Are you ready for some football!

bs69

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I think hes referring to getting into a playoff.  Its hard to play 4 hard road games and only lose 1 game all year.  Traditionally the west and the east both would have around 3 ranked teams.  This year the west had 6 ranked and its like playing in the NFL where a 12-4 record means you have a shot at winning the superbowl, but in college a 10-2 record means no playoffs. For years the East was dominant with Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.  Now its switched to the west.  Lucky for the Eastern teams, you always get the cupcakes of Kentucky and Vandy.

• Forum MVP

I think you will see 2 loss teams from the sec make playoffs if the conference is stacked and doesn't have an undefeated or 1 loss team. It ya got 2 losses and someone else got 1 in your conference, you out. Doesn't matter if you big 10 sec pac 12.

• Forum MVP

I think for the most part a two loss SEC champ will make the playoff. I don't agree with 16 teams, there are just not that many that are worthy. Maybe 6 with byes for the top two? You would not be able to go more without cutting back the schedule. After all these guys are not pros, they are students

• Forum MVP

Well the boys are out. Personally I thought he had made a football move by reaching for the end zone. The big play was murray fumbling the ball when he had open daylight ahead. The 12th man (refs) helped the pack to win :(

• Forum MVP

I blame murray mostly but instead of dallas taking a 1 or 3-point game with 4 minutes left and letting Rogers have a last drive to tie or win, there was no such possible late game heroics. That was a call that should have just stood vs confirmed or reversed. The refs giveth(last week) and the refs taketh away.

• Forum MVP

Freaking Ducks play calling is horrible. Can they not see that they can't run but the pass is open. They aren't playing typical PAC 10 weak flower power defenses. How are u still behind after 4 turnover recoveries. Oh yeah. U are running the freaking ball every 1st down and losing yards.

• Forum MVP

The talent difference really has shown tonight. Oregon wins with an offensive system. Their defense is bad. The speed on defensive is bad. Tackling is bad. Ohio state has such superior talent. They have top recruiting on defense and oregon doesn't and that's the difference. Plus u can't tackle the OSU QB. Dude is huge. We called it early 1st quarter after the dropped passes by the Oregon receivers on 3rd down that OSU would win. Congrats OSU fans.

• Forum MVP

Love the ducks. They are one of the most fun teams to watch. Like a video game. That said, they can't match size and strength with the big boys in big ten and sec. Alabama OSU LSU have all run all over the ducks in the past. Love the ducks, but I bet OSU and laid the pts. Sometimes even winning hurts

• Forum MVP

Tacky ending. Take a knee and the game ends. But instead they score the TD. Now we have to watch a kickoff and other plays. No respect for that urban Meyer. Unfortunately OSU will be in the playoff every year for the near future with their recruiting and the big ten looking like it will be down for several years based on some weak recruiting.

If u want to know why I despise OSU, in 95 I putchased 4 tics to 3 dead shows from a scalping agency for 45 a pop. We stopped in columbus overnight on the way to Pitt. Our cars window was busted out and all my clothes and tix were stolen. I had the clothes on my back minus 12 non replaceable tix. I had to pay for tix to Pitt and night 1 to deer creek and never distributed the other tix to my friends so was out money I didn't have in college. So needless to say I hate columbus.

• Forum MVP

Congratulations to the Buckeyes.  They outplayed and seriously out-coached a talented Ducks team.  I'm not a Meyer fan but I'm impressed of the job he has done with that program.

Hopefully, Michigan will eventually find it's way and start to give OSU a run for their money.  The Big Ten is going to get better - it may take a little time but I think that conference is on the rise.

Sorry that happened Rude.  When stuff like that happens and you are just passing through, it's hard not single out a place as the 7th layer of hell.  In that vein:  Screw Landover, MD.  That place should be spelled with just 4 letters. 

• Forum MVP

Very happy this morning. The talent difference was obvious, several big stops by the defense after turnovers. I agree with Rude, we should have kneeled at the end of the game. It will be interesting to see how the quarterback situation unfolds over the off season. Already looking forward to next year.

• Forum MVP

Congratulations to the Buckeyes. They outplayed and seriously out-coached a talented Ducks team. I'm not a Meyer fan but I'm impressed of the job he has done with that program.

Hopefully, Michigan will eventually find it's way and start to give OSU a run for their money. The Big Ten is going to get better - it may take a little time but I think that conference is on the rise.

Sorry that happened Rude. When stuff like that happens and you are just passing through, it's hard not single out a place as the 7th layer of hell. In that vein: Screw Landover, MD. That place should be spelled with just 4 letters.

I figured St. Louis would be right there for u as well.

• Forum MVP

Tacky ending. Take a knee and the game ends. But instead they score the TD. Now we have to watch a kickoff and other plays. No respect for that urban Meyer. Unfortunately OSU will be in the playoff every year for the near future with their recruiting and the big ten looking like it will be down for several years based on some weak recruiting.

If u want to know why I despise OSU, in 95 I putchased 4 tics to 3 dead shows from a scalping agency for 45 a pop. We stopped in columbus overnight on the way to Pitt. Our cars window was busted out and all my clothes and tix were stolen. I had the clothes on my back minus 12 non replaceable tix. I had to pay for tix to Pitt and night 1 to deer creek and never distributed the other tix to my friends so was out money I didn't have in college. So needless to say I hate columbus.

Got to learn to let things go.  Hate that night.  Hold animosity towards those that trespass against you, although the unknown assailants probably deserve your pity and forgiveness.  You have to be in a low place and feel less than human to be a thief.  Sorry you lost the tickets.  Columbus is a cool place with lots of cool people.  Thieves everywhere.  Give Columbus a chance.

• Forum MVP

Congratulations to the Buckeyes. They outplayed and seriously out-coached a talented Ducks team. I'm not a Meyer fan but I'm impressed of the job he has done with that program.

Hopefully, Michigan will eventually find it's way and start to give OSU a run for their money. The Big Ten is going to get better - it may take a little time but I think that conference is on the rise.

Sorry that happened Rude. When stuff like that happens and you are just passing through, it's hard not single out a place as the 7th layer of hell. In that vein: Screw Landover, MD. That place should be spelled with just 4 letters.

I figured St. Louis would be right there for u as well.

Oh yeah.  Lost my ride on tour in '94.  Thank God for the kindness of stangers :)  There's a song about those tribulations I'm told.

• Forum MVP

Holy shit!!! One of the craziest games I've ever seen. Wilson was 8/22 for 75 yards with 4 interceptions in the 1st 55 minutes. Finishes a hero. kearse was targeted 4x in those 1st 55 minutes. All 4 intercepted. Then he catches the winning score. My buddy has the game DVRd and he's a Green Bay fan. He really needs to not watch it. It's going to make him cry.

Archived