Keene, NH

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

goodness ... did you see that 2nd set setlist .... smoking ...

Alligator > Drums > Space > Alligator > Throwing Stones > Dear Mr. Fantasy > So Many Roads > Johnny B. Goode ...

and a Lay Down Sally in the 1st set ... WOW

bang boom bing .. and a double GIDDYUP !

• Forum MVP

5.13.14 Colonial Theater, Keene, NH

Bucket 

Cold Rain

Minglewood

Tennessee Jed 

Tom Thumb's

BT Wind

Lay Down Sally*

Esau

Cumberland

Bird Song

Stranger

China>
Rider

Alligator>
Drumz>
Alligator>

Throwing Stones>

Mr. Fantasy>

So Many Roads>
Johnny B. Goode

e: Reuben & Cherise

*first time played

damnnnnn...looks gorgeous 

• Forum MVP

I'm not sure which of these may have already been played acooustic by DSO, but there's 1 or 2 (ok, more) that might trip my trigger.  Let me know if any of these have been played by DSO (electric):

Stoned Me, He Ain't Give You None, Eleanor Rigsby, Sitting in Limbo, Rhapsody in Red, I Shall Be Released, Keys to the Rain, Little Sadie, I've Been All Around This World, Rosalie McFall, Mississippi Moon, Senior, Tough Mama, Wonderful World, Shining Star, The Maker, How Sweet It Is.  I'm sure I'm leaving some out...

I guess they have 3 full shows to get their 'cannon' of songs to play - I imagine we may get one or 2 at Jubilee.  Ready for anything :)

Oops!  Thread-Hijack.  Thousand Pardons.

• Forum MVP

They did a sitting in limbo in jersey several years back. It wasn't the only one.

Do the jgb shows recreated by dso sans a bobby guy in the early 2000s count towards your list. I know jk went through most of those songs.

• Forum MVP

They did a sitting in limbo in jersey several years back. It wasn't the only one.

Do the jgb shows recreated by dso sans a bobby guy in the early 2000s count towards your list. I know jk went through most of those songs.

Not that JK's performances don't matter but I was looking more at Jeff's tenure since he's gonna be the one front-and-center for Jays Peak (x2) plus Sernac.  

• Forum MVP

Prolly shouldn't have included this one as JGB never performed it live as it turns out.  AC is right that it's a Hunter Song that was featured on his first solo album Tales of the Rum Runners with Jerry playing lead (1974).   It has a decidedly Latin flair and is arcane enough to never see the light of day by anyone other than Hunter himself.  I originally thought it was played a time or 2 in 1980, but alas, no.

This excerpt is my favorite:

The just and the crippled both push up the flowers
And nothing remains but the song of the hours
I hope you can dig it I know that you will
But please don't run hide when I come with my bill
And before you get trying this noose on for size
It's so quick to fall, yes, and so slow to rise
And who do you think you'll get to believe you
When you tell them you got the keys to the rain?

• Forum MVP

OK, now that DSO is going into JGB territory , how about stretching into some Promontory Rider or One Thing To Try  landscapes? of course, the whole Ammagamalin Street album would take some effort to tell the complete story of Chet and Murphy and sister Maggie, , just drifting and dreaming here folks

• Forum MVP

I'm not sure which of these may have already been played acooustic by DSO, but there's 1 or 2 (ok, more) that might trip my trigger.  Let me know if any of these have been played by DSO (electric):

Stoned Me, He Ain't Give You None, Eleanor Rigsby, Sitting in Limbo, Rhapsody in Red, I Shall Be Released, Keys to the Rain, Little Sadie, I've Been All Around This World, Rosalie McFall, Mississippi Moon, Senior, Tough Mama, Wonderful World, Shining Star, The Maker, How Sweet It Is.  I'm sure I'm leaving some out...

w/ JM electric-  All Around this World, Shall be Released, Tough Mama, How Sweet It Is for sure

acoustic-- Little Sadie & Rosalie McFall

mississippiMoon, Senor, ShiningStar, The Maker, Rhapsody in Red, He Aint give you None,  ---no, never

• Forum MVP

Absolutely love the set list. 2nd set looked like a barn burner and so many roads is a song I could hear every show. It has the heart of an early 70s song when Jerry and hunter had so many ideas and hunter was at the peak if his writing, but made more sense as and end of career song. It would have much less meaning had it been written in 1970. It was the last great grateful dead song ever written IMO. I guess mostly only getting it in originals makes it much more special to hear as it was 1st played in like 91/92 I think.

• Forum MVP

Bix and I got to see Sitting in Limbo in Pensacola couple years ago when they did a JGB show with Donna. http://dsoforums.net/starbase/dso_shows.php?operation=view&pk0=5050

apparently an electric Sitting in Limbo in an elective in Madison, WI 1.31.13 that same tour before Pensacola 

as well as 10.4.11 Lake Tahoe and 3 others in spring  '11 (Princeton, NJ (nice call rick), SanFran &seattle) ...//cool, they should bring it back! 

w/ JK they only did Limbo 4x in some JGB recreations back in '01

Archived