Slipknot!
Franklin's Tower
The Music Never Stopped
Stella Blue
Around And Around

Encore:
U.S. Blues

Filler: MISSION IN THE RAIN!

First of all, I LOVE THIS SHOW. I listened to it a lot this summer as it was one of the few Aric had on his phone at the retreat center.  Thanks to Mango's tips I was able to call the mission filler while we were waiting around for the show to start. The venue was groovy with the red tape dancing line instead of weird bars or walls to whack into.  FUN!

It's real. Every night is the best show they have ever played. I don't know how. They don't have off nights anymore...? I mean....... when Jeff can fuck mission over foregetting the openening lines and actualy STOP playing guitar for a minute and just LAUGH as he starts again and still deliver THAT kind of MISSION?!?! the whole place was stoked we were able to throw him off. I LOVE when lyrics go outta the head.... its even better than singing the wrong line.  energy will do that to you and this show HAD IT.

rewind. had to try to get a ticket for a sold out show cause we had 2 for the 3 of us, and it worked really great since Aric (not hippie looking) was able to attract some cool older dudes (also not hippie looking) that empathized.  niiiiice! unicorn wasn't cutting it tonight! lol.

so we all made it in. great! too many were left out, sad.

first set was drippy and magical but the playin was phenomenal and when they started jamming supplication i started looking around like, "no, they are just gonna jam it a second, right?" and "this isn't happening, right?" but there was no confirmation in any eyes around me so I just kept dancin and sure enough, supplication it was and I was levitated away for the rest of the night!

samson was particularly smokin. Rob B really had me captivated tonight with the perfect rainbow highlights, and as I was standing in front of Skip, my body hair was standing up most of the night.  Loser was just what we wanted as it was Aric's "first favorite GD song" and they nailed it! minglewood was a stomping, strutting dance party all over the place......

but the help slip frank was SOMETHING ELSE.  i was cry laughing for most of it, including the drums in the center of it.  something happened.... it was more personal I think (that I feel like that something happened)  than what happend during the dark star in ashland during which I don't think anyone was left untouched, but it was really special.  really really really really really special.  by music and around and around everyone was stomping as they danced and just loving every second.

stella. ah, my first second set stella in quite a long while it feels like now.  very comforting. we held each other and just stared at emptiness together until the blue light cheap motel reminded us to come back and be with everyone else.  so kind. so divine. such a great moment to jerry out to. ahhhhhh.

ran into a lot of friends from the ol' ATL where I started this long strange trip and one friend reminded me I had told him at a tiny electronic fest where he was wearing a DSO shirt tha we would be friends for life and that since we keep seeing each other here, it must be true ;) thanks, DSO family, you are IT.

KISS KISS see ya'll in NAPA!

• Forum MVP

"Loser" was my first fav too. The Cowboy songs probably brought a lot of like-minded guys into the fold, and then the changes took hold. But you never really get over your first love.

I'm glad the tour is taking you where you want to be...

• Forum MVP

That is perfect chuck if it's the 2nd filler. I prefer a slow filler/encore. That Sing me back home in Asheville was about as perfect an encore as I could imagine after a dancy show. It's like a high cardio exercise for 3 hours then a 10 minute cool period b4 we pack it in.

• Forum MVP

JK used to do Sisters and Brothers for filler but it made no sense to me- Jerry never ended a show with it, a raging song of some sort almost always followed...

On a cursory glance, JGB Encore of MBAMS in 10/31/88, 11/28/87, 10/31/87, 10/28/87, 10/25/87, 10/16/87, 10/19/87, Never say never

• Forum MVP

My first DSO show was an 89. But after they announced the show and said we have time for 1 more, and the first notes of alligator hit, holy shit. Their 1 more was a near 20 minute alligator, and my mind was blown.

Now if the show is a pre or post Donna, I feel like I need some Lisa in the filler. But I'll take a JGB filler any day of the week. And when a filler knocks a "white whale" off the list. Super awesome.

How bout a 70, half acoustic, so many roads white rabbit filler

• Forum MVP

Sisters and brothers got played out w jk.

And just about every other show you were sure hear Liberty or Touch. We would never get an early era setlist with JK either, as he refused to play certain songs. That Napa show and others like it, wouldn't have occured with JK in the band. Thank you Jeffrey. 

• Forum MVP

Gotcha I still like the tune.

Has anyone every seen a Don't Let Go? Those can get super psychedelic. Not as an encore necessarily as it probably was not ever played that way. Lol

Werewolves is a super fun encore in my book. Call me a Touchhead but I like Baby Blue and Black Muddy River, too.

• Forum MVP

Has anyone every seen a Don't Let Go? Those can get super psychedelic.

Call me a Touchhead but I like Baby Blue

Your my hero :)

Just in it for the jam, man. It is a drug.

Baby Blue reminds me of Joyce Carol Oates short story "Where are you going? Where have you been?" Superbly written story.

• Forum MVP

Has anyone every seen a Don't Let Go? Those can get super psychedelic.

Call me a Touchhead but I like Baby Blue

Your my hero :)

Just in it for the jam, man. It is a drug.

I'm serious.  When you mention Don't Let Go and Baby Blue in consequtive sentences, you go right to the top of the list!

I'm not sure there's anything quite like a DSO-Bender.  No 2 are quite the same......

• Forum MVP

Playin>Supp>Playin was the highlight of the night for me; what a great, unexpected combo. Spent parts of the second set dancing in the lobby since it was so crowded. Fun show but I never really felt super engaged...lots of alcohol everywhere, including on the floor.

That Mission filler was the other highlight for me.

This show pales in my memory in comparison to Napa and Redwood. They can't all be winners...

Archived