What will Dark Star play for the Penn's Peak 2 nighter?!

Im hoping for 10/9/76 tonight and 10/10/76 tomorrow. Still havnt heard DSO do dancin and realllllllyyyyyyy would just geek out for some dancin. Whats everyone thinkin/hopin for ? I am just sooo thankful that they are finally doin 2 nights at the peak!! What a perfect weekend too the weather is just so great..cant wait to spend the next 2 days outside on shakedown and next 2 nights blown away by dark star:)

• Forum MVP

Since I'm sadly not attending PP, what I want them to play is irrelevant.  That said, that Day on the Green run from '76 would be freaking spectacular! 

I've become extremely supersticious about posting recreation desires on this forum.  While I know the band doesn't perpetually troll this site looking for what we would like to hear, I DO know that they have a sense of humor.  That sense of humor can be quite twisted at times to boot.

There are a couple songs that shall forever remain nameless that I hope by some miracle they play at Jubilee.  You never no tho, I was unapologetic about my undying affection for Pembroke and they blew that mother out in Charlotte.

I think theres a Rooling Stones song that addresses this issue.  I just can't remember the name of it.....

• Forum MVP

Tea, if RB helps the Band tune up with riffs from “Jump”, I’ll be on the floor laughing.

“I get up, and nothing gets me down…”

Chinacat, I am stoked as well for a great weekend - who does the weather command – certainly the polar opposite of last fall.

Tonight will be my 20th DSO show, how cool is that all you long time Starheads? I never kept count of my Dead shows, and I have made efforts to listen to old Archives to see if I could connect the dots…but too many uncertainties – I made it a point to keep track of DSO shows.

And the Peak Police are notorious for setting up road stops – so aside from the obvious not to drive impaired, don’t look like it. I literally change clothes after I get to the lot - they just wave you by if you don’t look like a head.

“Might as well jump, JUMP !”

• Forum MVP

Im hoping for 10/9/76 tonight and 10/10/76 tomorrow. Still havnt heard DSO do dancin and realllllllyyyyyyy would just geek out for some dancin. Whats everyone thinkin/hopin for ? I am just sooo thankful that they are finally doin 2 nights at the peak!! What a perfect weekend too the weather is just so great..cant wait to spend the next 2 days outside on shakedown and next 2 nights blown away by dark star:)

I think DSO's 77 style dancin is the best thing they do(yes bold statement). They have blown my mind many times with that. I happened to hit a streak of 76/77 shows and they would not cease to blow my mind on it. Think I've gotten like 8-10 dancin's so far and I'm grateful every time.

• Forum MVP

T

...connect the dots…but too many uncertainties –...

....change clothes after I get to the lot - they just wave you by if you don’t look like a head.

or maybe too much smook in the air

The change of clothes is good advice to all.  Safe travels past the cops is often very important and looking stright can help tremendously.

• Forum MVP

I plan to give my brief history of interaction with police check points at the peak. I love this venue but it's been going on over 3 years. It's sad. I wish rights were more than some silly ideals put on paper by men who never wanted the general public to have rights. They've been stripping the bill of Rights since they day it was written. A sobriety check point is an unlawful search and possible seizure of private proberty. We need a Supreme Court for the people.

• Forum MVP

I plan to give my brief history of interaction with police check points at the peak. I love this venue but it's been going on over 3 years. It's sad. I wish rights were more than some silly ideals put on paper by men who never wanted the general public to have rights. They've been stripping the bill of Rights since they day it was written. A sobriety check point is an unlawful search and possible seizure of private proberty. We need a Supreme Court for the people.

It's just a warm up for Monday after jubilee's police action on the interstate. If you happened to be stopped, expect all your belongings to be on the side of the road and all backpacks and bags emptied out. It's reminiscent of nazi movies I have seen and the troopers are just as determined as the nazi storm troopers. But hey, if you aren't breaking any laws, you have nothing to fear right? That's the patriot act response. Who cares if police listen to your calls. If you are doing nothing wrong who cares. Maybe they are stopping people MC to make the peak safe from terrorists? What's a little invasion of privacy to keep your family safe? I know the police have our safety in mind, at least if we are white and have short hair.

Archived