Masters

bs69

• Forum MVP

Unbelievable run that Spieth is on. Can anyone catch him? I'm hoping someone goes low tomorrow to at least make it interesting. Dustin Johnson could be the one, three eagles in one round! Nice send off for Crenshaw today, glad to see his old caddy included.

• Forum MVP

tiger is shootin well today. spieth has one bogey through 36. I can't see him faltering really. too on fire. but am hoping for some competition on Sunday. side note, Keegan Bradley's caddy has a dancing bear shirt on.

• Forum MVP

Sunday is gonna be good! If Speith maintains the type of composure he's shown for 3 days now, he seems unbeatable. Phils on fire though. Can't wait.

Found - same caddy seen last year with partial steal your face showing under the white coveralls.

• Forum MVP

A 4-5 shot lead on Sun is not safe at Augusta. Hell - that lead can evaporate on the back 9 with the final round pin placements.

Speith has a great look at it tho. He's been dialed in all week and is a phenomenal talent. I wouldn't mind seeing him don the green jacket. If he wins, I really don't see a cakewalk. Hello Friends! Masters pressure is unlike any other.

• Forum MVP

rory is good and all, his last two rounds were fantastic, but I don't think he can even really match up with spieth. I'd sort of put Phil and rory in the same class, two really really great golfers. but Jordan sorta feels like the next tiger to me. he will dominate. wouldn't be surprised if pulled off a grand slam soon.

• Forum MVP

Augusta obviously fits Spieth's game well, not so sure that his game will fit as well at the two opens, time will tell. It was good to see Tiger relevant, even if he didn't play well yesterday. Lot of great stories this year, should be a great season.

• Forum MVP

I really hope we get another golden era in golf with Speith.
Nicholas, Palmer, Watson, Player was an era of sorts. Woods and Mickelson was sort of another. Speith, McEllroy, Day and maybe another young-gun or 2 could be next.
What made me a fan of golf in my adult years was Tiger. Not that I liked him that much (he carried himself like an ass) but it was the desire to witness greatness. It was the desire to see him challenge Jacks record (which Woods will not break).
Even Speith doesn't dominate like Tiger did, to see a core group of guys challenging each other in majors on Sunday would be pretty damn awesome.
Seeing somebody come out of nowhere to win - never to be heard from again just doesn't hold the allure that this possibility does.
Here's to the future - looks pretty bright to me :)

• Forum MVP

Keegan Bradley's (Pepsi) and Marc Wilson's (Crispy) caddies have both been to several DSO shows. They're big fans of the band. Also met a MLB umpire at a show in D.C. 

I thought that Augusta was set up way to easy for those guys last week. The greens were soft, and slow compared to years past. They were firing at pins all 4 rounds. They could have turned on the sub air and toughened it up but chose not to. I personally prefer a U.S. Open over that Jim Nantz lovefest anyway.

Spieth is obviously great for golf and for America, but let's see him do something in another major before annointing him

our next superstar. He certainly has the potential to win a bunch, and all facets of his game are real solid. He's only 21 and the sky is the limit, but I'll hold off on proclaiming him great until I see more on a course that isn't as conducive to his game like Augusta was. 

Archived