

SWEETWATER MUSIC HALL

ATTN: BOB WEIR
19 CORTE MADERA AVENUE
MILL VALLEY, CA 94941 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived